ForumsThe TavernVeteran users?

165 25817
Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

What amount of forum posts, rank and/or points make a veteran user? Or is it post quality? Can veteran users be called veteran just from time? I'd like to hear your opinion (obviously.

• 165 Replies
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

He's not active very much is he? I haven't seem him post.

1) Standards used to be much lower. Before I was a mod, anybody who could string a sentence together was given a merit, because there weren't that many of them :P

That's kinda...well if my reviews are like 3 paragraphs and they could have gotten a merit from just that then...wow lol
vinster132
vinster132
5,880 posts
Jester

He's not active very much is he? I haven't seem him post

I haven't either. But this is what I believe. I believe that he was pretty active back then. But not the post count you're really looking for iron prince. I think he has 1,333. But 1,000+ isn't that bad to me.
Shenko
Shenko
1,059 posts
Treasurer

can you get a merit through a forum post?

vinster132
vinster132
5,880 posts
Jester

can you get a merit through a forum post?

You cannot get a merit through a forum post. But you can by participating in the poem contests and win. That's the only way you can get a merit for the forums. You can also in games too, you know that. But it's way to hard to get one on game comments now.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

I say nick_coolhaha has the most merits he has 141 merits. That's the most I've seen someone have

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Side note: It's harder to award merits on comments these days. The main reason for this is because there's more than 10 times the users than two years ago. The second reason which comes from this is that there is a ton of spam in those comments. Several of the mods (not including myself, I must admit), are actually going through the most spammed games (including Colony, Exit Path, Sonny 2), and Cormyn's gone and wiped all the miniscule comments in one fell swoop (of which there are ridiculously many pages of). The merit system's pretty archaic and frankly inadequate for its original intended use, but as a contest award it works pretty well.

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

Cormyn's gone and wiped all the miniscule comments in one fell swoop...

I'm curious as to how that was done. I'm not talking specifics, but was it just a delete all comments less than so many characters/words type code?
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

* Do you remember when the Sonny forums first appeared?

Indeed, it was shortly after Sonny 2 was released.

That's not correct. Dec 17th, 2008 Daniel made the first post in the Sonny 2 Forum indicating that Sonny 2 would be released Dec 19th, 2008. A minute later, I asked if the game was complete, to which he replied not quite. Then Zophia made a post (after my second reply) musing that Daniel was so excited for Sonny 2's release that a whole forum was made for it and then wondered if all Sonny 2 threads should be moved there. This was the day after she became a mod. /pedanticgantic
knight_34
knight_34
13,821 posts
Farmer

I'm curious as to how that was done. I'm not talking specifics, but was it just a delete all comments less than so many characters/words type code?

That's what I assumed. It's good having an active web development team on hand.
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

That's not correct. Dec 17th, 2008 Daniel made the first post in the Sonny 2 Forum indicating that Sonny 2 would be released Dec 19th, 2008. A minute later, I asked if the game was complete, to which he replied not quite. Then Zophia made a post (after my second reply) musing that Daniel was so excited for Sonny 2's release that a whole forum was made for it and then wondered if all Sonny 2 threads should be moved there. This was the day after she became a mod. /pedanticgantic
A bit amused with your memory, mhm.

Wiping one word comments and "5/10" comments. And stuff, but basically that.
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Thanks Gantic, you might wanna inform reton8 in that case.

I really shouldn't have supplied the answer to that question in the first place, I didn't even so much as play Sonny 2 >_>
Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

Thanks Gantic, you might wanna inform reton8 in that case.

No need I saw (see) it.
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

A bit amused with your memory, mhm.

It was the last finals week when I got off for Winter after my first semester away. Not really that hard to remember. That and I was one of the first to post in a new forum. Not rally that hard to remember. And you were modded the day before. Not really that hard to remember. (*gigglefits over the last paragraph*. Don't remember the rest of your post. The first post in that thread was commenting on the interesting writing style.) Plus 6:25 PM, Wednesday, October 12, 2005 I was standing at the stove wondering if I would remember me wondering if I would remember me wondering if I would remember me wondering.... Apparently, I do.

Oh yeah, blast from the past: Who was more popular: plokkey or Strop? Too bad we'll never know because Carlie locked that thread. :P (plokkey would've won!)

You know you'd have to be from way back in '08 and remember the most random things to be considered a veteran user.... Of course, no one remembers the junk I remember because for some reason only random useless facts stick. (Do I really need what to do if I see strangers?)
leo99rules
leo99rules
2,765 posts
Nomad

Bonus question seems weird. From the thread I found it was just congratulations not.

"I DNT RESPECTORR U"

Link

Showing 151-164 of 165