ForumsNews and FeedbackAG3 Calendar: November 22, 2010

249 36847
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Hey everyone, quick update on what's happening next Monday, November 22, 2010. All times are Pacific Standard Time, which is where Los Angeles, California is.

At 9am, I'll be marking all beta registrations to receive their invite codes later in the day. Any beta registrations that come in after 9am will have to wait for our week 3 release on December 6th.

We'll be rolling out some changes to the live beta site and verifying that the code works as intended and doing lots of internal testing.

In the afternoon, when we feel the code base is tested enough, we'll send a newsletter to all users who registered for the beta, even after the 9am cutoff. This newsletter will explain more about what we've been working on, what's in the new release, that sort of thing.

Once that newsletter is sent, I'll work on getting invite codes sent out to everyone who registered before 9am that day, and those users can begin helping with what we'll be calling our "open beta." The Email you'll receive with your invite code will explain what we need from you as beta testers.

It's important to note up front that several things will seem "missing" from the site, such as the forums, leaving comments, rating the games, that sort of thing. Some user profile settings may be available, but as we've already explained, changes you make on beta may get overwritten if you change your AG2 profile later.

The full details of what's going in the beta release, and what major pieces of the site are still missing will be detailed in the newsletter.

Other than questions of "what's in the release" or "what's missing from the release", are there any questions about the process or what will be happening next Monday?

• 249 Replies
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Yahoo messages are all pushed through. Now we're waiting for Comcast, Verizon and RoadRunner.

metaking
metaking
64 posts
Farmer

James: "dammit ian, why'd you tell everyone about my Hello Kitty credit card?"

best quote ever at the bottom of the page!

escartian
escartian
780 posts
Nomad

Yes I got the code and registered...There is nothing to do on the site yet though...games work, you can go to your profile...and that is it so far...but it all works well.

Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

I got in, if anyones wondering

Matrix159
Matrix159
337 posts
Nomad

I know this isn't the Get Satisfaction page, but the only real thing I don't like about the beta is the blown up featured games icon. I know that if you make it bigger that it will distort, but that just makes it look bad. Of course that is my opinion.

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

So far, I haven't found any bugs which is a great sign.
Congrats Efan and escartian!

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

nothing is wrong with it, ive noticed on exit path there is ABSOLUTELY NO LAG, i am going so fast (im fast but this is unbelievible)

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

and all around the site i havent noticed anything wrong

logantheking
logantheking
254 posts
Scribe

Finally got the code, stinking yahoo..
Anyway the beta site looks very nice, well done Ian and the rest of the AG team

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

and all around the site i havent noticed anything wrong

Same here. And I can't wait when there are more features put on there.
Finally got the code, stinking yahoo..

Just be happy that you got the code.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

after playing exit path for a little bit ive noticed at some levels its a little freezy, ex: cant jump as high and flow is not responding

samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

Same here. And I can't wait when there are more features put on there.

Agreed, I was attempting to click some links for a few minutes xD

I'm really excited about the new layout although I feel it gets kind of bland the farther you scroll down.
logantheking
logantheking
254 posts
Scribe

Just be happy that you got the code.

I am very glad to have gotten the code at all, it was just horrible to be sitting here while everyone else is talking about how great the site is.
Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

Congrats Efan and escartian!

Thank you
iv'e noticed on exit path there is ABSOLUTELY NO LAG

Dang, i'm there! see ya!
vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

I'm really excited about the new layout although I feel it gets kind of bland the farther you scroll down.

Well, I don't feel anything.

But I'm really waiting for the forums because on AG the forums are like my life. :0
Showing 181-195 of 249