ForumsThe TavernGeneral Science Discussion

1019 156657
SupaLegit
SupaLegit
644 posts
Nomad

Well, I was searching to see if this was already made, but the searches didn't show a thread with my idea so here it is. I am making this thread so we can have a typical tavern discussion thread for all things science! Basically, a thread for everything science! Ranging from discussions about laws and theories, scientific debate, breakthroughs, discussion about new scientific breakthroughs, certain scientists/philosophers, and all that good stuff!
So go out there and let out your inner science! ;P
To get us going somewhere I'll start: what do you think the future holds for technology? I think our knowledge will allow us to overcome the obstacles thrown at us in the future, I mean, we have discovered so much and have come so far!

• 1,019 Replies
dair5
dair5
3,379 posts
Shepherd

In the first video i think it said 2007. Imagine what we really have now.

Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,679 posts
Peasant

Well, a couple months ago a man sitting in Alabama killed a man in the Middle East.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

In the first video i think it said 2007. Imagine what we really have now.

Maybe, though it's also possible we have made little advancement in some of these fields.
Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,679 posts
Peasant

Little admitted advancement.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Little admitted advancement.

Not even that. It's possible there just hasn't been much advancement. There could be a huge stumbling block that hasn't been overcome in just four years. Given what I see there it would likely be in making the tech practical to produce.
Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,679 posts
Peasant

Practicallity is limited by capitol on all sides and in all forms. I blame the governments.

dair5
dair5
3,379 posts
Shepherd

I think that advancements have been made but they haven't been anounced. People want to hear the soiders are coming back not wining with their newfound technology.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Any thoughts on the arcologies?

Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,679 posts
Peasant

I think that we should work on them, just keep them way the hell away from me. I like my 27 acres.

Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,679 posts
Peasant

Deathstar or big as gun wrapped up in a ship?

dair5
dair5
3,379 posts
Shepherd

I think we could make one big enough to destroy countrys but i think something as big as a planet is going to far. unless it's only like destroying the life on the surface.

Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,679 posts
Peasant

I believe it was Tesla that claimed he could split the world using a suprisingly small amount of dynamite.

dair5
dair5
3,379 posts
Shepherd

True, though it wouldn't destroy the world it would kill off the life on it.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

I believe it was Tesla that claimed he could split the world using a suprisingly small amount of dynamite.

Many of Tesla's claims especially those later on in his life are highly suspect.
dair5
dair5
3,379 posts
Shepherd

could you provide a link for that i want to know how much dynamite he thought would be enough.

http://www.excludedmiddle.com/earthquake.htm

Sorry i'm bad with links, but the amount is relativly small.
Showing 556-570 of 1019