ForumsThe TavernWhat should happen when we hit 1,000,000 users?

290 41557
Darktroop07
Darktroop07
3,592 posts
Shepherd

Havent any of you ever wondered about what we should do when we hit 1,000,000 users cause I am I think there should be like a free armatar pick or something special for this type of even -DARKTROOP07 aka SPARKMAN

• 290 Replies
Darktroop07
Darktroop07
3,592 posts
Shepherd

4 people say a mile stone so far

aksuperstar
aksuperstar
59 posts
Nomad

I don't know, maybe celebrate with virtual fireworks?

buenothebear
buenothebear
261 posts
Nomad

4 people say a mile stone so far

You just made it five! ohhhhhhhhhhhh!
scardragon99
scardragon99
570 posts
Nomad

I think there should be a free armatar to choose from.
But if not it would just be a bunch of people.

Ghgt99
Ghgt99
1,894 posts
Nomad

What will happen when it one billion? What if the site blows up because it can only contain one billion users.

1 billion? That is like 1/7th of the world.
vinster132
vinster132
5,880 posts
Jester

1 billion is like totally impossible. It takes about 4-5 years to get 1 million. What makes you think one billion?

loloynage2
loloynage2
4,210 posts
Peasant

We might hit the 200,000 users active if we hit 1,000,000

idontsuckthatmuch
idontsuckthatmuch
2,270 posts
Nomad

Uh, Dude.
200,000 is less than 1,000,000. Did you mean two million and write it incorrectly?

No, I think he meant 200,000 active users. Most of the accounts here on AG are inactive.
metalwill
metalwill
147 posts
Shepherd

I really don't think anything special should happen. Like its been said already, only a fraction of the user accounts are active so its not like there would be a million members that are actually using the site on a regular basis.

samdawghomie
samdawghomie
3,550 posts
Peasant

Man, I remeber when everyone shat there pants because of 200,000 users. Now we are approaching 1 mil. Even though maybe 10 percent of them are active, that's still a milestone.

metalwill
metalwill
147 posts
Shepherd

Man, I remeber when everyone shat there pants because of 200,000 users. Now we are approaching 1 mil. Even though maybe 10 percent of them are active, that's still a milestone.

I really don't think its a milestone for a site like this. Maybe if AG was offering original stuff, but they are just a host for other people's games, which, most of the time, you can play on other sites long before they are ever available on here.
samdawghomie
samdawghomie
3,550 posts
Peasant

you can play on other sites long before they are ever available on here.

Yes, but that's the same here. Alot of the high quality games like Krin's games, and John's (Jmtb02) are on AG long long before they are uploaded to Kong and NG.
Ghgt99
Ghgt99
1,894 posts
Nomad

And Louissi, and Tony and CoolioNiato and a lot of other people.

Do you know how many games John alone has made? 68. Add all the other AG developers and that is at least 300 out of 1500 some games on this site. And their games are good. I have never seen one of John's games get below a 7.0 rating.

The lowest game rating I have seen an AG developer get was 6. Out of 10 points to rate it that is pretty good.

Darktroop07
Darktroop07
3,592 posts
Shepherd

well people still have opinions and disagreements

knight_34
knight_34
13,821 posts
Farmer

Well, we probably will. Half of the guys are inactive.

More like 90% stay away from the forums. There isn't much to get you recognized on AG aside from the forums, as of yet.

What will happen when it one billion? What if the site blows up because it can only contain one billion users.

That's wishful thinking and too lofty to aim for at the moment. Of course the site's servers would be upgraded to deal with an increased burden unless a billion people inexplicably mobbed AG in a short period of time. I consider that to be unlikely.
Showing 16-30 of 290