ForumsWEPRWhat's with the Gas Prices?!

172 29444
Beast_all_games
Beast_all_games
64 posts
Nomad

Well I know most of us are children right now, playing on this website, but as we get older the gas prices tend to increase. I don't even want to think about how much gas is gonna be when I turn 20!

• 172 Replies
justgotpwned
justgotpwned
1,166 posts
Peasant

I'm 11 years old and i care about gas prices. The leader in the President of something to do with the gas said that gas prices will stay modertely close to what it is now in 2015 he said it would be about $4.50 so from that i don't think it wil increase much because we have enough gas on earth to last us a hundred more years but that is not generally good since gas is so harmful to the atmosphere. So in a hundred years i hope that we have came up with a new product or cars are only electric or they run off omething that is not harmful to the atmosphere

cowdude5055
cowdude5055
106 posts
Peasant

Democrats in congress halted drilling. Bush finally did a very really awesome good thing and put heat on them and passed more drilling. IF u look at quicktrip gas prices u will see that they are going down steadily by a few cents each week....

SuperzMcShort
SuperzMcShort
325 posts
Nomad

But that has nothing to do with the drilling. The drilling that they opened recently, and could potentially open in the future produces no oil for the next several years if things go really well and quick. It's just a coincidence that they happened to coincide.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

SuperzMcShort is right.Anything going on now that has to do with drilling will not effect us for another 10 years.Its useless to blame anything on that.If they decide to use offshore drilling then it will both take several years to take effect, and will only make due for temporary relief of the prices.My point is I'm glad prices are slimming down, but that doesn't mean its going to continue to.Even then drilling for oil in new places is not going to help either.To tell you the truth the only thing I think we can do now is see if we can find an alternative, and if not start coming up with other ideas.Maybe someone could invent a revolutionary bike that ran only on battery power and if it runs out you could have a Manuel back up power as well(AKA peddling)and it would be even better if you didn't have to balance your self the whole time so you could do other things.This is one idea.Others are to make cars that run on something like hydrogen, or ones that run efficiently on bio-diesel or something like that.Even then there are alot of other things in our world that run on oil, and gasoline that would also need fixing.If you haven't notice by now we depend on oil so much that if it were to run out our whole country could go into a chaotic state of confusion, and it could lead to war with other countries.(this is actually a theory that came from a video game surprisingly)Right now though I won't be able to drive my car to school like I planned because it would be a waste of gas and we can't afford it.So I'm going to be stuck driving the bus with a bunch of 9th graders for probably the next 3 years, because of this whole mess.I think just about everyone is having issues with this gas problem except the ones making a profit from it.

TotalReview
TotalReview
803 posts
Shepherd

President of something to do with the gas said that gas prices will stay modertely close to what it is now in 2015 he said it would be about $4.50

Why would you believe a gas tycoon? Gas prices have risen over $1 in just the past year so I doubt they will be at $4.50 in 2015.

we have enough gas on earth to last us a hundred more years

With birth rates and demand for oil, I doubt that. Unless prices rise very high, demand will still be going up very much.

But that has nothing to do with the drilling.

Yup. It is just the price per barrel of oil that the Arabs charge us. If the price per barrel goes up, shockingly the gas prices go up.
parkermb68
parkermb68
323 posts
Nomad

It's like I said, they are not just raising them because they can, because they have to. It's protesters, and with the amendments and everything there is nothing they can do... Not until we find a renewable, easy to get, cheap, easy to find alternative. And water... Easy to get, easy to find, not cheap anymore to get a gallon of water... Personally I don't use Hybrids and mini-cars and electric cars, Hybrids are too expensive, nothing we can do yet. The dollar has lost it's value Gentlemen.

darkd00m
darkd00m
505 posts
Nomad

dang, dude your right, but us 16 under kids shouldnt worry about that now, i mean... were kids, we cant drive yet, but when the time comes to get your own car and fill it up... ouch

Showing 166-172 of 172