ForumsThe TavernVeteran users?

165 25764
Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

What amount of forum posts, rank and/or points make a veteran user? Or is it post quality? Can veteran users be called veteran just from time? I'd like to hear your opinion (obviously.

• 165 Replies
Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

Can't remember when I came to AG but I do know it was before the date on my profile. I use to go around and play flash games everywhere then I decided to enter some art stuff in this forum. That is why I made the account. I do remember the AG 1.0 version, it use to have flash animations and a few other things.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

I'm going to agree with Zophia on this one. Post counts and APs can be gained quickly, thus it is not an indication of 'veteranism'.

I would say, like Zophia said, it is someone who understands the workings of AG. Even the amount of time does not always matter. For instance, if a user made his/her account back in 08, but decided today to join in the forums and game comments, I would not consider them a veteran.

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Strop, how on Earth do you manage to remember so much junk? :P

Of that list, I start being able to answer at the third or fourth point and then have various holes in my memory throughout the rest because I really haven't cared to remember exactly or just didn't pay THAT much attention when it happened. If you can actually answer all those, I am a bit impressed.
(I can answer several of them exactly, but won't post any answers since it'd ruin the test of knowledge for others.)

samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

If you can actually answer all those, I am a bit impressed.

Me too, I can put together four or five answers but that's all; some of the questions are easier to answer if you actually were a moderator at some point in time :P
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

* Do you remember when the Sonny forums first appeared?

Of course! I was the first user to post there after Daniel created it. :P

* Why is Carlie inactive on the forums? Who has effectively taken her place with an official staff position at the AG office?

Pretty sure users can't answer that first question dude...
Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

Most of that stuff I never paid attention too...I remember AG had flash animations because I remeber watchin BunnyKill

Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

To me, veteran is a relative term. I don't really consider myself a veteran, but I've been here a long time and can answer more than half of Strop's questions. To me, the veterans are Strop, Knight, KingRyan, Crimsonblade and the lot. i.e. veterans are older and more knowledgeable than me.

eatmydust166
eatmydust166
926 posts
Peasant

Veteran User: Someone who helps people who are new and has been here awhile. They know more about the site than most people and are extremely active within the AG community and by rating games. I would say the more active the person is the more helpful they are to others and can assist with enforcing site rules. A veteran user should be very easy to get along with and doesn't break site rules. They also use very descriptive posting and comments to assist and help out. Overall a veteran user is someone people see alot of and is active to participate in the site community and communicate with others.

That's what I think a veteran user is.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

Ahhh, I missed what Stroppy had to say. I don't think that can be topped.

Topic kill'd.

1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

Strop, how on Earth do you manage to remember so much junk? :P

^

I could only answer about 1/4 or 1/5 of those.
Topic kill'd.

^
Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

I could intimately tell you about each of them.

samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

I could intimately tell you about each of them.

Yes, but you also joined the first month the site was running and were modded quickly if not one of the original mods...? =P
waluigi
waluigi
1,948 posts
Shepherd

What was the preferred suffix for the wannabe troll who suicided several hundred accounts over the course of several weeks? What is his real pseudonym? Bonus points if you know the url of the board he runs himself.

AAAAAAAGHHHH! It's at the tip of my tounge...
What I do remember about him...
He used a number after his suffix, like 1991 or something like that
He used the "mouse armatar"
And he caused the incident that got lieutenant banned.

Am I right?
Avorne
Avorne
3,087 posts
Nomad

I would assume that there are different degrees of veterancy (That's not a word but I'll use it). If we start out with the lowest rank of NPVC (Not Potential Veteran Candidate) - someone who posts too irregularly or with too little a degree of relevancy to become a veteran, this is a self-contained stage so to speak - no veterans come from this pool. The step up from this, and the first real potential veteran category, are the promising newbies. These are the people that have only just joined but seem to make good/coherent posts and contribute to the forum. Up from them we have the future or semi-veterans - these are the ones that have been around a while and have a medium-level postcount but none of the real depth of experience that is expected of veterans (but it's likely they'll gain that in time). Then we reach veteran level, those people who we can identify as being veterans, the ones that have been around for a while and are quite well known. At the very top we have the 'elite' or super-veterans who are known by pretty much everyone and have a full range of knowledge and experience.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

Yes, but you also joined the first month the site was running and were modded quickly if not one of the original mods..

I even played on Games of Gondor (sparingly). Carlie modded me early on that year. I was the first, that I am aware of, public user to be a moderator. At that time a few Admins were labeled as mods. In fact, I think Krin was one of them.

I believe Dank was right after me.
Showing 91-105 of 165