ForumsGamesGemCraft Labyrinth: General Discussion

1151 500383
slogsdon
slogsdon
28 posts
Nomad

It's finally here!

http://armorgames.com/play/10317/gemcraft-labyrinth

I'm loving it so far. The map is much better than the previous games, and I love all the new battle options.

• 1,151 Replies
Ledrias
Ledrias
101 posts
Peasant

That made me laugh quite a bit... Anger to what you can handle. 'nuff said.

Gremlion
Gremlion
522 posts
Blacksmith

First post. With tip. Very honorable initiative though.

Ledrias
Ledrias
101 posts
Peasant

No, it wasn't at him... it was just quite random but I see your point.

Twonko
Twonko
1 posts
Nomad

No challenge amulets here either. Worked like hell to get two of them and nothing. Guess I can go out now.

visitlegend
visitlegend
398 posts
Nomad

I really like the game cuz.
You could Mix gems while defending a circle :P.
But no the game is a great game.

-Legend

PuzzleMage
PuzzleMage
12 posts
Shepherd

August 18th - I've been playing this game fine until today, now when it loads, it gives me the "Play" button, and when I click it, the screen goes black and ... that's it. It's still black. I downloaded the newest flash player in case something had changed, but it didn't help.

Anyone else having trouble playing the game today? Did an upgrade go through and have some bug?

zekrom1
zekrom1
60 posts
Peasant

I need some help. I do not have premium and have maxed out experience at 1110.7 on the first, third, and fourth pylons, but am having an absolutely terrible time trying to do it on the second pylon. The auto-angering at wave 20 is annoying but not debilitating, so I do not know what the problem is. Any tips, or do I just need to keep trying? The starting gem colors are terrible, but they also are on the fourth pylon, so that is not the problem either. Currently wizard level 378.

bschnauzer7
bschnauzer7
290 posts
Scribe

August 18th - I've been playing this game fine until today, now when it loads, it gives me the "Play" button, and when I click it, the screen goes black and ... that's it. It's still black. I downloaded the newest flash player in case something had changed, but it didn't help.

It might be your computer itself that is causing the problem. That's what happened to me one time. If not, you could try on a different website (if that game is on one) just in case.
virusavatar
virusavatar
3 posts
Nomad

Hi all! Could someone explain something to me? I'm a gemcraft noob... I just spent the better part of 3 hours playing field D10 with all non-premium max features except for higher armour and faster monsters.

Now, I have done this strategy before on other maps and it's worked perfectly, getting me 4-6 levels if I do it right. I use lime-red into lime-red-yellow and upgrade the trap amps frequently, adding in a lime-orange + amps if I can afford it to get some extra mana. Normally I can get up to 30-40x the base mana of the field if I try, so I know I did it right.

I didn't start angering until around wave 30 because I'm at level 230 so I don't have much skill points at my disposal. I tried to do pylon leveling on D10, I did up to wave 100 before I accidentally over-angered (computer was getting laggy, too many clicks) and had to abort and craft the pylon. I got every single battle amulet except kill 60 monsters with shrines. I angered optimally about roughly 62 of the 70 waves I played for (I did calculations for max dmg).

I got a mana slide going and I got up to 1 million mana. Was feeling pretty good until I over angered, but whatever, I figured that should net me around 50 levels at least.

I tried this once before based on a youtube video but I wasted 3 hours not angering and I quit gemcraft for months because I thought it was a waste of time to give me 4k mana for 3 hours of my life. I made sure I angered as conscientiously as possible this time.

The fruitage of my hard work?

http://imgur.com/LAc5F

I think that's a lot of work (not a scratch compared to some people who have better computers, mine lags at 1.8k monsters, but I think what I did was decent. I spammed traps/shrines/towers/amps to build amulet count.

http://i.imgur.com/jK5da.jpg

WTF???

Someone please explain how summon multipliers work and more importantly, how I summoned 18.8K monsters, killed 18.7k of them and yet have a summon multiplier of 0.00

Please/Thank you.

virusavatar
virusavatar
3 posts
Nomad

Bad link for first pic, here it is:

http://i.imgur.com/LAc5F.jpg

ifju
ifju
91 posts
Shepherd

You summoned more than killed, this is instant x1.00.
You crafted the pylons before having more killed than summoned, which means a kind of impossible situation (cheat).
Killed must be less than summoned.
The highest multiplier comes when Killed = Summoned+1.
But it will never be higher than x50.00 (and that requires ~1610 kills and 1609 summoned) since the 1.12 patch.

Summon Multiplier = ( Killed / (Killed-Summoned) ) ^ 0.53

enfance
enfance
15 posts
Nomad

i have read somewhere that we can break the 50x multiplier cap. how can we do it again?

ifju
ifju
91 posts
Shepherd

you can break x50.00 on normal (not Pylon) stages, but it needs tremendous summoning numbers (fewthousands/wave without Endurance!).

enfance
enfance
15 posts
Nomad

ah thats too bad. i dont wanna go back to 1.10 coz upgrading a full map of gems without "U" is just a pain.

virusavatar
virusavatar
3 posts
Nomad

Thanks ifju... I wont be playing gemcraft anymore, that pissed me off so much so i just give up.

Showing 1081-1095 of 1151