Forums

ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

Forum Tool Updates

Posted May 15, '11 at 9:55pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,693 posts

Knight

I kind of like how Kong shows that this post has been deleted by a mod. If your post is deleted it should show something on that thread to only you to let you know that you had a post there (the AP will be deducted too). Though i could see this being a problem if a mod deletes a whole off topic conversation.

On Kongregate when threads are 'deleted' they aren't off the site. The Forum Moderators just edit the title to [removed] then delete the posts that are within the thread. And if you get posts removed you can see it.
This post has been removed by a Moderator or Administrator
^That's what pops up.

And I do like how you can see ten pages of your most recent posts there and other people as well.

Posted May 15, '11 at 9:56pm

Ernie15

Ernie15

12,548 posts

Knight

I don't see what reasons why they would have to look at those threads, they're deleted and not locked for a reason, because they don't even deserve to be on the site.

If a moderator needs to keep track of a spammer, for instance, they can refer to old threads made by that user so they can have a record of how many spam threads this user has made, and how long of a ban they deserve if they deserve a ban.

I kind of like how Kong shows that this post has been deleted by a mod. If your post is deleted it should show something on that thread to only you to let you know that you had a post there

That's a lot better than just having your post vanish into thin air and not knowing where it went.

Posted May 15, '11 at 10:00pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,693 posts

Knight

If a moderator needs to keep track of a spammer, for instance, they can refer to old threads made by that user so they can have a record of how many spam threads this user has made, and how long of a ban they deserve if they deserve a ban.

I suppose they could use it like that. I think they have other means of remembering a spammer, though. The Moderators probably write down their username somewhere and how many times they've spammed, or something. There must be some way they keep track of people, either that or they have great memories.

That's a lot better than just having your post vanish into thin air and not knowing where it went.

I agree with that.

Posted May 15, '11 at 10:05pm

Ernie15

Ernie15

12,548 posts

Knight

The Moderators probably write down their username somewhere and how many times they've spammed, or something. There must be some way they keep track of people, either that or they have great memories.

I'm sure they do that already, but adding this new section would make it so they wouldn't have to do that. Writing down the names of every forum spammer is much more tedious than just having it all right there in one section.

Posted May 15, '11 at 10:16pm

master565

master565

3,874 posts

I'm sure they do that already, but adding this new section would make it so they wouldn't have to do that. Writing down the names of every forum spammer is much more tedious than just having it all right there in one section.

I'm sure the system tracks people for them so they can check for multiple offenses.

Posted May 17, '11 at 7:48pm

cormyn

cormyn

2,863 posts

Knight

If a message is spam, it will be deleted, period.

As I mentioned in the other thread about moving locked threads elsewhere, we'll probably look for a forum engine that will allow us to merge threads of discussion into a single thread, perhaps notifying all participants of the thread being merged into a previous thread that their topic no longer exists as a separate thread and give them a link to the new thread.

Posted May 17, '11 at 7:50pm

cormyn

cormyn

2,863 posts

Knight

And yes, we have other tools to track user behavior.

Posted May 31, '11 at 9:30am

tool1996

tool1996

71 posts

I think its a good idea to see what forums you ''follow'' because I cant't find the forum back which I was reacting to.

Posted May 31, '11 at 4:20pm

Patrick2011

Patrick2011

3,492 posts

I like how user behavior can be tracked, especially if it is done in a way to detect spammers easily. Also, I like the idea of merging threads into a single discussion. That should hopefully reduce the clutter in the forums.

Posted Jun 6, '11 at 11:49am

Phyco

Phyco

41 posts

Right.
I often wright my comment in the box where you wright the comment and I then wonder what it will look like when I post it. So how about on top of the submit button their is a preview button which will show you a preview of what your post will look like. Armatar and all.
And also when putting in an image can we not be able to upload an image from our own PC.

Reply to Forum Tool Updates

You must be logged in to post a reply!