ForumsGamesGemCraft Labyrinth: General Discussion

1151 500477
slogsdon
slogsdon
28 posts
Nomad

It's finally here!

http://armorgames.com/play/10317/gemcraft-labyrinth

I'm loving it so far. The map is much better than the previous games, and I love all the new battle options.

• 1,151 Replies
lm5678
lm5678
37 posts
Peasant

whats the fastest way to set up a good mana trap?

Gremlion
Gremlion
522 posts
Blacksmith

Angering with high replenish.
Mana trap useless until 10-12 grade.

minicop
minicop
2 posts
Nomad

I understand that replenish and resonance are very important. I want to mana farm and have read about it. I have traps, triple gem, lime, yellow, orange,amps, construction, recharge, wild gem, and ritual all maxed. I have resonance at level 160 and replenish at 124. Is my Resonance/replenish ratio wrong? I'm level 534. Also, What should I have checked on multipliers other than endurance so that I can get these millions of XP scores? Thanks.

Gremlion
Gremlion
522 posts
Blacksmith

Based on your preferences.
a)You can start with maxing exp on pylons (it's easiest way - you don't need to meet hp-cap). J10-18kk, J4-31kk, G7-50kk
You need high resonance to obtain 2k uncombined kills amulet as fast as possible(hardest amulet on these maps). Tip - trap with strong amplifiers around it(Once i finished with 7 grade gem in trap and 14 grade gems in amplifiers).
b)You can start to make hardest-settings endurances on low-exp fields(around G13). Very time-consuming(up to 2-3hours per map), overall 14-17kk per map.
Possible even without resonance(600 hp for 4-giants tenfold wave. Lol)
c)Sandbox. Endurance, giants, quadruple, with low hp/without hp boost on high-exp fields(2500+), and without Waves getting tougher faster. Possible to finish way faster than b) due to low hp cap. Exp yield ~20-25kk per map.

minicop
minicop
2 posts
Nomad

Thank you.

UgAhgItHurts
UgAhgItHurts
259 posts
Peasant

It isn't that horrible to toss down traps earlier. I start them at grade 6 whenever I have enough mana to throw that out (kill gem > 9, mana pool costs about that much, how annoying it is to get the shrine kills...) They aren't spectacular, but better than useless

Focus is important for low skill point endurance. Having to mana-pool 8k times instead of 4k or 6k is a hugely annoying. See 22nd or 23rd post here.

hoffmeister
hoffmeister
5 posts
Nomad

This is how you do it!

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/4986/tempdelete.jpg

Nemenemenes
Nemenemenes
24 posts
Shepherd

Hi Gemcrafters,

Firstly, I want to mention that Gemcraft is my favorite browser game. But after beating Endurance mode a couple of times, the game got pretty boring for me. Because it is like doing the same thing every time. Setup the mana farm, crate a high grade gem surrounded by amplifiers, bomb the waves and wait for the mana pool to grow so that you can upgrade gems. I am about level 850 right now and it takes more than 5 hours to beat an endurance level. I know it will be shorter as I level up but it is not worth it in my opinion.

I hope Peter designs the next game in such a way that it will force players to create different strategies for each level. Because in GC Labyrinth, you can beat every level doing the same thing: mana farm + high grade gem.

Gremlion
Gremlion
522 posts
Blacksmith

You can beat almost any "strategic" game by accumulating resources and upgrading your units.

I can say that you spend too much time on endurance.Maybe you tried to gembomb EACH wave? You don't need, exp based on "waves beaten". Average endurance need ~1-1,5 hours and ~30-40 mins of attention.

RyanM561
RyanM561
3 posts
Nomad

What is the highest experience level that can be reached without cheating? Assuming you beat all levels on the highest settings (including endurance), achieved all possible amulets outside of the levels and inside each level, etc. etc. etc.

Nemenemenes
Nemenemenes
24 posts
Shepherd

@Gremlion: I know the exp is not related to summoning. I gembomb the first 130 or so waves 4-5 times so that I can improve my mana pool and it takes too long at my level. Once I get grade 29 L/Y gem I call all the waves and the rest is done in about 10-15 minutes. My last run was faster than the previous run and I know it will be faster in the next run. I guess, my runs will be around 1-1,5 hours as well when I get to level 3000 or so. It is all about skill points.

Gremlion
Gremlion
522 posts
Blacksmith

What is the highest experience level that can be reached without cheating? Assuming you beat all levels on the highest settings (including endurance), achieved all possible amulets outside of the levels and inside each level, etc. etc. etc.

Around 17000-18000. ~21 thrln exp summary afaik.
At 9000+ one level already need more than 1,5mln exp.
@Gremlion: I know the exp is not related to summoning. I gembomb the first 130 or so waves 4-5 times so that I can improve my mana pool and it takes too long at my level. Once I get grade 29 L/Y gem I call all the waves and the rest is done in about 10-15 minutes.

There it is. You underestimate your trap. After setting decent manafarm i summon ~1000 monsters per wave with duplicated gems.
my video with some tips.
Disregard gem building strategy. Now i know better one.
Nemenemenes
Nemenemenes
24 posts
Shepherd

I am stuck. I was close to the end of the Endurance run (after about 3 hours) and I opened Options window and now I cannot go back when I click "Continue Playing". This is the first time this happens. Any ideas how I can go back?

@Gremlion: I will try your strategy in my next try, thanks. Do you have a better gem building strategy than the one in the video?

Ledrias
Ledrias
101 posts
Peasant

Best for Grade 8:
1. Grade 2 Dual L/Y
2. Duplicate
3. Make Grade 2 L and Grade 2 Y
4. Combine One Dual with the L and one dual with the Y. (2 G3's now)
5. Combine
6. Repeat 2-5 (Except you will make 4's and 6's.

For Grade 7 it is the same as Grade 8, but once you get your grade six, upgrade it instead of duplicate. Or if you want to take less time do the one in the video, but every other gem is the other color.
YL
LY
YL
LY
YL
xx
Like that.

hoffmeister
hoffmeister
5 posts
Nomad

@ademmeda

go here download "Flash Player 10.3 Projector"

then download this file and open it using the flash player.

I have a Question... Why is Y/O/L better than C/L/O ??

Showing 1051-1065 of 1151