ForumsArt, Music, and WritingAdventures of AG : A State of Emergency

285 62375
MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

OKAY! So.
As a few may already know, Tacky and I are making an adventure of sorts. Who knows what it will lead to?
BUT! Here is your chance to become a part of something that could very well take off and wind itself in the history of AG!

Here is the template that we have figured so far.

Picture, optional.
Nickname: So we can call you easier.
What you are: Fairy, Bunny, etc.etc.
Description of your characters look
Description of your characters personality
And how have you contributed to any section of the Forums.

Thank you, and we will probably upload a bit of it tonight, if not tomorrow.

Let's make this work! Woot!

• 285 Replies
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

4. WTF happened to your SHIFT key?!

I was listening to Skrillex and the bass dropped so hard it broke.

okay okay, I'll stop bumping this thread and get on with the business of finishing up my own thing that's been hanging around so long it's starting to smell bad...
ProfessorOak
ProfessorOak
993 posts
Nomad

I was listening to Skrillex and the bass dropped so hard it broke.

You just earned +1 respect for me, sir.
Have you ever listened to 'chipstep'? I doubt you have. It's using old gameboy hardware and it's sound chip to make music, specifically dubstep. Hence Chipstep. A great demonstration. Credit to BEASTMODE for the tune.
--
Back on topic
Like almost everyone else has said, school > us.
MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

Snow days? We don't get snow. The last official time it snowed here was 10 years ago.

School ends next week for me.

Anyways... I swear on all things delicious, Tacky and I will have an update by the end of next week.

master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

Add in me into the story and tell about how i stole Frank from you

1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

When did this thread start talking about school?

Anyway, is it too late to sign up? And if it isn't then where do I submit my character sheet?

Seems like and interesting story right now. I can't wait to read the next part.

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

I can't wait to read the next part.

Join the club! I can't wait either! Oh, wait, Darn.

SO!
As soon as I'm finished with these comments and the forums stuff, I will open my email that I have been avoiding completely >

Then... there will be story.
Nurvana
Nurvana
2,522 posts
Farmer

We don't get snow.

You're right, we get 50% of ice days
TackyCrazyTNT
TackyCrazyTNT
1,936 posts
Peasant

I hope you guys know I'm risking being grounded for this. :b
Also, if there are typos, sorry. :/

Bunneh, Nurvana, Oak, Wolf, Q, Death, jeol, Danny, Strop, Tacky and Moon spiral through the flashing portal. Numbers and codes flash on all sides, and it's impossible to tell which way is up or down.
"AHHHHHHHHHHHHH" Everyone screams, clutching onto each other for dear life. Tacky squeezes her eyes shut, and jeol's bunny ears quiver in fearful anticipation. After what seems like eternity, the hurtling slows down and the group starts to float towards a circle of light glowing on the side of the portal. The sounds of shouting and cheerful laughter enaminate from the hole. Dan extends a hand to reach through the circle when suddenly his eyes widen. THere's a screeching noise the group starts to fall again.
"Oops." He says, eyes wide, and the team crashes through a different gate and onto the cold hard cobble stone. "Oh, no." Danny quickly scrambles upright and looks around, panic on his features.
Strop leaps up and places a sturdy hand on Danny's shoulder. "What." He grumbles. "Did you do?"
The programmer fidgets and looks down at his feet. "I might have coded the portal wrong..."
"What?!" There's a collected exclamation from the winded team. Moon glares at Danny, hands glowing with fiery anger.
"We...might be in the wrong time period."
"So where are we?" Strop narrows his eyes.
Danny looks terrified. "..I don't know." He whispers meekly.
Strop sighs. There's a pause as the group dusts themselves off and stands up, waiting expectantly for orders from the lone moderator. "Let's..eh..keep walking."
The group wanders down the abandoned streets. They make their way past an empty WEPR, save for a few stragglers, and what seems to be an early version of the AMW. "Weird." They mutter. The Forums look completely different than they do in the present time period; no stickies and there appeared to be missing forums.
Slowly, as they make their way towards where the Tavern should be, a rumbling noise echoes through the streets. It gets louder, and louder, until it escalates into a thundering roar and the team is face to face with what seems to be a war.
Strop's eyes widen. "I think I know where we are." He mutters. He quickly turns to Danny and whispers something in his ear. Then he says aloud: "Danny, when do you think you'll be able to get us to the right time? To set up all the codes?"
Danny clears his throat nervously. "I'd have to say a few hours..."
Strop curses under his breath and taps his chin, thinking. "We need someone to go scout out the area...I need to confirm that we're...here."
Tacky raises her hand, as do Bunneh, Oak and Moon. "We'll head out and check out the place." Tacky offers, and she and Moon take off at breakneck pace towards the meelee. Oak and Bunneh look at each other and head off as well, grinning with excitement.
"The rest of you make sure Danny doesn't get hurt while he codes. If he gets too injured to go on or gets distracted and messes up..." Strop frowns. "We might not be able to go back to our time."
"Where are YOU going, Strop?" asks Nurvana impatiently.
"I need to check out the Moderator's Forum." replies the mod, and takes off in the opposite direction.
Nurv groans. "Great."

