Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Plagiarism and Reliable Sources

Posted May 29, '12 at 12:54am

T_Slice

T_Slice

40 posts

Well to steal an idea and take credit is something especially if u do not site where its from. I feel its sometimes harsh to punish people for copying ideas because most points of view are already covered by books and magazines so its hard to find your own opinion and to word it separate from other same opinions

Posted May 29, '12 at 1:58am

Skeleton_Pilot

Skeleton_Pilot

1,281 posts

I think the internet really has decreased plagiarism.

Very true now, but keep in mind that it was the internet that caused the spike in plagiarism in the first place!

Posted Jul 24, '12 at 11:54am

ryjo1026

ryjo1026

4 posts

I like to use noodle tools to cite sources and it organizes info too. Also most .edu, .gov sites have how to site the source at the bottom.

Posted Aug 21, '12 at 12:36am

godandd

godandd

106 posts

People need to lighten up about plagiarism. If money is not involved and you share the same view points as another person and don't want to spend time typing the exact same thing more or less, why not copy and paste it? It wouldn't technically be plagiarizing (As long as you point out you did not write it yourself)

Posted Aug 21, '12 at 3:18am

Sp0ngeB0b

Sp0ngeB0b

5 posts

Plagiarism is a easy way to get an A on a assignment. Yet, chances are you're going to get caught and if you're an adult you can get sued for a bunch of money. Probably most people have done it, but there are ways to go around plagiarism. Just read the information and put it into your own words, it's that easy! It might take longer but you'll still get a good grade (in school) and you wont get sued (adults!)

Posted Aug 26, '12 at 8:52am

Jefferysinspiration

Jefferysinspiration

3,133 posts

People need to lighten up about plagiarism. If money is not involved and you share the same view points as another person and don't want to spend time typing the exact same thing more or less, why not copy and paste it? It wouldn't technically be plagiarizing (As long as you point out you did not write it yourself)

- Asherlee

If any portion of your post has been copied from somewhere else besides your own work, then a source MUST be provided.

You can copy and paste it, just cite it.

lagiarism is a easy way to get an A on a assignment. Yet, chances are you're going to get caught and if you're an adult you can get sued for a bunch of money. Probably most people have done it, but there are ways to go around plagiarism. Just read the information and put it into your own words, it's that easy! It might take longer but you'll still get a good grade (in school) and you wont get sued (adults!)

- Hilarious.

Posted Sep 4, '12 at 9:53pm

Pharoahs

Pharoahs

6 posts

mang I never been cited for plagerism. Preatty funny how imagination can get you an A+ on papers

Posted Sep 4, '12 at 9:55pm

Pharoahs

Pharoahs

6 posts

and I concur that internet has indeed played a big role in plagerism. Without the internet, the local liibrary would probably be packed to the max.

Posted Nov 2, '12 at 9:14pm

dr_doughnut

dr_doughnut

72 posts

Plagiarism is one thing I cannot stand. I hate when people copy and paste entries on websites and do not cite it. Most teachers can see when something is plagiarized. People are too lazy to write something and too lazy to just cite things.

Posted Nov 9, '12 at 7:16am

shock457

shock457

470 posts

For some reason, my English Teacher explains that Google is not reliable. She says that Google sorts out information by popularity. If you think about that is true.

Not even Wikipedia is reliable for obvious reasons.

Only good reliable sources are primary sources such as, books, newspapers, objects. Even son websites will be relliable (Government databases). Those are some of the most reliable sources you can ever use.

Reply to Plagiarism and Reliable Sources

You must be logged in to post a reply!