ForumsNews and FeedbackReputation System Suggestion

344 96493
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Feel free to discuss ideas about the Reputation system, known to some users as the "karma system", although "reputation" is what we'll be calling it on AG3.

The Reputation System may not be present at AG3 launch, but is a high priority post-launch. It will allow other users to participate in ranking your community involvement, to a degree.

We're still open to ideas on it, so feel free to share your thoughts and ideas, and ask any questions.

• 344 Replies
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

[quote]how did u get ur letters to be green

Because he's a moderator.[/quote]

cormyn is an administrator, not a moderator. Moderators get blue text, not green text.

But if nobody has mentioned it there should be a thumbs up / thumbs down or Helpful/ unhelpful for forum posts. which would also contribute to good karma.

I think that will be the basis of the reputation system.
Llamasushi
Llamasushi
102 posts
Peasant

This seems like the same system used in hack forums. Maybe, as well as rating the user we could right a message saying WHY we rated them, as in Hack Forums? Sorry if this idea has already been mentioned, my internet is too slow to go through 21 pages of posts :P

GregButters
GregButters
7 posts
Peasant

I have an idea. (Don't know where it would be better to write it, anyway)
What if we could make "I like" system for comments?
If I like a comment and push the "like" button. And for every 10 likes, the author gets an AP.
??? Just for the difference, you could call it "I agree"-button.
Hope it'll help.

pruimenmoes
pruimenmoes
35 posts
Nomad

I'think thats a great idea

ps:thanks for help bij armatar

pruimenmoes
pruimenmoes
35 posts
Nomad

and I have an idea.everyone that has king in gold as rank
can give one merit per day/week or whatever

devsaupa
devsaupa
1,810 posts
Nomad

and I have an idea.everyone that has king in gold as rank
can give one merit per day/week or whatever

Those merits would add up pretty quickly and could kill their novelty.
patseph710
patseph710
10 posts
Nomad

that's a good point. ideally the people who have those ranks have worked a lot to get them by contributing not useless ideas and such and providing good reviews of games. there are people out there though who believe they can like farm their way to the top, so they have. giving them that would be like in Maplestory how people go around spamming for fame for example. you could have people who give merits to the same person each time. I think there should be a provision for that, and there probably will eventually if that idea is used. those are just examples though honestly I think the merits should remain a novelty so that the people who get them can be proud since it's a pretty nice achievement.

pruimenmoes
pruimenmoes
35 posts
Nomad

I think that it would be great if moderators/administrators
can give other users the power to give merits

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

There won't be merits in AG3 and they've said no before to giving users any power over stuff like that.

M1LKMAN
M1LKMAN
38 posts
Nomad

Why won't there be any merits? Showing good, helpful ratings by granting merits is always good, especially for the developer if they ever drop by and read their comments.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Probably because if people can vote up your comments/posts and you get a lot of votes it's like a merit. No use for merits when you get reputation points from people voting up your stuff.

undelivering
undelivering
65 posts
Nomad

i dont thnk this is a good idea. i know many forums that dont like it.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Why don't you think it's a good idea?

benjaminio
benjaminio
83 posts
Nomad

why would forums not like it? wouldnt it be the other way round? it would make it better rather than worse

undelivering
undelivering
65 posts
Nomad

it will be pointless and people will just spam others to get reputation up

Showing 196-210 of 344