ForumsWEPR[Necro] Does God exist?

697 244244
locoace3
locoace3
15,053 posts
Nomad

since there really s no topic on whether or not he really exists and created people i decided to make one

start debating... NOW!

• 697 Replies
greg_greg
greg_greg
440 posts
Peasant

so youre saying the bible doesnt textualy make historical sense? like as if it were a book, when you read a book, do you take everything literally, or do you need to be contextualist when reading and put what was happening back then into perspective?

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

so youre saying the bible doesnt textualy make historical sense?

I'm saying it doesn't make any sense what so ever. Many took this nonsense as literal, we later learned such things couldn't possible happen and they changed gears saying that non sense was just metaphor.

Though another problem arises in that there is no clear line between what's suppose to be taken as metaphor and what's suppose to be taken literally. As it stands we could easily say God is nothing more then a metaphor.
Shenko
Shenko
1,059 posts
Treasurer

mage the big bang is nothing more than a theory
and besides the majority of the things u say about the bible arent true
in one thread u said there r dragons in the bible show me a verse anywhere in the bible where it says that

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

mage the big bang is nothing more than a theory

Yep, it explains the observed evidence.

and besides the majority of the things u say about the bible arent true

Which part?

in one thread u said there r dragons in the bible show me a verse anywhere in the bible where it says that

I also included a link in that post, here it is again.

Dragon Bible Quotes
Shenko
Shenko
1,059 posts
Treasurer

lmfao that link was crap
i checked my bible with the link quotes and it was all bullshit
that just showed how dumb mage is

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

lmfao that link was crap
i checked my bible with the link quotes and it was all bull****
that just showed how dumb mage is

You're doing it wrong. That is not how to argue.

What Mage is doing right is that unlike most people, he's providing sources and (for the most part) explaining how that link applies to his argument. If you want to reject that, at least explain why.
Shenko
Shenko
1,059 posts
Treasurer

well i did i compared the bible with the link and it didnt match
i guess i shoulda pointed that out more and less taunting
btw its cool how im talking to a mod

broohaha
broohaha
2 posts
Nomad

Anybody ever heard of H.L. Mencken's "Treatise on the Gods"? Some of you may get a kick out of it. It's a rather cynical piece about how "God" may have come to be on its most basic level:

Severely truncated, imagine a cave man about to drown from a rainstorm. As a last, desperate, animal instinct, he strikes at that which is about to kill him, and beats at the rising waters with a stick, shrieking madly as he sees his end coming. Shortly after, the rain storm stops, the waters recede, and the cave man survives. He looks at the stick, and finds "divine providence." The cave man's family sees him strike back the waters and calls him their saviour. Guess who just got his own religion? It's quite a fun read, if a bit wordy.

Oddly enough, I choose to believe in a God out there, because the alternative is an eternity of oblivion, and that sounds rather spooky. Call me a pragmatist.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

well i did i compared the bible with the link and it didnt match

Maybe it's your version of the Bible that left out dragons, mine clearly had them included.
Shenko
Shenko
1,059 posts
Treasurer

dude thats not the bible your reading its prince charming
i dont understand how every atheist has a bible with dragons and ever christian doesnt have a bible with dragons
someone is lying.....

checker702
checker702
211 posts
Nomad

yes god exist

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

i dont understand how every atheist has a bible with dragons and ever christian doesnt have a bible with dragons
someone is lying.....

Dude there are different versions of the bible, many different.. yours just appears to have no dragions mentioned, mine happened to have them mentioned. I'm not stupid, I know what I read. I believe that is true for you too, and I'm ok with that. Just be a bit more open and think of this possibility, ok?

yes god exist

Not helping. Go get some proof, until then please be quiet
Shenko
Shenko
1,059 posts
Treasurer

shenki im guessing ur atheist

Moe
Moe
1,715 posts
Blacksmith

i checked my bible with the link quotes and it was all bull****

The New Revised Standard Version has replaced the word dragon with
serpent/crocodile in most cases, but I'm sure we'd like to see the originals

Maybe you missed that part of Mage's link
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

someone is lying.....

You really need to stop acting like the first four letters of your name. You also fail for seemingly not realizing there are many versions of the Bible, especially when the link I provided make mention of this.

Maybe you missed that part of Mage's link

In some cases the word is also replaced with the word jackals.

Something to keep in mind is the word serpent and the word dragon were interchangeable in Hebrew.
http://strongsnumbers.com/hebrew/8577.htm

This is based on the belief that a lizard or serpent never stopped growing and if allowed to live for hundreds of years would eventually turn into a dragon.
Showing 76-90 of 697