Forums

ForumsProgramming Forum

[REFERENCE INFO] Game Creator's Useful Links

Thread Locked

Posted Apr 21, '11 at 12:48pm

master565

master565

3,874 posts

is there a free NON download maker ?????

I guess if you want to buy a hard copy than yes.

Posted Apr 28, '11 at 11:57am

Secretmapper

Secretmapper

740 posts

is there a free NON download maker ?????

Now what reason could you want for not downloading "maker"? As master said, you may want to buy a hard copy. lol

But really, I want to know why you don't want to download it.

You could try sploder, it some kind of game maker I happened to stumble upon one day. YOu could make games online. Or Unity, if you're a little bit serious. But that requires downloading too :P

Posted Apr 28, '11 at 8:27pm

ProfessorOak

ProfessorOak

778 posts

I guess if you want to buy a hard copy than yes.

If you just want to put it on your desk and look at it...
You're going to have to put the disc into your computer, then install it, which is pretty much "downloading" it.
If you already have Flash, and are having difficulty, I recommend trying Fixel. It's pretty much an aid to coders. http://flixel.org/ check it out!

Posted Apr 28, '11 at 9:11pm

master565

master565

3,874 posts

You're going to have to put the disc into your computer, then install it, which is pretty much "downloading" it.

Nope.

Download - to transfer (software, data, character sets, etc.) from a distant to a nearby computer, from a larger to a smaller computer, or from a computer to a peripheral device.

Install - to place in position or connect for service or use

When you download something you receive files from a server. When you install something you are using files you already have.

Very often after downloading a program you need to install it so they are two different things.

Posted Apr 28, '11 at 9:51pm

Darkroot

Darkroot

2,549 posts

@master565 you're correct downloading is explicitly used for getting information from another grouped computer system or network.

For a CD or another peripheral it would be a transfer of information from one storage system to another.

When you download something you receive files from a server. When you install something you are using files you already have.

Not necessarily you can download and install at the same time. Or just download to a directory.

Posted Apr 28, '11 at 9:53pm

master565

master565

3,874 posts

Not necessarily you can download and install at the same time. Or just download to a directory.

But wouldn't you still be installing the files you are currently downloading? Even if you only have them for a fraction of a second before they install, they are still on your hardrive first.

Posted May 7, '11 at 7:21pm

DarkLink1133

DarkLink1133

4 posts

note that the link to adobe flash only leads to the newest flash

Posted May 7, '11 at 8:32pm

acmed

acmed

1,921 posts

if anybody wants to know how to put gamecreator games into an swf file, write on my wall

Posted May 14, '11 at 6:46pm

komputerkurt

komputerkurt

843 posts

Useful links that actually aren't useful:
Links to converting code from game maker to flash.

It isn't possible to convert coding, as it will either not function the same or not work at all. Just like translating from English to French. If you were to translate it back it would likely say something different and the French that it was translated in to might be terrible as well.

Posted May 29, '11 at 2:39pm

stijnhero

stijnhero

22 posts

cool yeah game maker is easy but kinda stupid u can do nothin with the games and stuff it's very limited