ForumsThe TavernGeneral Science Discussion

1019 157370
SupaLegit
SupaLegit
644 posts
Nomad

Well, I was searching to see if this was already made, but the searches didn't show a thread with my idea so here it is. I am making this thread so we can have a typical tavern discussion thread for all things science! Basically, a thread for everything science! Ranging from discussions about laws and theories, scientific debate, breakthroughs, discussion about new scientific breakthroughs, certain scientists/philosophers, and all that good stuff!
So go out there and let out your inner science! ;P
To get us going somewhere I'll start: what do you think the future holds for technology? I think our knowledge will allow us to overcome the obstacles thrown at us in the future, I mean, we have discovered so much and have come so far!

• 1,019 Replies
SupaLegit
SupaLegit
644 posts
Nomad

.....and dialate time the same way. No reversal.
Reaching absolute zero or near temperatures and sitting still in the center of the universe?

Hm, I meant on Earth...
If near/absolute zero temp. could exist with these conditions here, then let us maneuver around it. Like how airplanes have a pressurized cabin, we can make a special cabin for this cause.

I apploud your basic level of quoting.

Thanks, lol. Someone post something bi, that way I can redeem my quoting skills! haha >;D
Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,679 posts
Peasant

Well, temperature is molecular motion. High speeds slow time. Low/no speed should, in comparison, slow or even reverse time.

SupaLegit
SupaLegit
644 posts
Nomad

First off, quote fail to typing fail; not my day...
Anyway:

Low/no speed should, in comparison, slow or even reverse time.

OK, walk around, then stop. I think you are still in the present, no? Try it with the car, a bike, or anything. Not wanting to be mean, but if this were true we should be able to access the past at will.
Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,679 posts
Peasant

In relation to the universe and all, remember? Earth is moving pretty ****ed fast and we are fairly hot.

SupaLegit
SupaLegit
644 posts
Nomad

In relation to the universe and all, remember? Earth is moving pretty ****ed fast and we are fairly hot.

Hm, you do have a point. If this was possible, we would have a heck of a challenge to get into space and then stay still.
For 1 we have to either defy inertia(mm I think not) or we need an unbalanced force...
2) We would probably be attracted by some large celestial body, like mars.
Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,679 posts
Peasant

Unless you are in the center of the universe, space expanding would count as movement. We would have to go to the center of the universe to do this.......
I don't see any problems here, do you?

SupaLegit
SupaLegit
644 posts
Nomad

Unless you are in the center of the universe, space expanding would count as movement. We would have to go to the center of the universe to do this.......
I don't see any problems here, do you?

Only the matter of slowing our craft, inertia will make us continue. We need to find an unbalanced force to slow us down.
Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,679 posts
Peasant

Less finding an unbalanced force, more balancing out the forces already in play. It would actually be easier to go to the center of the universe.....

SupaLegit
SupaLegit
644 posts
Nomad

Less finding an unbalanced force, more balancing out the forces already in play.

I suppose you're right about that.

It would actually be easier to go to the center of the universe.....

Then our light speed train I assume that is what you mean. If so, it could go either way...
Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,679 posts
Peasant

To go back in time, you must first travel forward in time at an excellerated rate for trillions of years and then the manipulation of time might only stop time and may kill you.....
I see no problem here.....

SupaLegit
SupaLegit
644 posts
Nomad

To go back in time, you must first travel forward in time at an excellerated rate for trillions of years and then the manipulation of time might only stop time and may kill you.....
I see no problem here.....

Muahaha just don't tell the astronauts >;P
...But in all seriousness we must then make our train idea an outer space one and not Earthly... Hurray for us!
Perhaps a modified shuttle on some kind of long, flat shuttle. That shuttle would be launched some how, and accelerate by the air accelerator device thingy-magig... The primary shuttle then releases itself when almost out of the atmosphere and the flat shuttle returns to earth. There the primary shuttle has our speed of light and time travel tech. ;O
Just a matter of how now.
Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,679 posts
Peasant

In order to not kill us from the G forces, it would have to be absolutely massive. Not feasible in any way.

SupaLegit
SupaLegit
644 posts
Nomad

In order to not kill us from the G forces, it would have to be absolutely massive. Not feasible in any way.

Bleh...
Time for an anti G force cabin...
But seriously since when is all this stuff going to be "small"? Bigger the better, we can fit more test dummies inside lmao...
I'm so mean...
Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,679 posts
Peasant

I mean if the main part is the size of a small car, the whole thing would atleast be several miles high and as big around.

SupaLegit
SupaLegit
644 posts
Nomad

I mean if the main part is the size of a small car

Let the main shuttle be.. decently sized, then. No sense in making it tiny since we need our source of fuel whatever it may be.
Showing 121-135 of 1019