Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

General Relationship Thread

Posted Apr 10, '11 at 4:40am

DaoGao

DaoGao

223 posts

No one will use this thread. Other threads are made so users instantly see their plea for help, instead of looking in posts

Posted Apr 10, '11 at 5:03am

MoonFairy

MoonFairy

3,421 posts

No one will use this thread. Other threads are made so users instantly see their plea for help, instead of looking in posts

Thank you for wasting space and contradicting yourself.

I think we realize that this has potential for both good and bad, but unless you are coming here to ask for help or offer some, go away.

I do have a question for you people.

One of my more flirtatious friends has a crush on someone that my other friend has had for a long time. How do I approach the two friends? Because if I leave them to themselves, they are bound to make my life hell by complaining about one another to me.

Posted Apr 10, '11 at 10:34am

Ghgt99

Ghgt99

1,941 posts

How do I approach the two friends?

Let them figure it out, but if they make your life hell, see if you can hook said crush up with someone else.

Because if I leave them to themselves, they are bound to make my life hell by complaining about one another to me.

Run away, far far away. Or just tell them you won't help them.

Posted Apr 10, '11 at 2:30pm

Ernie15

Ernie15

13,396 posts

Knight

You could overwhelm the crush by putting both your friends in one place with him. Let him choose which one he wants, if either of them.

If he doesn't want either of your friends, you've solved two problems already.

Posted Apr 10, '11 at 2:37pm

TackyCrazyTNT

TackyCrazyTNT

1,955 posts

Here's a question.
My friend keeps going out to lunch with this guy, claiming that she's helping him rediscover love. Yet she also is adamant that she doesn't like him in that way, and I know she's telling the truth. I'm also relatively certain that the guy doesn't really like going out to lunch with her, since he always tries to bring a friend when they do.
Should I tell her?

Posted Apr 10, '11 at 2:39pm

Ernie15

Ernie15

13,396 posts

Knight

If neither of them like each other in that way, why does she insist on going out with him, and why does he always agree?

I can't help you further until I know the answers to those questions.

Posted Apr 10, '11 at 2:40pm

TackyCrazyTNT

TackyCrazyTNT

1,955 posts

She says that he gave up on love, and that she's helping him rediscover it...? She's an only child, so I have a feeling that the guy is going along with it so she won't feel bad.

Posted Apr 10, '11 at 2:43pm

Ernie15

Ernie15

13,396 posts

Knight

Since you know your friend doesn't see him in that way, but you're not entirely sure about the guy, I suggest you talk to him before you talk to her. Just so you can be completely certain about both of them.

Posted Apr 10, '11 at 5:49pm

jets99

jets99

618 posts

awesome it got stickied! good thanks for clearing up all that **** in the tavern! yayyyyyyyy

Posted Apr 10, '11 at 5:56pm

MoonFairy

MoonFairy

3,421 posts

Moon,
I think you should face your fears and talk to them about it. If it scares you to hell, leave them alone. It will help.

These are two of my very best friends. I can't really do that. I have talked to them about it, but they aren't the ones that take blatant information well. But subtle messages aren't doing the job.

I have a plan.

I'm going to hook up the flirtatious one with another guy, and see how it works.

awesome it got stickied! good thanks for clearing up all that **** in the tavern! yayyyyyyyy

I will quote myself. Cause I'm cool like that.

but unless you are coming here to ask for help or offer some, go away.

kthxsbai.

Now Tacky,

Put two and two together.
She is helping him rediscover love. By going out to lunch with her.

Reply to General Relationship Thread

You must be logged in to post a reply!