Tacky and Moon end up in the middle of the conflict. Flaming resonates through the crowd, and angry rioters yell and jeer as the moderators lash out with their banhammers. Moon glances around. "I think I know where we are...I've heard of this event before." She narrowly dodges a stream of fire and returns it with a flick of her hand.
Tacky, relatively new, frowns. "When are we? Where?"
"The Great Flame War." Moon pauses for a moment as the two fight their way out of the crowd, knives and magic flashing. They settle down in a quieter area, where it isn't quite so loud. They watch the battle for a few more minutes.
"What's that?" asks Tacky, sitting down on a curb.
"I don't know too much...but it was a thread of some sort that got out of control. Flaming and all that. I didn't know it was this big..." Moon shoots a stream of magic into the battlefield, extinguishing a few flames.
"We should tell Strop." Tacky states, standing again and readying herself to fight back through the crowd.
"Yeah." agrees Moon and the two launch themselves into battle.
Tacky stabs a small troll and throws it into a fire-ball. "I have to say." She joked. "My ears are getting singed."
Moon chuckles as she lifts a particularily rowdy user above her head. "Tell me about it. My wings are fryin' here." She hurls the unsuspecting rioter into the air. "I'd have to say-"
A net closes around the two girls. "Oh, no." groans Moon.
The moderator glances at them. "Two new faces." He sighs. "It's always the new ones that get caught flaming first."
"Oh, no sir, you see-" tries Tacky but he cuts her off impatiently. It's obvious he's been fighting off flamers all day. His clothes are singed and his tail is still slightly smoking.
"Take your plea somewhere else." He growls and raises his banhammer high.
"Shizz." mutter Tacky and Moon in unison.

Oak and Bunneh, after a few minutes of fighting aimlessly through the thread, decide that they are not the best choices for scouts. Not because of their fighting abilities, but because they are both somewhat new to AG history.
"I" says Bunneh, kicking a user in the gut and dodging a fire-ball "Have no idea where we are."
"Me neither." states Oak. He blasts a pixellated bullet and catches a rogue troll in the head.
"We should probably head back..."
"Yeah..."
After a few more minutes of fighting, they find themselves in a dark alley. "Oh, boy." groans Bunneh. "Where are we?"
"No idea."
They walk down the alley for a few more minutes, whispering.
A loud, powerful voice echoes through the hall. "Why are you here?"
"Uh...uh...who are you?"
"We're...visitors..."
The figure steps into the light. "I'm Carlie, of course. Administrator of Armor Games."

idontsuckthatmuch
idontsuckthatmuch
2,270 posts
Nomad

Yay! Story!

Thanks for risking your neck to bring us the story. ;D

Just don't try it again. We don't want the story to stop now.

Paarfam
Paarfam
1,558 posts
Nomad

Okay, I give in. I wanna be a part of this.

Nurvana
Nurvana
2,522 posts
Farmer

The flame war... *grows pale*

Well done Tacky; good addition.

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

WOO!

Okay, might as well tell you all now, this update is all Tacky's doing. I couldn't write and try to finish school at the same time, so I just told Tacky to do whatever. I had no part in writing this update, so AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALL of the credit for how flipping amazing this one is (no kidding, it kinda had me on the edge of my seat) goes to THE ONE AND ONLY TACKY!

NOW! An update FOR SURE will come by the end of this week, if not today. Be happy!

Parfaam, I dunno if you have emailed yet, haven't checked. But there is a little template you can fill out on the first page, fill that out, and post it on here, or email it AdventuresOfArmorGames@yahoo.com.

Paarfam
Paarfam
1,558 posts
Nomad

Nickname: Paar
What you are: Old man
Look: My Armatar. About 6 ft.
Personality: Angry, old, but still loves a good time.
Contribution: All of you, except maybe Moon and the one or two others, have seen me 'round.

TackyCrazyTNT
TackyCrazyTNT
1,936 posts
Peasant

Thanks, Moon!
I'm sure yours will be twice as good.

Paarfam, you have to write more information or we'll just write you in very briefly.

Thanks to both Nurv and Bunneh!
Encouragement is greatly needed! :b

Nurvana
Nurvana
2,522 posts
Farmer

Thanks to both Nurv and Bunneh!
Encouragement is greatly needed! :b

I complimented you? *checks* By God I did.... that's strange...
Showing 151-165 of 285