ForumsThe TavernGeneral Science Discussion

1019 156664
SupaLegit
SupaLegit
644 posts
Nomad

Well, I was searching to see if this was already made, but the searches didn't show a thread with my idea so here it is. I am making this thread so we can have a typical tavern discussion thread for all things science! Basically, a thread for everything science! Ranging from discussions about laws and theories, scientific debate, breakthroughs, discussion about new scientific breakthroughs, certain scientists/philosophers, and all that good stuff!
So go out there and let out your inner science! ;P
To get us going somewhere I'll start: what do you think the future holds for technology? I think our knowledge will allow us to overcome the obstacles thrown at us in the future, I mean, we have discovered so much and have come so far!

• 1,019 Replies
dair5
dair5
3,379 posts
Shepherd

There are treatments for asthma, but no cures. Yet. >:/. I'm hopeful there will be sometime. They are talking about quantum physics, very hard to understand but I watch Dr.Quantum because i find he explains it in an easy way.

Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,679 posts
Peasant

Dr. Quantum? Is he kind of like Bill Nye the Science Guy?

SupaLegit
SupaLegit
644 posts
Nomad

As dair said, there are treatments to help, I think we discussed some cutie. Sadly, no "cure" as in medical antibiotics or something of the such. The only "cure" is the body growing out of it, either by age or by being active.

I've been laying my sports all my life, and I was oblivious that I actually had Asthma. It was at a doctors appointment where we found out. Since I've been active my whole life, I never really felt the effects of asthma... That's why it's important to stay active, with or without asthma. It saddens me when people can't do something physical and blame their asthma for it... I almost want to punch them.

I don't know; never heard of him.
dair5
dair5
3,379 posts
Shepherd

It saddens me when people can't do something physical and blame their asthma for it... I almost want to punch them.

Me too. I make sure i do just as much as everyone else. In fact my gym teacher forgot i had it.
dair5
dair5
3,379 posts
Shepherd

Sorry i forgot to answer this in my last post,

Yup. A cartoon version that makes Quantum physics understandable. For people like me.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Yup. A cartoon version that makes Quantum physics understandable. For people like me.

Unfortunately the rest of the show he comes from is pretty fallacious.
dair5
dair5
3,379 posts
Shepherd

There's a show about this? I only looked up him on youtube. And did anyone else notice the weird glitch?

dair5
dair5
3,379 posts
Shepherd

Mage's post wasn't on 63 or 64. It was just somewhere in the middle. Well, until i posted.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

There's a show about this? I only looked up him on youtube.

It's called 'What The Bleep Do We Know'. Here's someone just just "Bleeping" it a new one.

Critical Analysis of 'What The Bleep Do We Know' Part 1
Critical Analysis of 'What The Bleep Do We Know' Part 2
Critical Analysis of 'What The Bleep Do We Know' Part 3
Critical Analysis of "What The Bleep Do We Know" Part 4
Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,679 posts
Peasant

So they put an explaination of quantom physics in the middle of a bunch of bull ****?

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

So they put an explaination of quantom physics in the middle of a bunch of bull ****?

Pretty much, thought the bull was about quantum physics.
dair5
dair5
3,379 posts
Shepherd

I know in the way they make it simple a lot of the real quantum phisics is lost. but i think it's good for a general idea. As long as you know that things don't look like that.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

I know in the way they make it simple a lot of the real quantum phisics is lost. but i think it's good for a general idea. As long as you know that things don't look like that.

It's not just that. They use a lot of fallacies and the people explaining it aren't even qualified.
dair5
dair5
3,379 posts
Shepherd

Oh. Well that's bad. Well then, what would be a good way to understand it.

Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,679 posts
Peasant

Discovery channel will show something that helps every once in a while.

Showing 586-600 of 1019