ForumsThe TavernGeneral Relationship Thread

2106 482211
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I've noticed the increase in threads being made about problems with relationships and dating. Now, I have no problem with the subject matter. No, my problem is with the amount of threads people are creating about it.

Judging by all these threads being made about the same thing, it's safe to say it's inevitable for these questions to be asked; and since the answers to these relationship/dating questions are generally very similar, putting all the questions in one thread saves time and posting.

No, this is not a thread where you specifically ask me for advice; I don't know very much about this subject. I'm simply the guy who has created the thread so you can post your questions for anybody to answer.

So if you have a question about dating or relationships, or anything along those lines, ask it here, wait for someone to reply here, and don't make a new thread about it!

• 2,106 Replies
exicoasterpath
exicoasterpath
257 posts
Nomad

The reason why they make different threads is because, although it is generally the same problem, there is some things about the problem that makes it unique. This shouldn't be kept all in one thread, or else it will get jumbled up into a bunch of random comments.

TackyCrazyTNT
TackyCrazyTNT
1,936 posts
Peasant

The reason why they make different threads is because, although it is generally the same problem, there is some things about the problem that makes it unique. This shouldn't be kept all in one thread, or else it will get jumbled up into a bunch of random comments.

And that is why they ask them individually. In posts. On this thread.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

The reason why they make different threads is because, although it is generally the same problem, there is some things about the problem that makes it unique.

That goes without saying. No two people are going to have the exact same problem.

However, most problems are going to be similar enough to have similar solutions. Which is why keeping it to one thread allows people to refer back to previous advice without having to go to different threads.

It's already confusing enough to remember which dating advice thread is which. Having a "master thread" like this one makes it much easier to find old advice from previous questions.
knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

I'm tired of all the relationship questions that spring up in the Tavern. It's unique to AG for some reason.

Oh, and there have been a few large threads revolved around the topic of relationships. Usually boys asking about girls.

jets99
jets99
601 posts
Nomad

thank you that was really getting on my nerves all the stupid relationship advice

MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

This thread has the MRWalker seal of approval. It also means that it gets a shiny orange pushpin xD

Armpit
Armpit
784 posts
Nomad

This reminds me of the "If you have a question about girls" thread. Did that thread get locked? I can't remember.

Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

This thread has the MRWalker seal of approval. It also means that it gets a shiny orange pushpin xD
Great, now no one will ever read it.
loloynage2
loloynage2
4,211 posts
Peasant

Yea the sudden pandemic of does kinds of threads are kinda annoying. Can't people decide on their own? I mean most of relationship problems here are about kids or teens. Get over them, you probably won't see them ever again after school is over. Seriously, figure that **** on your own.

DaoGao
DaoGao
220 posts
Nomad

No one will use this thread. Other threads are made so users instantly see their plea for help, instead of looking in posts

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

No one will use this thread. Other threads are made so users instantly see their plea for help, instead of looking in posts

Thank you for wasting space and contradicting yourself.

I think we realize that this has potential for both good and bad, but unless you are coming here to ask for help or offer some, go away.

I do have a question for you people.

One of my more flirtatious friends has a crush on someone that my other friend has had for a long time. How do I approach the two friends? Because if I leave them to themselves, they are bound to make my life hell by complaining about one another to me.
Ghgt99
Ghgt99
1,894 posts
Nomad

How do I approach the two friends?

Let them figure it out, but if they make your life hell, see if you can hook said crush up with someone else.

Because if I leave them to themselves, they are bound to make my life hell by complaining about one another to me.

Run away, far far away. Or just tell them you won't help them.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

You could overwhelm the crush by putting both your friends in one place with him. Let him choose which one he wants, if either of them.

If he doesn't want either of your friends, you've solved two problems already.

TackyCrazyTNT
TackyCrazyTNT
1,936 posts
Peasant

Here's a question.
My friend keeps going out to lunch with this guy, claiming that she's helping him rediscover love. Yet she also is adamant that she doesn't like him in that way, and I know she's telling the truth. I'm also relatively certain that the guy doesn't really like going out to lunch with her, since he always tries to bring a friend when they do.
Should I tell her?

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

If neither of them like each other in that way, why does she insist on going out with him, and why does he always agree?

I can't help you further until I know the answers to those questions.

Showing 1-15 of 2106