ForumsGamesGemCraft Labyrinth: General Discussion

1151 500617
slogsdon
slogsdon
28 posts
Nomad

It's finally here!

http://armorgames.com/play/10317/gemcraft-labyrinth

I'm loving it so far. The map is much better than the previous games, and I love all the new battle options.

• 1,151 Replies
swissboy1302
swissboy1302
1 posts
Nomad

Hi,

I do not understand how it creates more than 1million xp!
I have a premium account and am LvL166.
My highest wave was ~ 180 (everything normal on without additional).
My highest score was ~ 60,000.

I turn at the beginning Lime / Yellow / Orange.
Then a tower and around Amplifiers.

AAA
ATA
AAA

Now and then I increase the Manapool.
I have never managed to continue to the highest gem,i 'd been dead before.
On youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=In6TfOj857Q) make the Gems damage than 1million.
My Tower cause only 15k+ damage. Where's the trick?
How do you manage so many waves and as much XP?

how you have done it on LvL500 and on what field?

Cirno
Cirno
31 posts
Peasant

I've been past level 500 on a few fields. it doesn't really matter which one, though mana shards help.

I use quadruple monster count/tenfold HP/swarm monsters only/unlimited waves, and all of the checkboxes on the right selected *except* monsters get tougher faster.

Lime/Yellow/Red adds up fast. Also, you'll want it in a trap, not a tower, so the trap specials increase more. In a tower, your gem is 10k damage, 20x multiplier, hits 10 targets, 50% of kills go to damage.
In a trap, it's 5k damage, 42x multiplier, hits 21 targets, 105% of kills go to damage.

Swarm adds up the kills fast, so the red aspect picks up a lot of damage on the gem.

I set up an orange mana farm near the entrance (6 traps, 12 amplifiers, all pure orange). There's probably a better way to do it, but this has been working for me. Then it will get to your buzzsaw and die on it.

vesperbot
vesperbot
955 posts
Nomad

swissboy, use lime/orange along with your killer L/Y/O, several traps along the path should give a ton of early mana output, and upgrade them at the same pace as you upgrade your killer gem, they might be 2-4 grades smaller than your biggest gem. Use more traps, an L/Y performs twice as better in a trap than in a tower - but surely max the traps skill. At first you will have to use towers, but later on you can shift to traps entirely.

Olddeath22
Olddeath22
33 posts
Nomad

What is the best combination of gems? Red and Orange?

fractalman
fractalman
636 posts
Nomad

definitely not red/orange duals. More like red on it's own, red/lime, yellow/lime, orange/lime, red/lime/orange, and red/lime/yellow.

red, and red/lime, will get you through most of the maps.

ladybenz
ladybenz
4 posts
Peasant

@JohnnyDooDaa, I believe A1 is unlocked with the challenge amulet on L9--I forgot exactly where I unlocked it, but I think that was it.

GhostikCZ
GhostikCZ
5 posts
Farmer

summoning over 900 or so monsters gives me only x0.01 summon multiplier (which is pretty bad, cause it lowers my XP to 144 xD) any ideas ?

GhostikCZ
GhostikCZ
5 posts
Farmer

to clarify things.. what im doing is that i go to a pylon round (D10 e.g.) and deal my pylon a 9,999 dmg... then i remove the gem and try to summon as much monsters as possible, with achievings other amulets.. when monsters are almost near my orb, i finish the pylon and im good.. i managed to do this once (on pylon round 2 i got 290k+ exp wtich 1k monsters summoned), but from then on, my summon multiplier raises up to 0.01 and im done.. (with roughly 400 monsters summoned it still works, but its kinda time consuming figuring out where it stops working and starts messing my multipliers)

vesperbot
vesperbot
955 posts
Nomad

you have underkilled, this seems to be a pylon level, you have to kill at least 1+amount of monsters summoned, in order to have the multiplier above 1. You could actually receive negative exp off that level :P

GhostikCZ
GhostikCZ
5 posts
Farmer

****n.. thank you, this will sure solve the problem

GhostikCZ
GhostikCZ
5 posts
Farmer

@vesperbot: last question what exactly means "1+amount of monsters summoned".. give me an example please, im confused now, sorry

vesperbot
vesperbot
955 posts
Nomad

here:
http://img828.imageshack.us/img828/9324/gcll.png
this is a correct employment of summon multiplier on a pylon level. Note: "Monsters summoned" stat is 1 less than "Monsters killed" stat. You have killed less than summoned, so you have hit a wall of overzealousness. So, while you have summoned less than you have already killed, you're good.

GhostikCZ
GhostikCZ
5 posts
Farmer

thank you so much )

Aedora
Aedora
2 posts
Blacksmith

Anyone else having a problem unlocking gems with this latest patch? Suddenly, I can't unlock different gems. When I click - nothing happens.

Aedora
Aedora
2 posts
Blacksmith

LOL - nvm I was being noobtarded. Didn't read the recent patch notes :P Gotta hold shift.

Showing 256-270 of 1151