Forums

ForumsProgramming Forum

[REFERENCE INFO] Game Creator's Useful Links

Thread Locked

Posted May 31, '11 at 4:41pm

WhiskeyedJack

WhiskeyedJack

85 posts

Haven't seen anyone else mention it yet, so I figured I'd pipe up. The ArmorBlog has a very interesting article on How to Become a Game Developer, for anyone who might be interested.

Posted Jun 22, '11 at 7:48pm

Jefferysinspiration

Jefferysinspiration

3,236 posts

This thread was very useful, thank you :]

Posted Jun 25, '11 at 7:18am

ExplosionsHurt

ExplosionsHurt

262 posts

cool yeah game maker is easy but kinda stupid u can do nothin with the games and stuff it's very limited

It isn't that limited, once you get to know all of it's capabilities. However, the drag and drop icons can only get you so far, and then you will have to learn GML (Game Maker Language).

Posted Jul 5, '11 at 6:41pm

plantlovingaxemurder

plantlovingaxemurder

12 posts

http://inventwithpython.com/ try this site it lets you do anything. It is free. But it is not easy and you will have to learn. However I do not know if armorgames allows this kind of game, does anyone know? Anyways check it out.

Posted Aug 9, '11 at 11:25am

Awesomeyi

Awesomeyi

127 posts

I know how you can get adobe professional cs5.5 for free and save 700 dollars.

Posted Aug 12, '11 at 8:09am

ExplosionsHurt

ExplosionsHurt

262 posts

@awesomeyi,

How?

Posted Aug 12, '11 at 10:29am

Awesomeyi

Awesomeyi

127 posts

Its technically illegal, so I don't want to post the link here, cause I might be banned. But, if I can, and the mods say so, I will.

Posted Aug 12, '11 at 11:07am

Awesomeyi

Awesomeyi

127 posts

sorry its against the rules to post the link

Posted Aug 12, '11 at 4:36pm

master565

master565

4,288 posts

Its technically illegal, so I don't want to post the link here, cause I might be banned. But, if I can, and the mods say so, I will.

It's not illegal to post the link, it's illegal to pirate the program. So your not getting it for free, your stealing it.

Posted Aug 12, '11 at 10:53pm

Darkroot

Darkroot

2,879 posts

Community Forum Rules & Regulations

- No discussions of software piracy, hacking, illegal material, or linking to these activities will be tolerated.

It's not illegal to post the link, it's illegal to pirate the program. So your not getting it for free, your stealing it.

The legality of pirating it depends on where you live and whether it is stealing is also questionable. The fact is it is not tolerated if you want to discuss this is detail go somewhere else.