ForumsNews and FeedbackHonorable Member of the Month (HMoM)

20 5259
jdoggparty
jdoggparty
5,860 posts
Nomad

We could have a board on the front page of who was the most liked and respected member of the month. First the mod in charge would find nominees, and then put up a poll for a couple days. Then we would see the standings. Then it would stay there until the next month, and there could be a master list of all the polls and winners. Kind of dumb, but I got it off the idea of Player of the week.

• 20 Replies
UnlimitedDragon
UnlimitedDragon
463 posts
Nomad

i had the idea of plaer of the week but urs is good to

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

My reply is going to kinda be the same as the Player of the Week thread. It would be nice to have some mentions for certain people who deserve it; however, it shouldn't be based on polls. If statistics are going to be part of AG3's infrastructure, then this will fit alongside that perfectly. We could have HMotM in different categories (posts, merits, contributions, karma, etc.). Then, from the amount of members that received mentions from those categories, we could have a final category, named "Overall: XXXXXX" or something like that, based off the number of categories won on that month.

Based off voting alone, improvable complications could take place. Even mods have biases :S

holt24
holt24
1,133 posts
Nomad

If we were to have such a thing what if the winner was to get a reward like ap or something like that.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

Dunno. SOME reward would be nice. HMotM may require something more than just AP. It could be a rewarded extra stat category as "HMotM wins: 1". It can be a trophy that can be put on as an armatar. It can be recorded in an archive somewhere. Plenty of ideas. I say we speculate on different kinds of rewards.

CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

I like this idea. As for an prize I think a little trophy would be cool.

1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

I would go with Freak's idea. I like it. Maybe an overlay that has a trophy on your armatar will show that you are the HMotM.

locoace3
locoace3
15,053 posts
Nomad

there should also be a troll of the month (TOTM) and they have a sadface sticking a tongue at you on there profile and forum profile so you know they're trolls

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

Dunno. SOME reward would be nice. HMotM may require something more than just AP. It could be a rewarded extra stat category as "HMotM wins: 1". It can be a trophy that can be put on as an armatar. It can be recorded in an archive somewhere. Plenty of ideas. I say we speculate on different kinds of rewards.

I agree. Rewarding AP...is not a good thing for this because, it's too easy too. You can just tell your friends to pick you.
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

Maybe instead of AP reward, the MoM's could unlock a custom selection of armatars?

A few things should be added I think.

1. No one wins more than once year.

2. After a certain number of wins your name is added to a list of 'Most Honored' and you're no longer eligible for the prize.

3. There is no AP reward for this, seems it would encourage too much cheating.

I think that's about it, what do you guys thing?

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

Why a limit on the number of wins? It's purely based on statistics for that month

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

If you have the same people winning time after time everyone's going to lose interest. Personally I think is should be based more on 'rate ups' on posts/comments rather than recommendations. After all the title is Honorable Member of the Month.

locoace3
locoace3
15,053 posts
Nomad

well they should have som ething where it's a different person every time

and i still want TOTM (troll of the month)

jdoggparty
jdoggparty
5,860 posts
Nomad

I like Freak's idea the best. HMOM wins could be its own section of points. And the winner is called a Mom.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

I didn't say recommendations I said statistics XD

Supposedly, if that same person kept getting multiple categories won and getting the MotM award, then yeah, people would lose interest in it. It would be very unlikely that it would happen though. People would compete for the different categories and boost activity on the site.

coldplaya
coldplaya
355 posts
Nomad

This thread should be looked at. I think these ideas are great on paper, but may need lots of new coding and a new piece of the site could make AG3 postponed for awhile. I like the categories ideas. Rewarding AP seems like it could turn into a bad idea and may become abused if it is rewarded too much.

Showing 1-15 of 20