ForumsNews and FeedbackAG levels

17 5105
Rosemary16
Rosemary16
151 posts
Peasant

I wonder what it would be like if you had a bar above your armotar that determines your level. You would also level up after getting so many AP.

• 17 Replies
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

That would be like the AG2 ranking system, but would be shown in a different way. I would rather have such a ranking system look like the one on AG2.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

That's kind of like Kongregate. When you go to your profile page it shows the level you have. You get that level by getting badges among other things.

Well, if AG is going to introduce achievements/badges(shields) for games around the site then I would like the idea of it.

I like the idea.

I would rather have such a ranking system look like the one on AG2.

I don't like it - you have a hat in a colored square then the hats on your profile.

I'd prefer a little of both, honestly. Maybe you can have a level then you can choose a hat out of the selection that you have.
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

Maybe you can have a level then you can choose a hat out of the selection that you have.

The second part would be like the armatars.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

The second part would be like the armatars.

In a way, yes. Since you can choose out of the selection you have - and you can choose out of the selection of Armatars.

I like the idea because I don't like the hats that are assigned when you reach a rank - a bad thing about it is that maybe people could confuse your rank with another. However, with levels it shouldn't be confused since you'll have a level and a hat.

I would like to be able to choose the Iron Lord hat, just saying.
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

We've also talked about having 'hover' boxes that appear if you hover over someone's armatar, which will give you controls to friend/follow them, show their level, points, rank, whatever. We haven't finalized the design yet.

Rosemary16
Rosemary16
151 posts
Peasant

To make this unique, i think you may want to put animations into the level bar. If these is possible/feasible to AG, maybe you can implement this.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

No, I doubt we'll have little animations like that.

KyahcoSukaimasutae
KyahcoSukaimasutae
311 posts
Nomad

hmmm well we could do rank for Ap (bagees echevments) and level for rep! but pop up boxes sounds nice that would get rid of all that white space in the name part of posts (i'm a spriter (well more was don't as much with programming) so whitespace anounys me....lol)but animations...meh... no makes it to slow (but sounds cool, but piontless). i like the idea!

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

I don't think we'd do a 'level' for reputation. Your total "AG score" would be dictate any rank we assign.

KyahcoSukaimasutae
KyahcoSukaimasutae
311 posts
Nomad

I don't think we'd do a 'level' for reputation. Your total "AG score" would be dictate any rank we assign.

why? it would make any esay system and you could ad achevements and bages for your app by geting to sertant levels, the would be more of gaols than a rank it would not count for any thing but you reputation and any achement would take good behavor to get and would be well earned.

see i don't see a piont in ranks and levels they both ar from Ap and both happen when you get a creant amount of it so why have both? why not add one to rep that way if you a good boy you get a reward! then it will make every one whant to be a good boy so the get that reward! and they can't cheat rep like app with spam and such it takes time and effort to get rep so only the people realy deterened with AG and are always on good or exlent behavore get a reward! it is a "be nice and share and care and you'll get good out of it!" i mean some poeple like being good cuz that is how things are, but some poeple don't if you give them a reason to then they will and will learn i the prosses that doing bad was not as fun as they though, and it will kill trolling little by little! i know i'm get to in-depth with it but just trying to show you the idea of it not all of that is true all the time but it work some of the time a every drop in the buttet helps... but your the boos so do with my idae as you wish.
Dregus2
Dregus2
502 posts
Blacksmith

I wonder what it would be like if you had a bar above your armotar that determines your level. You would also level up after getting so many AP.

That was came up on another thread but I think it was denied. But dont rush to get AP because the AP count will be reset when AGv3 comes anyways.
Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

What if there could be separate levels and then one master level on your profile?
Ex. (based on post count)Forums: noob-rookie-member-veteran-legend
(Achievement Score?)Gaming: regular point system
(Based on overall activity)Overall: (Rank/tier/similar ideas)

destruction101
destruction101
115 posts
Nomad

Well I do not think that this will happen, because when Armor Games V.3 launches armor points will be no more, because there will be a totally different awards system called Karma. (They were still developing a name so it probably is not Karma)

TheSquidNation
TheSquidNation
80 posts
Nomad

is there any ball park guess as to when AG3 comes out? because if they are starting over then that defeats the purpose of being social and trying to gain AP on the site right now...

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

^

Doesn't defeat the purpose of being social.
Enjoying the games on this website and offering feedback should be reward enough. The community and the friends you make area great bonus too. AP is a good system, but should not be the basis of using the site, in my opinion.

The level thing i've seen mentioned before too. & I quite like Joes idea.

The "100 points to Gold Squire" idea i think would just be extra work for the admins. We've seen how easily available the explaination of the rank system is here. You have it on the about, on the newcomers forum, support and suggestions, numerous peoples profiles & people ask/are answered.

It just requires ten seconds of math to figure out how far you are away from a next level.

Showing 1-15 of 17