ForumsForum GamesMemetia Historical: Unnatural Selection

115 12122
Kylelolcat
Kylelolcat
4,813 posts
Nomad

The year is 2012. The universe is not ours, but a similar one. In this universe, the world was affected by a class 3-a apocalypse: an outside force wiped out all human life. Whether grudge or scientific experiment, all humans died without the other creatures dying.

A few hundred years later, the creatures of Earth have begun to compete to fill the space. Whether sensible or farfetched, many creatures competed. Now, we know of three, so where the others went, I don't know...

In this forum game, You will choose a creature on Earth and compete with other players and against nature to become civilized.

The sheet:

Racial sheet
Name:
Original Creature:
Psychology:
Development: Primal
Description:
Origin:

Name: What we call your race.

Original Creature: What creature the race is based off of. These creatures are already taken:

Domestic cats (Cheezburgians)
Computers (Youtubians)
Gorillas (Chanians)

Psychology: How your race operates as a whole.

Delevopment: What stage of creature you are, such as Primal, tribal and Spacial.

Description: What your species can do and how it looks. Please no god-modding, but it can be ridiculous.

Origin: How your race started to develop into thinking creatures. Bonus points if It's believable, so the more ridiculous, the harder it is to make it believable, but the more awesome it is when you succeed!

Example:

Name: Cheezburgians
Original Creature: Common Housecats
Psychology: Stealthy Hunter
Description: Stealthy creatures who have great senses and are primarily nocturnal. looks like normal cats, except human sized and switch between biped and quadruped.
Origin: Signs of sapience showed when they began protecting bird coops to use the birds as a consistent food source. At first they survived by reverting to the wild side still in domestic cats.

• 115 Replies
Bluydee
Bluydee
3,426 posts
Nomad

Name: Behemels
Original Creature: Bears
Psychology: Tyrant Lone Wolves
Description: Bear-like creatures with huge fists. They travel by themselves and take control of land by themselves. They act like savage Hitlers.
Origin: They were bears injected with experimental chemicals designed to create super-soldiers. They instead became savage beastly Hitlers.

I was just experimenting... anyways, I start to pound rocks together in rage, then smash some wood with them as well.

http://images.wikia.com/fallout/images/3/3d/Yao_Guai.png

Picture of a Behemel!

Kylelolcat
Kylelolcat
4,813 posts
Nomad

Name: Behemel
Development: Sapiens
Description: Bear-like creatures with huge fists. They travel by themselves and take control of land by themselves. They act like savage Hitlers.
Origin: They were bears injected with experimental chemicals designed to create super-soldiers. They instead became savage beastly Hitlers.

I have to say, Behemel look very similar to the Yao Guai from Fallout 3. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing.

Pounding the rocks together creates some relief of the rage! Some little yellow sparks hit some leaves, setting it ablaze and scaring the herbivores, who then run into a hedge and get stuck. You also smash some wood with the rock, which proves to be more effective than attacking wood with your paws. You roar-howl to call a meeting.

You demonstrate what you have found to the other Behemel, being:

-Breaking trees into wood using rocks
-Making herds of prey follow you
-Hitting rocks near leaves and twigs to make a hot pyre.

Being Super-Hitler-Bears, they are suspicious at first but are swayed by your Alpha power and natural Behemel charm, so they pick up the technique. Knowing how to make fire, cut wood and herd animals, you have just achieved Sapiens! You don't quite have the techniques to be a tribe, but you are smarter than your average Primal.

Years pass, and the Behemel have advanced their ability to corral the Herbivores, and have found a problem: the environment has been causing your species trouble. Rain has been putting out your fires, and thunderstorms have frequently killing Behemel. You need to find a way to be able to hide from the environment when it becomes too dangerous for even your powerful selves, or at least save your Herbivores.

Bluydee
Bluydee
3,426 posts
Nomad

It is Yao Guai from Fallout.

I find a cave to hide me and my herbivores.

How old would my guy be around now?

