ForumsNews and FeedbackIdeas and Discussions about: Armatars

256 61375
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Hi everyone,

Since we have a LOT of duplicate threads on Armatars, I'm creating this sticky post where users can discuss ideas about armatars.

We've stated several times that Dan is in charge of armatars at the moment, and that if you want new armatars to go let him know. We have several new ideas for armatars on AG3 that we'll discuss in this thread as we work on it.

For starters, we ARE going to allow custom armatars at some point. I'm not sure if it'll be there when AG3 launches, but it's a priority. We'll have strict requirements, probably something like being a member for more than 6 months, and have a certain number of points/achievements or a reputation level of a certain rank or something. The specifics are still being worked out. One idea is that at one level (points/achievements/reputation), you could upload an armatar that only you could use. At another level, you could unlock it for your friends to use. At another level, your followers, and at the highest level, make it available for anyone on the site. We've also discussed the idea of letting our most artistic users create entire *sets* of armatars for the site.

In AG3, all users will have a unique URL for their armatar, which they can use on other sites if they choose. We'll have a link on your dashboard that will show you what the URL is or how to download a high-quality version of the image.

All armatar uploads will be heavily scrutinized by human eyes before they go live on the site. Users who abuse the system by uploading an image against our Terms and Conditions and other rules and guidelines about images will be permanently banned from the site.

Anyhow, if you have other ideas, questions, suggestions, please place them here. If you see other users asking about AG3 armatars, please direct them back to this forum thread.

• 256 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Why do people like that Armatar so much? Someone wanna tell me?

People look at it as the best shield that has been made, they like it because of the colors used on the shield itself and the starry background.
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

The most natural reason is because that shield is the descendant of the transparent armatar, something that, as long as you didn't switch to another armatar, would keep forever. When people kept using glitches to get to the transparent one, AG just created that shield, as well as the colored shields.

Now this is the kicker. Any new members could not get the starry armatar--they could only get a random-colored shield. The only way to grab that one was to keep the original transparent armatar through the release. That in itself yields bragging rights for those that have the willpower to resist changing armatars.

It has hardcore sentimental value, but my heart does not belong to a shield. Aye, mine belongs to dwarves.

cristianrap
cristianrap
64 posts
Nomad

I like the armatar that parfarm submit

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

Any new members could not get the starry armatar--they could only get a random-colored shield.

On account creation, the armatar is not random. Instead, a new user can choose from any of the 0 AP armatars. When I created my account, I chose the shield with a green background.
Koru7
Koru7
1,408 posts
Nomad

yeah so i know some people have already asked this question but i didn't see an answer, so can we upload pics from like pokemon, anime, other games?

Paarfam
Paarfam
1,558 posts
Nomad

I like the armatar that parfarm submit

Are you talking about me? If you are, I didn't submit any Armatars, although my AMW threads's factorals would make some pretty sweet Armatars.

If you're talking about my earlier post, that's already an Armatar.
Paarfam
Paarfam
1,558 posts
Nomad

@Freakenstein
There is a way to get it. It's actually very easy, but breaks some rules. I won't tell you how to get it, because it involves spamming and that's just plain annoying. How do you think I got it?

goldair1
goldair1
158 posts
Nomad

see how we have the photos for the Armatars in the Forums? why not in the profile pages and game pages.? Sorry if this be said befor i did not look and i was in a rush.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

i didn't see an answer, so can we upload pics from like pokemon, anime, other games?

You didn't read very thoroughly then. When we do begin to allow users to upload their own armatar, users will NOT be permitted to upload any image that has a copyright or license which belongs to someone else. Uploading images with copyright/trademark/etc (like the Coca-Cola logo or Nike logo, or Pokemon or DragonballZ, etc) will likely subject you to a ban on the site.
Koru7
Koru7
1,408 posts
Nomad

yeah i didn't really want to read through all the posts to find an answer or i didn't understand your wording from your first post. i guess i'm just lazy like that. Thanks for the info tho.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

There is a way to get it. It's actually very easy, but breaks some rules. I won't tell you how to get it, because it involves spamming and that's just plain annoying. How do you think I got it?

I listed the legitimate ways to obtain that armatar. I know all about the hacking mechanism. One of the guys that was caught, and warned, is on my friends list. Ironically, he was buried with the very "armatar" he kept, as a death notice to passersby.
Paarfam
Paarfam
1,558 posts
Nomad

@Freakenstein
I think you mean way, not ways. That way I know how to get it allows to change your Armatar freely, between anyones you wish, and back to the starry one with ease.

darkrai097
darkrai097
862 posts
Nomad

I don't know what you guys are talking about. You can get the starry shield by getting to a certain group of armatars, choosing one, then losing enough points that you can't get them anymore. Or are you talking about the transparent/black one?

goldair1
goldair1
158 posts
Nomad

i didn't see an answer, so can we upload pics from like pokemon, anime, other games?

[quote]You didn't read very thoroughly then. When we do begin to allow users to upload their own armatar, users will NOT be permitted to upload any image that has a copyright or license which belongs to someone else. Uploading images with copyright/trademark/etc (like the Coca-Cola logo or Nike logo, or Pokemon or DragonballZ, etc) will likely subject you to a ban on the site.

So they have to be our own photos but how will you know if it is our own and you can just say its not your own when is it?
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

So they have to be our own photos but how will you know if it is our own and you can just say its not your own when is it?

You will have to agree to our terms of use whenever we do enable an upload feature, and those terms will clearly state that uploading images with copyright or license to a third party will not be permitted, and failure to follow that rule could result in your account being blocked from uploading any armatars in the future.

That's why we'll have a panel of people to screen uploads, and also why uploading your own armatar will be a feature added to the site later this year.
Showing 166-180 of 256