ForumsNews and Feedbacknew rank system

21 7190
cian2d2
cian2d2
10 posts
Nomad

I think there should be a new ranking system that you choose what path to go light neutral dark that kind of thing

• 21 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

AG3 new ranks.
^That link discusses about it well.

AG3 update on migrating Armor Points.
^That's just what's going to happen to Armor Points in AG3.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

We had considered a positive/neutral setting on reputation, where if your rep score dropped below 0, the system would introduce delays between allowing you to post comments, etc. Maybe if your reputationwere bad enough, you'd have to watch an ad before every game or something... ;o)

But we're still looking at how to build it, analyze it, see how to impact its value by interacting on the site, etc. Maybe you gain a fraction of a rep point when someone "likes" something you write/create, but it costs you a rep point to 'like' something that someone else did, etc. I dunno. It's something we'll work on after launch.

Ghgt99
Ghgt99
1,894 posts
Nomad

Maybe if your reputationwere bad enough, you'd have to watch an ad before every game or something... ;o)

Some people would go insane from that.
belthizor24
belthizor24
27 posts
Nomad

I agree on Ghgt99's post but if their was an ad before every game it could be a good punnishment for those with a bad reputation and i asume it would generate more ad income for the site i don't now.

Belt

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Some people would go insane from that.

Gee, then maybe they'd behave. We'd also discussed a "decaying" reputation, so if you dipped negative, over time you'd just end up at 0 again, but also if you had a really high reputation and then left the site for a year, you'd come back to a 0 as well, since you wouldn't have the same reputation on the site any more.

Dunno if we'll do the decay, or let users get a negative value. We still have some planning to do there.
bigjacob
bigjacob
578 posts
Farmer

Sounds good except for ad before every game part.

seVain5
seVain5
219 posts
Nomad

Well, people 'good enough' wouldn't have to watch the ads. I think that is a cool idea and that we should see that more often on the internet. If you're like, "But it's wrong to do that!!!" than stop bullying people. It's why we have the government, to protect the people.

We had considered a positive/neutral setting on reputation, where if your rep score dropped below 0, the system would introduce delays between allowing you to post comments, etc. Maybe if your reputationwere bad enough, you'd have to watch an ad before every game or something... ;o)

But how would that work? Would it be like rating people? That could get bad quickly.
seVain5
seVain5
219 posts
Nomad

I think we should put the points in line with the progress in games

You mean like if someone finished a game they would get a point?
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Would it be like rating people?

Yeah, we had thought about a like/dislike button on things that were posted, to build up a reputation system. It could get "gamed" though, so I've been looking into different algorithms where someone's like/dislike would be worth a different value whether you were the user's friend/follower or whether you've disliked a lot of their posts in the past 6 months, etc.

You mean like if someone finished a game they would get a point?

Yes, points will be game-based on AG3, not based on community involvement. No points will be awarded for posting comments/forums/etc on AG3. We'll have the reputation system for that.
SeaCucumber
SeaCucumber
15 posts
Nomad

Will a total of your posts in the forum still be counted in AG3? Or is the number of posts you make linked to your reputation and not just peoples liking/disliking the post?

SeaCucumber
SeaCucumber
15 posts
Nomad

Sorry for double post but that was worded horribly. This is what happens to me after I get out of school :S

I am meaning to ask if the number of posts you make contributes to your reputation along with peoples liking/disliking of your posts, or if post counting is separate entirely?

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

We'll probably have achievements to award based on forum posts, game comments, etc., on AG2. We haven't finalized those details.

We haven't decided completely on how the reputation scoring system will work, but since we don't currently plan to award points just for posting, I'm not sure how we'd give anyone reputation to start from all of their old posts.

Now, merits, we could assign reputation to users who have been awarded merits, but again it depends on what we bring over from AG2 to AG3. For example, if we don't import the old game comments, then we wouldn't be able to award reputation for merited game comments.

It's still in the works. Bear with us as we get these details ironed out.

sambam
sambam
452 posts
Nomad

Yeah, we had thought about a like/dislike button on things that were posted, to build up a reputation system

I don't like this, what if someone hated you and just downed all your comments?
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

what if someone hated you and just downed all your comments?

The Moderators & Administrators would have access to see who's downing all your comments & they will monitor it.

I think that when you go to like/dislike a post/comment a little window should pop up then you put in your reason in there then submit.

For example:
User makes an off-topic post in thread, I press dislike then a window pops up then I put in my reason for disliking it then press submit.
kingjac11
kingjac11
2,597 posts
Nomad

I agree with Ghost because that would stop people getting a bad reputation when they are not really bad.

Showing 1-15 of 21