ForumsNews and FeedbackAG3 Calendar: November 22, 2010

249 36848
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Hey everyone, quick update on what's happening next Monday, November 22, 2010. All times are Pacific Standard Time, which is where Los Angeles, California is.

At 9am, I'll be marking all beta registrations to receive their invite codes later in the day. Any beta registrations that come in after 9am will have to wait for our week 3 release on December 6th.

We'll be rolling out some changes to the live beta site and verifying that the code works as intended and doing lots of internal testing.

In the afternoon, when we feel the code base is tested enough, we'll send a newsletter to all users who registered for the beta, even after the 9am cutoff. This newsletter will explain more about what we've been working on, what's in the new release, that sort of thing.

Once that newsletter is sent, I'll work on getting invite codes sent out to everyone who registered before 9am that day, and those users can begin helping with what we'll be calling our "open beta." The Email you'll receive with your invite code will explain what we need from you as beta testers.

It's important to note up front that several things will seem "missing" from the site, such as the forums, leaving comments, rating the games, that sort of thing. Some user profile settings may be available, but as we've already explained, changes you make on beta may get overwritten if you change your AG2 profile later.

The full details of what's going in the beta release, and what major pieces of the site are still missing will be detailed in the newsletter.

Other than questions of "what's in the release" or "what's missing from the release", are there any questions about the process or what will be happening next Monday?

• 249 Replies
SoymasterYos
SoymasterYos
971 posts
Nomad

Yeah I still havent got the code yet.

Matrix159
Matrix159
337 posts
Nomad

Me neither. I got the newsletter just waiting for the code. I will be patient though.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

I GOT THE CODE!!!!!!! im at the site YAY its cool but how do i go on my profile

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

I have gotten the code. Yay!
Now I will fulfill my duty as a beta tester!
~salutes~

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Click on My Armory at the top-left corner, and click on Profile/Privacy

SoymasterYos
SoymasterYos
971 posts
Nomad

I finally got it.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

its 7 31 pm here , im wondering which time zone do i choose?

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

You sound like Eastern Standard Time to me. How do I know? That's my time!

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

nvm i got it

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

what do the achievements mean *i have 17 of them*

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

That and your point values are just there until the newer versions of Beta come out. I'm not even sure what the achievements you can get are. A hint though would be looking to the right of the home page to see you can get game achievements......

Matrix159
Matrix159
337 posts
Nomad

WOOT! I got my code.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

[quote=Cormyn]... all 5 of you.[/quote]
[quote=Freakenstein]That's either a good thing, or there aren't very many people interested in beta testing haha[/quote]

Well, we weren't ever expecting tens of thousands of beta sign-ups, and the number of registrations has tapered off quite a bit. We also aren't continuously marketing it around the site, or we'd have way more people checking it out.

No_Stress
No_Stress
366 posts
Nomad

Got it. =)

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

I confirmed with our mail delivery company that we're having trouble sending to Yahoo ... I see maybe 60-ish Emails queued up for yahoo.com accounts as well as a few verizon.net accounts. Hopefully we can get those out quickly.

Showing 166-180 of 249