ForumsSupport ForumMerit thought

71 16137
Strength
Strength
187 posts
Nomad

Hello,

Introduction:
The suggestion can be found below, under the bolded word "Suggestion." (creative?)

I was fiddling around on my profile page taking a look at my merits. Getting merits is not at the top of my list, but I wanted to throw out a tiny suggestion for them. Although I do not post/comment/ and rate for the sole reason of merits, I thought that I might be able to provide a decent addition to them.

As a note, I'd like to say that this post isn't about making merits easier to get or anything of the nature. It is soley an addition I think could improve merits.

Suggestion:

Okay, so here goes nothing!

My suggestion is to add a system into the merits that allow you to see the post/comment you got the merit, and possibly even the date/time of when you got it. In all, I think adding this system could improve feedback on how users get merits, and help them to gain merits in the future.

And you know what happens then? Less complaints to moderators! Yay!

Anyways, that's my suggestion, thanks for taking the time to read, and feel free to discuss!

• 71 Replies
Strength
Strength
187 posts
Nomad

How about a webdev/admin?
The merit system is definitely important to us. We'll be reworking it a little for AG3, but we absolutely care about getting high-quality user feedback on games, etc.

Yes, definately.

It's also great to hear that AG3 will be taking alot of input on user feedback, although I do have one question for you!:

Does this thread count?
Aceeri
Aceeri
3 posts
Nomad

Cool idea! Kinda like kongregates system of their achievements!

Strength
Strength
187 posts
Nomad

Hmm, I don't know if I've ever spent enough time on Kongregate to know about that. :P

Strength
Strength
187 posts
Nomad

Bump.

Another neat feature that could be added into AG3 would be being able to switch pages of a thread and keep the text you have in your message.

lllllllllllllllllll
lllllllllllllllllll
187 posts
Nomad

Another neat feature that could be added into AG3 would be being able to switch pages of a thread and keep the text you have in your message.

Eh.... I don't know about that. It's really not that great to have that.
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

I do agree with @Strength, especially when I'm catching up on threads which are several pages long, and I want to be able to quote several users at a time. From an implementation point of view, the development behind doing something like that is a lot harder than just telling users to use copy/paste. My workflow is:

1. start my reply message as soon as I see something to respond to
2. when I get to the bottom of the page, copy my response so far into my clipboard (in Windows/Linux: click anywhere in the message box, then hit CTRL-A then CTRL-C)
3. go to the next page, scroll to the bottom and paste my message (Win/Linux: CTRL-V), then scroll back up and see if there's anything else to reply to
4. return to step 2 until I'm on the last page

Strength
Strength
187 posts
Nomad

Ah, I use basically the same method, but with notepad. :P

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,746 posts
King

I use the exact same method, but it sometimes makes for annoyance when you accidentally scroll your mousewheel while trying to click the 'bold button' and end up opening the profile page of the user who posted last in the thread! LOL
God only knows how may times I've shouted, screamed and cursed when that happened while I was typing a long post! =P

But apart from those few 'oral enthusiastic' moments when it happened, this works just fine for me!

I wonder... I read the question asked by 'Strenght' in the beginning of the thread about 'whether it would be possible to see where you got your merit from and easily retrieve it...' and I never saw an answer on that... :/

Will something like this be implemented in AG3 next to the email notification now used in AG2?

Strength
Strength
187 posts
Nomad

I wonder... I read the question asked by 'Strenght' in the beginning of the thread about 'whether it would be possible to see where you got your merit from and easily retrieve it...' and I never saw an answer on that... :/
Will something like this be implemented in AG3 next to the email notification now used in AG2?

I'd like to see an answer as well.
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

To quote myself:

The merit system is definitely important to us. We'll be reworking it a little for AG3

... which means (a) it's not fully decided, and (b) subject to change, therefore (c) I can't comment on specifics.

At a general level, yes, I do think that users should be able to see *how* they were given a merit. How we'll implement that isn't determined yet.
Strength
Strength
187 posts
Nomad

Okay, well now that I've planted the seed into your head we'll see what happens. :P

Showing 61-71 of 71