Uksu

Uksu

4 posts

Armor Games V.3 is awesome!

Posted Aug 19, '12 at 5:50pm

ThatGuyOnBroadway

ThatGuyOnBroadway

23 posts

Let's do it like Xbox LIVE! that system is simple and effective (I guess the meaning could be certain benefits in certain games :P). You can get rep based on reviews by other players.

Posted Aug 27, '12 at 6:46pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,693 posts

Knight

You can get rep based on reviews by other players.

Reviews seem unnecessary. I don't think there would be people spending their time reading them. A simple up/down vote system should suffice.

Posted Aug 29, '12 at 7:51am

Jefferysinspiration

Jefferysinspiration

3,138 posts

You can get rep based on reviews by other players.

^ Not to mention this is too big for the likes of forum posts. Writing a review instead of just "Up"-ing a post is way too much effort.

Posted Sep 1, '12 at 11:30pm

sackorice

sackorice

4 posts

I love reputation systems on forums. It's something I personally try to achieve a high rating on.

Posted Sep 2, '12 at 6:39am

Jefferysinspiration

Jefferysinspiration

3,138 posts

I love reputation systems on forums. It's something I personally try to achieve a high rating on.

Well the benefits here is [not implying you are, but as we can so many users are] AP junkies might strive towards getting a good rep, thus putting thought into their posts and not spamming or coming up with very questionable arguments.

Posted Sep 30, '12 at 5:40pm

spikeabc

spikeabc

1,004 posts

Well the benefits here is [not implying you are, but as we can so many users are] AP junkies might strive towards getting a good rep, thus putting thought into their posts and not spamming or coming up with very questionable arguments.

reputation systems will hopefully have some sort of spam blocking system included to it (i'd highly recomend mods to do that). it seems that your reputation will be based off of your forum activity, and many people spam forums with 1 sentence posts (that i hate). jeffery, agreed.

--judgment

Posted Oct 4, '12 at 7:26pm

_Spaz_

_Spaz_

126 posts

I can just imagine bad things with this a "negative karma" bar. If I'm not liked people can just keep giving me bad reputation and that wouldn't allow for a fair chance. I think you should only gain "good karma" and the higher your reputation the more respected you are...

Posted Oct 4, '12 at 7:50pm

Patrick2011

Patrick2011

3,845 posts

I can just imagine bad things with this a "negative karma" bar.

AG3 will not start with negative Reputation. Also, it is unknown whether negative Reputation will be added after launch, so don't worry yet. I like the positive Reputation idea though.

If I'm not liked people can just keep giving me bad reputation and that wouldn't allow for a fair chance.

AG3 will have algorithms to minimize the bias caused by friends and haters.

Posted Oct 4, '12 at 9:01pm

_Spaz_

_Spaz_

126 posts

That sounds a little better! When I meant "negative karma" I meant the dislikes. Sorry for the mix up.

Reply to Reputation System Suggestion

You must be logged in to post a reply!