ForumsNews and FeedbackIdeas and Discussions about: Armatars

256 61373
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Hi everyone,

Since we have a LOT of duplicate threads on Armatars, I'm creating this sticky post where users can discuss ideas about armatars.

We've stated several times that Dan is in charge of armatars at the moment, and that if you want new armatars to go let him know. We have several new ideas for armatars on AG3 that we'll discuss in this thread as we work on it.

For starters, we ARE going to allow custom armatars at some point. I'm not sure if it'll be there when AG3 launches, but it's a priority. We'll have strict requirements, probably something like being a member for more than 6 months, and have a certain number of points/achievements or a reputation level of a certain rank or something. The specifics are still being worked out. One idea is that at one level (points/achievements/reputation), you could upload an armatar that only you could use. At another level, you could unlock it for your friends to use. At another level, your followers, and at the highest level, make it available for anyone on the site. We've also discussed the idea of letting our most artistic users create entire *sets* of armatars for the site.

In AG3, all users will have a unique URL for their armatar, which they can use on other sites if they choose. We'll have a link on your dashboard that will show you what the URL is or how to download a high-quality version of the image.

All armatar uploads will be heavily scrutinized by human eyes before they go live on the site. Users who abuse the system by uploading an image against our Terms and Conditions and other rules and guidelines about images will be permanently banned from the site.

Anyhow, if you have other ideas, questions, suggestions, please place them here. If you see other users asking about AG3 armatars, please direct them back to this forum thread.

• 256 Replies
ColonyGuardian
ColonyGuardian
10 posts
Nomad

Iff wee do keep the idea off armatars unlocked wit ap they should cost a little less

sodangobsessed
sodangobsessed
200 posts
Nomad

I like your ideas for the armatars for AG3 especially the make your own armatar thing. I see you already had a lot of animal and royalty related armatars maybe you should make armatars of objects you see around a lot and give them something special when you make the armatar.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

How about getting a choice of armatars per category? I'm a big fan of the Crush The Castle Series (CTC2 and CTC2PP especially). I'll be more interested in getting an armatar such as a Knight or a Merchant. BTW you don't have a merchant armatar. I WANT one! Thanks.

ide4749
ide4749
310 posts
Nomad

Definetly armor games makes it so the better armatars cost more pionts.

TheMysteriousFart
TheMysteriousFart
2 posts
Nomad

I think it would be awesome to be able to upload thumbnails too, just to increase player originality

iamlentil64
iamlentil64
88 posts
Nomad

An armatar customiser would be great. Kinda like Xbox 360 avatars but keeping the same theme as the characters we already have (2d, cartoony, fantasy).

JohnGarell
JohnGarell
1,752 posts
Peasant

Wouldn't it be better if we could upload our own images(armatars)?

What if at really high AP-requirement you could do that. About 25000.
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

What if at really high AP-requirement you could do that. About 25000.

I don't think the AP requirement should be that high. I also think that Reputation should be included in such a requirement, since that will be for community activity.
goldair1
goldair1
158 posts
Nomad

So they have to be our own photos but how will you know if it is our own and you can just say its not your own when is it?

You will have to agree to our terms of use whenever we do enable an upload feature, and those terms will clearly state that uploading images with copyright or license to a third party will not be permitted, and failure to follow that rule could result in your account being blocked from uploading any armatars in the future.

That's why we'll have a panel of people to screen uploads, and also why uploading your own armatar will be a feature added to the site later this year.

What if we upload it to the web but what if yousay we did not upload it? Need proof? i will give it. I don't know with them.
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Guys, go back and read my previous remarks.

User upload will be a long ways off, perhaps the end of this year. It will be strictly enforced, no images with copyright (ie, xbox) will be allowed. Users who click on the digital agreement that they own the rights to an image they upload when they really don't will probably face a permaban at some point, because we don't want to have to waste our time trying to find every possible image somewhere else online to prove you own the rights, etc.

goldair1
goldair1
158 posts
Nomad

we don't want to have to waste our time trying to find every possible image somewhere else online to prove you own the rights, etc.

Who said you had to look you know a thing called email? o wait then you will think we just saved it to our PC mmm i know what i will do but its for me only. back to this, I make my own stuff if i copy it i will just add/remove some stuff. etc...

And no 1 said you had to waste your time if you want to waste your time and look i will not stop you and i will not make you do anything. So if you do it you did it not not me or anything but you.

wait a sec. if we can not copy right we can not upload any images. why what i been saying you will think its not ours and remove/ban the images or something... What you say?
goldair1
goldair1
158 posts
Nomad

no images with copyright (ie, xbox) will be allowed.

So what is allowed?
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

So what is allowed?

I am making a huge assumption and saying:
"Stuff you thought up yourself and then drew."
As an example, this here:
http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/AG%20Armatar/darkrai3.jpg
might very well not be allowed as it contains a copyrighted character (Nintendo/Gamefreak), even if you drew it yourself, while
http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/AG%20Armatar/ag6-1.jpg
would be all okay as it is both self made and does not contain any copyrighted characters.

However, this is just an assumption. It could quite as well mean the top image is okay as I do own the rights to the image, even though it contains a copyrighted character I am not otherwise claiming to be mine.

Not that I care much, I have my own stuff ready for the chance to upload it anyway.
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Goldair your questions are difficult to understand.

The reason that user-created armatars will not be part of AG3 in the near term is because we have to sort out the legalities of letting users upload art work to AG3, essentially giving us a license to use the artwork as part of our web site. The only way this can happen is knowing that you're not submitting someone ELSE's work.

But even if the artwork looks original, there's still some level of effort we as a company have to put in to ensure that our business is protected if you secretly submit someone else's art and call it your own.

Obvious things like the Coca-Cola logo or Nike logo, etc., those would be very obvious, of course, but it's harder to tell with hard-drawn art.

goldair1
goldair1
158 posts
Nomad

umm ok i think i see... so i can not add this? When i made it?http://myphotostop.webs.com/photos/AMRTS-ArmyMenRTS/Boom%20HQ.bmp

Showing 181-195 of 256