Kylelolcat
Kylelolcat
4,813 posts
Nomad

The Alpha from the Primal stage has already died. the Sapiens Alpha is one that took the old Alpha's place by whatever process that implies. This one may actually live to the Tribal state.

You find a cave to hide the herbivores in! Of course, you had to chase out some Primal races that were residing in there.

Bluydee
Bluydee
3,426 posts
Nomad

Origin: They were bears injected with experimental chemicals designed to create super-soldiers. They instead became savage beastly tyrants.

I head out to find what creates the weather, while keeping a fire open for my herd.

seVain5
seVain5
219 posts
Nomad

Name: Syphronitzans
Original creature: Scorpion
Psychology: smart swarm
Development: Sapient
Description: Able to learn incredibly fast. They react quickly but don't use their resources as much as they should. They are about a foot tall, two feet long and a foot wide. They are mostly black with two white stripes on their backs coming from their red heads.
Origin: they came from the regular kinds of scorpions from before the apocalypse, only much larger. They grew when they confronted a dangerous growth hormone. Now they are much bigger and much more lethal.

Did you just create the Memetian equivalent of the Fallout Radscorpions? Because I like it!

I have never played fallout, so I have no idea what you are talking about. But they sound cool.

Anyway...

As a group, we decide that we should either move out of the area (which could be dangerous) or try to build a fortress out of the carcases of our resources, neither of which does much good. Seeing as with only tiny hands on the front of our bodies (I forgot to add that; they have tiny hands like the tiny claws of a t-rex.), we decide that it would be best to move out of the desert.
GhostSauce
GhostSauce
1,140 posts
Nomad

Name: Hyin Pern
Original Creature: Timber Wolf
Psychology: Stealthy Assassin
Description: smarter than the usall but has the different coloring with amber back and white belly
Origin: The pack was a strong group and was feared but a sickness came through and wiped a lot of the pack but numbers are rising and coming back into power from the rival packs

i search for a different prey or if that doesnt work then uess i shall try to commando the cheezburgians

Kylelolcat
Kylelolcat
4,813 posts
Nomad

It seems that someone has advanced to Tribe! So, I will explain the sheet you need to fill out in order to seal the advance. I'll post the responses in the same post, since I'm trying putting the description next to the category.

Name: Name of Avatar
Species: Species of your Avatar/Stage of species
Bio: Description of Avatar
Special: Determined by Bio

Ex:
Name: Scot
Species: Cheezburgian/Tribe
Bio: An especially strong and smart Cheezburgian. He led his species to greatness. He made the species a great force by teaching them pouncing techniques.
Special: Guerrilla-Undetectable while using stealth and has incredible senses.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Origin: They were bears injected with experimental chemicals designed to create super-soldiers. They instead became savage beastly tyrants.

You spend some time trying to find what causes the weather, but there isn't anything that could even hint at what causes weather. After much confusion, you roar to call a meeting.

You communicate with the other Behemel via a series of grunts and gestures, so I think language may be starting to develop, but it's not quite there yet. Translation:

Alpha Behemel: Me searched much. I want to know weather. It hurt us. It annoy us. What cause?

Elder Behemel: We must find way to avoid weather. Know you ways?

Alpha Behemel: I know way. Hide in cave, keep herd in rocks.

Wondering Behemel: Cave?

Alpha Behemel: Land in rocks. Dark. Cold. Safe.

Arguing Behemel: Why hide in dark cold safe?

Alpha Behemel: Saves herd and Behemel from weather.

Wondering Behemel: But what cause weather?

Alpha Behemel: I have wondered. Know you, elder?

Elder Behemel: Weather cause by Behemel above Behemel.

Young Behemel: Alpha cause weather?

Elder Behemel: No, cause by Behemel above Alpha Behemel.

Alpha Behemel: We make praise to Behemel above Behemel!

All Behemels: Yes!

Well, the Behemel move fast. It appears that the Behemel have created Religion and Shelter! You are close to Tribal, but you need an avatar to be the force though which you operate.

