ForumsNews and FeedbackWhatever you do in AG3 don't change the rank system!

22 7937
Paarfam
Paarfam
1,558 posts
Nomad

Yes, I don't want the rank system touched because it gives "good" players a well deserved rank and "bad" players a not-so-much-wanted-rank. Post your thoughts and feelings about leaving the rank system alone only. All other comments and posts will be removed immediately. I'm aware that some players worked hard to get where they are and don't want "newbies" to hold the same rank as them.

• 22 Replies
Paarfam
Paarfam
1,558 posts
Nomad

I'm also aware that many players wanting to get higher ranks faster will probably spam this thread. With AG's cooperation I'm sure they'll help everyone get a say in what goes on during AG3. I personally would like to have a vote take place like this:
Do you want more a lenient ranking system?
Do you want the rank system untouched?
Do you want a more strict rank system?

Just a thought.

master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

Yes, I don't want the rank system touched because it gives "good" players a well deserved rank and "bad" players a not-so-much-wanted-rank.

First off, not players It's users. Second, the current rank system doesn't tell people if the user is good or bad. If you think having a low rank makes you a bad user, you are a terrible user.

All other comments and posts will be removed immediately.

As long as they are relevant to the topic, that's not up to you.

I'm also aware that many players wanting to get higher ranks faster will probably spam this thread.

Why this spam this thread over any other thread? Besides the mod team and Cormyn monitor all the comments and post and delete spam.

And lastly, the right place to post this is probably here
XVERB
XVERB
3,139 posts
Nomad

it gives "good" players a well deserved rank and "bad" players a not-so-much-wanted-rank

define a "good" and a "bad" player... you don't have to be good at anything to post in the forums, rate games, and post comments. Am i better than you because i have more ap than you?
spjohn
spjohn
10 posts
Jester

I agree with you that deleting AG2's rank system may bring inconvience to original users. But I think the biggest reason for users dislike changing of this system is not "it gives "good" players a well deserved rank and "bad" players a not-so-much-wanted-rank.", but users need to rebuild their rankings in AG3 which is much harder to be advanced.

many players wanting to get higher ranks faster will probably spam this thread.

The new developed "ranking system" is assumed to be "reputation system"([url=http://armorgames.com/community/thread/7374403/ideas-and-discussions-about-reputation-system]) which certainly reduces a lot of spams.
Smokeshow
Smokeshow
69 posts
Peasant

If the delet AG2's rank system our Ap will be gone or they will transfer them?

thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

here is you link!

the new reputation system will work WAY better to lessen spamming.

If the delet AG2's rank system our Ap will be gone or they will transfer them?

read this thread, i t is exactly what you are looking for.
chris7271
chris7271
32 posts
Nomad

I like the ranks, and i really like the armatars that go with them :P
but i feel it is too time wasting to get points.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Do you want a more strict rank system?

I would like for the point system to be more strict. Like you get points for getting to certain parts in a game, you don't get points for rating a game, you don't get points for commenting, you don't get points for posting on the forums, but you do get points if you have good reputation and such, when people vote up your comments and posts.

Also, the points system on AG2 doesn't define good or bad players on the site. Just because you have a lot of points doesn't mean you are a good user. Points are incredibly easy to get in the current state of the site and anyone that wants to spend a mass amount of times on the site can get a lot of points.

I'm sure that the AG Developers have something in-store for us that everyone will enjoy and it'll be somewhat difficult to get points for some people but easier for others.
Besides, Ranks and points are not really important. This is a games website after all.

^I agree with this.
Paarfam
Paarfam
1,558 posts
Nomad

@GhostofMatrix
I have to admit, you've single-handedly changed my opinion about the new system. I read everything about the new system and didn't even know about this, you definitely pay more attention to these things than I do.
Thank you.

master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

it tells you how ACTIVE the user is.

Not necessarily how active the user is, more like how much he has contributed to the website. Users like firetail don't go on anymore but still have extremely high ranks.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Not necessarily how active the user is, more like how much he has contributed to the website. Users like firetail don't go on anymore but still have extremely high ranks.

Contributing to the site is being active. He didn't get to be number on this site by not being active. He used to be very active around the site but that activity gradually went down.
master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

Contributing to the site is being active. He didn't get to be number on this site by not being active. He used to be very active around the site but that activity gradually went down.

I know, what i was saying is that he isn't active anymore. He contributed a lot to the site when he was active but even though he is not active anymore he still has a high rank. So it doesn't necessarily tell you "how ACTIVE the user is" it tells you that the user was active and has contributed a lot.
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

This is partly why we were looking at the idea of a "decaying" reputation ... if you have a bad reputation, or a really great reputation, over time, your reputation would sway back to a neutral value, so users like firetail_madness who have been incredibly active in the past but not so much lately, wouldn't have as much reputation 6 months or a year later, because they haven't contributed anything.

Whether we actually implement it like that, I don't know.

To stay on topic, I'll direct all reputation-related chatter to go in this thread.

As far as the user ranks go, we'll probably pair the new AP system AND the Reputation system to determine a rank. Honestly, we haven't even discussed the ranks as part of AG3.

qwerty1011
qwerty1011
554 posts
Peasant

I think changing it would be nice and like adding some lower ranks and adding like an emperor rank which needs tonnes of points so no one has the maximum rank yet. It would probably make people use AG more to get a better rank.

Ghgt99
Ghgt99
1,894 posts
Nomad

wouldn't have as much reputation 6 months or a year later, because they haven't contributed anything.

Actually firetail has made at least a dozen posts in the last few months.
Showing 1-15 of 22