ForumsGames[vs] Favourite GAME/CONSOLE of all time

839 359361
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Use this thread to express your opinions on different games.
You can list games any way you want, adding factors like console, series or genre to your post.
However, please be sure to add a reason for your choices instead of just spamming up names.

Ex:

Legend of Zelda: I like -game- best, because it is...
CoD: I really enjoy -game-, as...
Xbox: I think the best game for this is -

and so on.
  • 839 Replies
thexbean
thexbean
2 posts
Nomad

Final Fantasy 7/9 on Playstation 1 will always be my favorite games / series / console. Still to this day will I pop one of them in a replay the game all over again. Waiting for FFX HD.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,779 posts
Chamberlain

and i just burst out laughing
not the most realistic game, not even the most realistic FPS that would go to america's army

~manly man
brookelind2000
brookelind2000
1 posts
Nomad

For online gaming, this may sound stupid... but I LOVE: using boxmen. It's such a fun and cute game . I also like Exit Path 'cause it's awesome.

CheapCheep
CheapCheep
240 posts
Nomad

Zelda! Instead of other games where the objective requires you to mindlessly go around killing people or going right the whole darn time with a jump here and there, The Legend of Zelda requires you to think about what you will do. Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of games out there that require you to stop and think. And i'll probably get disagreements from people like "Sonic is better!" or "CoD requires you to think too!" but keep in mind, this is just my opinion. I love every puzzle in The Legend of Zelda games because you cant just guess and check a code until you get it right. It requires you to think back, maybe look around a little bit more, etc. Plus, some Zelda games even have an option at the end or as a sequel to a Zelda game. Example: Ocarina of Time: Master Quest, or Skyward Sword: Hero Mode where you lose hearts (a.k.a. life) twice as fast.

Chances are, you wont beat the game within' a day unless you play non-stop and you are hardcore. Are their games from the Zelda series that I wish were never made, yeah! (I'm talking to you Legend of Zelda CD-I...) But the majority of the games bring that connection between you, and the main character. Or, like in Majoras Mask, you feel a connection between almost everyone you meet! And while some people complain that the graphics are to...cartoony, I personally like how every game has a diffrent style. And I feel relieved after I beat a Zelda game. It's not like I beat it and I just sigh and take a nap as the credits roll. Zelda keeps you on edge until the very end...even after the credits.

Anyway, I am just expressing my opinion, this sin't meant to change anyone else's, but if you can get your hands on a Zelda game, and you've never played before (I'd reccomend The Ocarina of Time, made way back then but brought a new meaning to graphics at the time) try and play it. If you end up liking it, find another game from Zelda, or maybe try the Master Quest.

- CheapCheep

AustinBB410
AustinBB410
35 posts
Nomad

Sonic adventure 2 for dreamcast/gamecube, and the fallout series for ps3 and xbox, and MAG for ps3

De1ta
De1ta
10 posts
Peasant

Elder Scrolls, Mass Effect, and Civilization are some good series.
But single games would be Endless Space, Spore, Sins of a Solar Empire (maybe).

Giljagaur
Giljagaur
4 posts
Nomad

I would say my top 3 are the Kingdom Hearts series, the Legend of Zelda series and the God of War series :P

ipawnurmum
ipawnurmum
3 posts
Nomad

i love halo and am stoked about halo 4 coming out, even though bungie isnt making it. im excited about black ops 2, as i am a massive cod fan. but i can play zombie games for hours! left for dead 2 is one of my favourite zombie games, along with dead rising and dead island.

Raffy453
Raffy453
21 posts
Peasant

my favorite video game would have to be super smash bros. brawl for the wii cuz it jams all your favorite characters from all the best video games and i heard its coming out for the nintendo 3ds

Chock61
Chock61
69 posts
Nomad

Halo is the best game In all of the gaming history.
it has the best story,The best characters and the best multiplayer.

Omniscently
Omniscently
15 posts
Nomad

The Best game of all time is Skyrim, Immense world stuffed with varied tasks to perform,Dragon battles are a blast, Lovely art design capped by some beautiful, atmospheric touches, Enjoyable battles that you can approach in a variety of ways, Lots of compelling, self-contained stories to experience in addition to the main one. But like any RPG it does have its bugs, which may or may not ruin quests and render them broken, but Bethesda has fixed the "big ones" so to speak, and with the release of dawnguard, it blew me away...I don't know if you ever played oblivion, but it was also amazing, and the expansion pack they realesed called Shivering Isles, is one of the best expansion pack ever and Dawnguard in my opinion, was even better, it has an amazing questline, that kept me hooked for 5 days straight. Skyrim is the best game of all time because, it doesn't get "boring" or "old" there is always something to do.

Me + Sktirm Forever

Omniscently
Omniscently
15 posts
Nomad

The Best game of all time is Skyrim, Immense world stuffed with varied tasks to perform,Dragon battles are a blast, Lovely art design capped by some beautiful, atmospheric touches, Enjoyable battles that you can approach in a variety of ways, Lots of compelling, self-contained stories to experience in addition to the main one. But like any RPG it does have its bugs, which may or may not ruin quests and render them broken, but Bethesda has fixed the "big ones" so to speak, and with the release of dawnguard, it blew me away...I don't know if you ever played oblivion, but it was also amazing, and the expansion pack they realesed called Shivering Isles, is one of the best expansion pack ever and Dawnguard in my opinion, was even better, it has an amazing questline, that kept me hooked for 5 days straight. Skyrim is the best game of all time because, it doesn't get "boring" or "old" there is always something to do.

Me + Skyirm Forever

DivergentRebel
DivergentRebel
6 posts
Nomad

Best game ever for handheld, Pokemon. There is NO arguing with that. For console, definitely Skyrim. There is so much to do and explore, you'll never run out of things to do.

rabadon
rabadon
3 posts
Nomad

Ocarina of Time is said to be one of the greatest games of all time, and I greatly agree with that statement

ChillzMaster
ChillzMaster
1,435 posts
Nomad

So I'm going to actually start a coherent competition in this thread!

Alright, so what's going to tank first, ladies and gentlement;

Dead Space, or Assassin's Creed?

-Chillz

Showing 616-630 of 839