ForumsThe TavernVeteran users?

165 25769
Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

What amount of forum posts, rank and/or points make a veteran user? Or is it post quality? Can veteran users be called veteran just from time? I'd like to hear your opinion (obviously.

• 165 Replies
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

I got 8 1/2...Asherlee is one of the earliest users but I thought she was modded much later.

BlackVortex
BlackVortex
1,360 posts
Nomad

I got 0, am i veteran now ?

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

I got fourteen. Sadly, anything before March 2008 is beyond my grasp. It's all hazy until January 2009.

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

Excuse me for the double posting. I'm befuddled right now. I probably need to eat breakfast.

[quote=Strop] I'm not sure if Firetail's around nowadays [/quote]

He's still around, albeit not on AG. I saw him on that chatroom I run yesterday.

manny6574
manny6574
922 posts
Nomad

I didn't know many of those, but Ihave been around for a long time, but mainly on the coding and art forum

samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

I got 7, good enough for me, I'll blame it on not being active in most of 2008 as well as my 8 month hiatus in 2009; well that and the lack of
WEPR questions.

1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

I got 2, some of my answers were guesses so...

Though if you do make another quiz like that Strop, make sure to make questions that involve things from this moment on.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

Then it wouldn't be about veteran members, then would it?

samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

and the other is "hur hur I bet I can destroy this site simply by posting on it".

But you don't miss that at all? Even a little bit?
skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

I didn't really add up what I got right I did fairly well though. And I was even i nthe answer to one of the questions! Good gravy i'm so popular!

hahahaha....haha....ha....I'm so lonely.

Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

Now, if the mods were only psychic and knew you were asking this, and not just happening to trip over it at random, then it perhaps could be done effectively. I wonder how that could be done. But I am sure that writing that at random in the thread at some point might attract the attention of a mod that is willing to change the title, since there is no better options left to use, like... commenting a mod asking this.</not mod>

I didn't mean that, so I posted on this thread without moderator contact. I was simply marveling at the way the conversations gone.
knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

the lack of WEPR questions.

There isn't much WEPR history, aside from the great debates and incessant flaming.

hahahaha....haha....ha....I'm so lonely.

icwatudidthar
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Does anyone know why some people were able to earn a crapload of merits? I don't see how someone could earn 141 merits now, especially since the debates ended and the awarding of game merits was erm.. changed.

1) Standards used to be much lower. Before I was a mod, anybody who could string a sentence together was given a merit, because there weren't that many of them :P

BONUS QUESTION: who was the user who had over 100 merits, then subsequently lost all respect he had on the site by making a forum thread about it?
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

BONUS QUESTION: who was the user who had over 100 merits, then subsequently lost all respect he had on the site by making a forum thread about it?

Was that nick_coolhaha?
knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

1) Standards used to be much lower. Before I was a mod, anybody who could string a sentence together was given a merit, because there weren't that many of them :

Thanks for the confirmation. It's a shame all those merits were given undeservedly. I saw some old discussion about people racing to earn merits. Funny looking back on that and the way things are now.

I say nick_coolhaha too. The only person still in my memory with over 100 merits. Probably one or two others but I can't remember that far back.
Showing 136-150 of 165