ForumsNews and FeedbackSUPER KARMA!

31 7765
Krizaz
Krizaz
2,399 posts
Nomad

Hello.

You may know me from the review of AG3, or from the fact I have about 1,600 posts, but whatever you may know, I'm here to jam something great into your guts and make you bleed ideas.

I've heard that AG3 will have a Karma system, and because as far I know there is no way to distribute this Karma, why don't I start with an idea. So my idea is...

What if we got 1 Karma to distribute for each 100 post we had, that way people would be encouraged to post on the forums people would get frustrated that they can only give 1 Karma point, so thats why they woud want to post more often. Of course, people under 100 post wouldn't get to give ay Karma, but thats the point, let them get to know people in the forum before they get to give Karma.

Plus, it's a possibility... But was John giving us a hint when we would get Karma for racing online in Exit Path 2... Oo?

http://s3.amazonaws.com/cramster-image/blog/thumb.jpg

• 31 Replies
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,349 posts
Bard

I like this idea. I don't want this forum to be like Kongregate, where you get no form of points from posting. Even 1/100 of a point is better than no points at all.

This is me speaking as an AP economist, not an AP farmer.

idontsuckthatmuch
idontsuckthatmuch
2,270 posts
Nomad

At first, when I read the thread, I thought it was really supposed to be pronounced KKK Karma.

Whoops.

Anyway, I do like the idea.

Did you send it to Get Satisfaction yet?

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

What if we got 1 Karma to distribute for each 100 post we had, that way people would be encouraged to post on the forums

I'd rather have it when you get your posts up-voted by other users you get more Karma or whatever.
I like this idea. I don't want this forum to be like Kongregate, where you get no form of points from posting.

I'd like to have it like that. Getting points from games - then reputation/karma from community involvement.

I like the idea of getting points from games - getting karma/reputation from the forums.
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

Wouldn't this idea increase spam somewhat? I think so because it will encourage quantity, and the fastest way to get a high quantity of posts is spam. Besides, I think Reputation will be fine without this idea.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,349 posts
Bard

Getting points from games - then reputation/karma from community involvement.

When I said "form of points", I sort of implied that karma would be included in that category.

Wouldn't this idea increase spam somewhat?

I don't think anybody is desperate enough to post 100 spam posts just for 1 karma point. Especially if they know they're just going to get banned for it.
master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

Wouldn't this idea increase spam somewhat? I think so because it will encourage quantity, and the fastest way to get a high quantity of posts is spam.

How would it differ from the point system here? You can't spam to gain points now and you can't spam to gain karma there.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

I don't think anybody is desperate enough to post 100 spam posts just for 1 karma point.

People would do things like that because having a high posts count and getting a karma point for it would complete them. Just like on Kongregate - in the Off-topic section, people only posts mainly to get a higher posts count in there. So, people could easily write 100 half thought out posts on AG to avoid it getting called spam. But at the same time they would get a point for it.
You can't spam to gain points now

You can - and many people do it.
Krizaz
Krizaz
2,399 posts
Nomad

n the Off-topic section, people only posts mainly to get a higher posts count in there.

Why don't they just make that section not give post count? We would have areas for Spammy stuff, such as Forum Games that don't give post for Karma.
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

We would have areas for Spammy stuff, such as Forum Games that don't give post for Karma.

That is a good idea, but the rules still apply. The admins have already said no to a "Spammerland."
ProfessorOak
ProfessorOak
993 posts
Nomad

I don't think anybody is desperate enough to post 100 spam posts just for 1 karma point. Especially if they know they're just going to get banned for it.

I was thinking the same thing. By the time you actually reach 100 posts of spam, you would have already been banned a long time before you could reach that.
I'm excited for the new stuff in AG3!
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,349 posts
Bard

Just like on Kongregate - in the Off-topic section, people only posts mainly to get a higher posts count in there.

The AG forums will never end up like those of Kongregate. Kongregate is loaded with foolish people and lacks both an efficient moderation team and a sufficient set of rules. If people spam in AG2 they get banned. Why would that change in AG3?
Krizaz
Krizaz
2,399 posts
Nomad

That is a good idea, but the rules still apply. The admins have already said no to a "Spammerland."

Well, obviously, but Forum Games would just be an area where people can do that, bad example. I'm just going off Ernie 'why would people post 100 times for 1 Karma point?'.
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

If people spam in AG2 they get banned. Why would that change in AG3?

That won't change, but AG3 will be even better for various reasons, including a smart Reputation system.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Why don't they just make that section not give post count?

I don't know for sure, maybe you should ask the Administrators over there about it.

I think it's because it doesn't really matter and they don't want to change things.

Honestly, I think you should get posts from every sub-forum on AG.
The AG forums will never end up like those of Kongregate.

Look at off-topic on Kongregate - then look at the tavern on AG.
If people spam in AG2 they get banned. Why would that change in AG3?

Not always and there are different types of spam. I could easily go through most of the sub-forums and put in a half thought out post in each thread on the first page if I cared enough about the posts count. And people do stuff like this.

Another things is - you can't ban people for spamming the ratings of games.

The voting up feature will most likely discourage spamming - but I think people will posts a lot if they are rewarded with that one point.

Just like you get points from all the things you do on the site already, people do comment a lot with users for points, go on a rate campaign for points.
'why would people post 100 times for 1 Karma point?'

I explained it on the previous page.
master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

You can - and many people do it.

There is a (very) small difference between dumb, unintelligible posts and spam.

Look at off-topic on Kongregate - then look at the tavern on AG.

I can't tell if you are supporting or arguing his statement but the off topic forums on Kong are immeasurably worse than the tavern here.
Showing 1-15 of 31