Name: Syphronitzans
Original creature: Scorpion
Psychology: smart swarm
Development: Sapient
Description: Able to learn incredibly fast. They react quickly but don't use their resources as much as they should. They are about a foot tall, two feet long and a foot wide. They are mostly black with two white stripes on their backs coming from their red heads.
Origin: they came from the regular kinds of scorpions from before the apocalypse, only much larger. They grew when they confronted a dangerous growth hormone. Now they are much bigger and much more lethal.

So you have T-Rex arms with or as opposed to pincers? Either way, that does separate you from Radscorpions.

Radscorpion:
http://i573.photobucket.com/albums/ss172/Ged1Grrrr/300px-Radscorpion.png

Since most of your prey doesn't make for a good fort, you must leave the desert. As a group, a few are tasked to carrying food and the others defend them.

After much wandering, the collective start to see less and less sand. The collective eventually finds a wasteland where there aren't as many desert winds and creatures with tough armored hides. Being giant scorpions, the collective can hunt them by just jabbing them with poison.

Description: smarter than the usall but has the different coloring with amber back and white belly
Origin: The pack was a strong group and was feared but a sickness came through and wiped a lot of the pack but numbers are rising and coming back into power from the rival packs

There is no other prey, so you try some Commando tactics.

You howl a huge HAWOOOOOOOOOO! , causing the Cheezburgians to panic! The pack then attacks and run off with the prey! A few Cheezburgians try jumping in confusion, but you successfully fend them off! You eventually hear a hiss, which you know as the sound Cheezburgian Alphas make when they want their pack to retreat.

Bluydee
Bluydee
3,426 posts
Nomad

I go back to my herd and, since I want my herd to stay outside, but covered, I smash some trees down and put them around my herd. Then I keep one big branch, thinking it my be useful later on.

Bluydee
Bluydee
3,426 posts
Nomad

Also, what do you mean by Avatar? Do you mean your "king" or something?

Kylelolcat
Kylelolcat
4,813 posts
Nomad

Kinda like a king. Basically, someone who is in a position you need to control. Commonly, this would be powerful people like kings or tribal chiefs, but it can be something else you need to assume direct control over. I'll keep the species sheet in my notepad where I keep all the other stuff from my games. And by Notepad, I mean the function on my computer.

You have successfully made a shelter of wood! Also, now you are speaking softly but carrying a big tree branch. UNINTENTIONAL PUN!

Bluydee
Bluydee
3,426 posts
Nomad

Origin: They were bears injected with experimental chemicals designed to create super-soldiers. They instead became savage beastly tyrants

Name: Barroth
Species: Behemel/Sapient
Bio: Giant behemel with many scars.
Special: Battle Veteran: Tougher than usual.

Like this?

I sleep for teh night.

GhostSauce
GhostSauce
1,140 posts
Nomad

yes guess i attack any starggelres and eat them as food and the other things

Kylelolcat
Kylelolcat
4,813 posts
Nomad

Development: Tribe
Origin: They were bears injected with experimental chemicals designed to create super-soldiers. They instead became savage beastly tyrants

Name: Barroth
Species: Behemel/Sapient
Bio: Giant Behemel with many scars.
Special: Scar Tissue-Tougher than usual.

Usually I fill in the Special, but that's honestly what I would have picked, so I'll let it slide. I will, however, change that Special name. Also: Monster Hunter 3 reference?

You are now a combination of tribal chief and high priest. Religion is great for your tribe: it gives you reason to expand and excuses to chase off every Sapiens and Tribe in the area for not being a Behemel. this does give you room to expand.

Your tribe is doing fine, but the weather is still happening, despite your ceremonies. Clearly, you need something to bring yourself closer to the Behemel above Behemel.

You attack a Cheezburgians who is falling behind, but his meat is much too tough compared to your prey. Instead, you just take some of his fur and teeth as a trophy.

When you return to the pack, they have been waiting for you. Yourself being an Alpha, they have waited to feast until you returned.

Bluydee
Bluydee
3,426 posts
Nomad

Development: Tribe

Duh. Anyways, I make a sacrifice to Behemel above Behemel by killing one of the herd members.

Showing 16-30 of 115