ForumsWEPRWhat's with the Gas Prices?!

172 29440
Beast_all_games
Beast_all_games
64 posts
Nomad

Well I know most of us are children right now, playing on this website, but as we get older the gas prices tend to increase. I don't even want to think about how much gas is gonna be when I turn 20!

• 172 Replies
parkermb68
parkermb68
323 posts
Nomad

It's because people who go over board with the earth are stopping them to get oil in some places and some people are just lazy and will not get it. It's all down in Texas and Alaska right now. They're all these places... Talk to an oil company.

kielzanie
kielzanie
473 posts
Nomad

yeah, its because of the stupid war. some people dont believe it but its true. soon the US is going to fall if we dont do something. its just like Rome. once the greatest nation in the world, then falls because of small things going inside the nation. history will repeat itself. we still need to do something and pray to god that the economy falls starting with gas prices.

InYourEye
InYourEye
9 posts
Nomad

im worried bout the prices too.. im to lazy to work! :P

GreatZulu638
GreatZulu638
279 posts
Nomad

well oil just went up im pretty sure so they are probably going to jump again..

Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

1st oil and gas are two different things
2nd the corn in gas (ethonal) isn't helping either.

UnknownShadow
UnknownShadow
132 posts
Blacksmith

Gas prices aren't exactly overpriced to some of you who are thinking that. It is just at the highest considerable price that its consumers are willing to pay for including the countries that we ship our oil and gasoline to overseas. Someone once told me that, and they were right.

gman1000
gman1000
977 posts
Nomad

It is time... Time to drill is Alaska! Woo-hoo!

snowman1474
snowman1474
225 posts
Peasant

this is a very serious PROBLEM. Ever since Bush came into presidency, the gas prices have sky rocketed. I'm only, and have a permit.. and where I live gas is 4.30 a gallon! it takes about 80 dollars to fill the gas tank. Now what will it be when I'm 40!? 6,7,8 dollars!?! I think we need to invest in alternative energys. I've been saying for years now that we should convert to hydrogen. Because the by product of hydrogen is only water. And you use water to extract hydrogen... and whats left over(oxygen) the producers can sell to hospitals, or diving places. It works perfectly... despite the very explosive properties of hydrogen, it's still great. I mean were using internal combustion engines so why note use a more combustible fuel? it will be more efficient and powerful. So thats what I think about the fuel crisis.

Have a nice day

~Snowman1474

FalcoKnight
FalcoKnight
37 posts
Nomad

where i live it 5 dollor a gallon.But its possible people will start to ride bike and not look like poor idiots,but there are still hybrids.

GreatZulu638
GreatZulu638
279 posts
Nomad

but who would ride a bike when they can drive? most people are too lazy for that..

napolian654321
napolian654321
922 posts
Nomad

I think to stop these gas prices they need to drill more. In Montana but the government won't allow it. I also think the next president should invest into making a hydrogen engine, and they need to stop using corn ethenal for gas because that is what's bringing up the food prices.

TotalReview
TotalReview
803 posts
Shepherd

I think to stop these gas prices they need to drill more.

That would solve nothing. The demand for oil will still go up. Actually, the price for a barrel of oil has gone down a bit recently but gas prices are still standing over $4.00 a gallon.

I also think the next president should invest into making a hydrogen engine, and they need to stop using corn ethenal for gas because that is what's bringing up the food prices.

It is going to take a big punch at the economy for us to change the cars into an alternative fuel. That could possibly be why we are not doing it right now. I mean the economy is in poor shape and I feel it especially since I live in Michigan. Ethanol would mainly bring up corn prices.
Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

This is such an old annoying topic. I think that everyone was glad when it died down.

Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

It is Ethonal >

I hate everything to do with Ethonal
1. It's less fuel efficient
2. Makes food prices rise
3. Is counted as something not needed and check your engine signal flashes in car
4. Makes gas prices rise
5. Makes your car less fuel-efficient

The only thing I can think of that it's good for is keeping the farmers able to buy gas for their tractors and keeping the environmentalists happy.

TotalReview
TotalReview
803 posts
Shepherd

It is Ethonal >

Check Microsoft Word, sweet cheeks. It is spelled ethanol.

Basically, corn is not a renewable resource so it would not be any different from oil. Sure, it's eco-friendly but there are other renewable alternatives that are also eco-friendly.
Showing 121-135 of 172