ForumsGamesGemCraft Labyrinth: General Discussion

1151 500439
slogsdon
slogsdon
28 posts
Nomad

It's finally here!

http://armorgames.com/play/10317/gemcraft-labyrinth

I'm loving it so far. The map is much better than the previous games, and I love all the new battle options.

• 1,151 Replies
NdM
NdM
32 posts
Scribe

2 q

1]

NdM
NdM
32 posts
Scribe

my bad, delete the other post

i've a question regarding 2 amulets

1st summon 300-900, i summoned 300 in a row and i didnt got the amulet

and 2nd how to unlock A1 and M13

jimmie123
jimmie123
121 posts
Nomad

I've read several references to a "wild gem". What is this and where do I find it? Or is it only available in the premium edition?

vesperbot
vesperbot
955 posts
Nomad

wild gem is a skill available at level 42, it gives you a gem at the start of any level, a minor (major if maxed) boost at initial firepower, sometimes it's as strong as R/O/L, sometimes it's something fairly weak like B/G/O or stuff. Still, even it has no value, you can gembomb it against your gem anvil ('X' key) and get a major boost to current mana, which you can use to create initial defence.

Michan666
Michan666
41 posts
Nomad

I love the wild gem skill <3

either it gives you a really good gem (as vesperbot mentioned, r/o/l or r/l/y) or it gives you a lot of mana for "selling" the gem, so you can buy another gemtype or something.

jimmie123
jimmie123
121 posts
Nomad

Thanks for the wild gem answer . One other question regarding the amplifiers...I know that the higher quality of gem that's placed in an amplifier increases it's effect. But..does what color of gem placed in one have anything to do with it's strength (for example, would it be better to put a red gem in as opposed to a say, green one)?? BTW, things are starting to get a little easier, lol. I've just been grinding away...

Dragonmaster0283
Dragonmaster0283
17 posts
Nomad

IF the color of the amplified gem is the same as the gem color in the amplifier, the special effect is also boosted. Just for example, A grade 3 red gem in an amplifier will increase all amplified gems stats as well as any red gem types by say 3% to their special.

vesperbot
vesperbot
955 posts
Nomad

people say specials rate transfer is 18% at 100% amplification and 0 points in amplifier skill. So if you want to just up damage and firing speed, any gem will do, but if you want upping specials, use gems of either of the colors on the tower gem.

Also I expect the wild gem skill is a little bugged, its cost seems to be calculated with the base of 77, so if you have forge maxed, you don't lose mana for recombining the wild gem should you want, and if oyu have gem anvil boost skill you gain even more. So this means it's almost always better to wreck the wild gem for mana, unlock whatever you want and set up a formidable defence instead of keeping it for its damage. This is also because of an overnerfed (IMO) supergemming, when you supergem, that gem loses specials but at least does not lose damage. So if you have R and L available (there's a level with both) and have there a R/O/L supergem, you wreck it and recreate (opening O), it will have better specials but less damage.

Cirno
Cirno
31 posts
Peasant

http://i53.tinypic.com/vwyk5v.png

Shadow clash isn't giving me my multiplier. Any explanation for this?

Purplez
Purplez
1 posts
Nomad

Awesome game.. it's taking ages and its so frustrating to die so close to the end.. soooo many times x

vesperbot
vesperbot
955 posts
Nomad

Cirno, this is a bug and has been reported to GiaB already. It will likely be fixed in 1.03.

Purplez, don't overanger and you should plan ahead a little, and you should be prepared for tomb raids, since there are monsters inside.

Kusic
Kusic
184 posts
Peasant

It's great game, i'm playing it right now, and i'm impresed !

Brhino
Brhino
1 posts
Shepherd

It is possible to get a level 12 gem without the premium edition. I did it on D4 which is a pylon level so if you stay away from the pylon until the end you can effectively get unlimited waves, plus there's 54,000 mana in shards so that gets you off to a good start. Even still, by around wave 100 I was losing, so I started summoning waves nonstop. The mana I got for this was enough to make a level 12 gem and pay the summoning costs for all the monsters I wasn't killing long enough to charge the pylon.

JohnnyDooDaa
JohnnyDooDaa
8 posts
Nomad

***might be a bit of a spoiler for some in terms of strategy***

Just 19 fields left. I was stuck for a couple of days on the third Crafting Pylon, but as soon as I figured out the sheer power of Y/L it's been pretty much plain sailing, apart from a few over-ambitious errors on my part trying to squeeze every last summon/amulet out of each round.

Well, it's Y/L all the way (no traps, simply no other colours needed so just max out the respective colour skills, focus, dual mastery and the higher level range/power skills), and for endurance I've been building a Level 4 yellow, a Level 3 lime and a Level 3 orange, combining and just 'D'ing over and over, with sometimes a 'king' tower surrounded completely by Enhancers. You get unbelievable firepower.

I'm currently level 81 and plan to rush through the remaining unexplored levels before hammering the 'gift' levels (ie, long, drawn out single paths) in an effort to snatch every amulet available (especially with shadow clash).

In terms of the corner fields, I know A13 is through killing 12 apparitions; M1 through C11; and M13 through K9. Does anyone know how to obtain A1?

Gwynne
Gwynne
1 posts
Nomad

R/Y/L with the triple gem skill maxed is a lethal combination. Add in a long line of O/L traps, and you are set.

Showing 241-255 of 1151