ForumsPopular Mediasuggestions for rock bands?

22 4262
thaggard53
thaggard53
808 posts
Nomad

i need suggestions for rock bands because all my music is beginning to get boring. Please don't post bands that all they do is scream because i detest those kinds of bands. Thank you very much

• 22 Replies
XCoheedX
XCoheedX
922 posts
Scribe

Well you could look around in some of the music forums, but I have a few.
Coheed and Cambria - I love almost every song that they have. They are more of a progressive rock band. Lead vocalist, Claudio Sanchez sings kind of high, so it might sound really weird. This is a band that you either like or dislike. Not much middle ground.

Bullet for My Valentine - You said that you don't like bands that scream all the time, but these guys only scream half the time! When Vocalist Mike Padget sings the other half, it is something to here. He has a great voice, and the music of the guitars and drums are great to listen to.

BASHA
BASHA
660 posts
Nomad

listen to disturbed saliva and KoRn(they don't yell all the time and when they're not, it's really good)

Butters
Butters
918 posts
Nomad

Im a real metalhead but there is 1 rock band i like and thats The Hellacopters,look them up,they are great

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Aww, somebody getting sick of Punk? xD

Here's my (slightly tongue-in-cheek) suggestion: TrustCompany. You thought Linkin Park, My Chemical Romance, Three Days' Grace, and StainD were emo?

Well, you were wrong! The Lonely Position of Neutral has gotta be the most infective album I have ever listened to. And they don't scream all that much!

Waterpologuy
Waterpologuy
227 posts
Nomad

Try avenged sevenfold! They have some pretty awesome songs out...

drunkendodo
drunkendodo
135 posts
Nomad

Don't really know what you're already listening to but everyone seems to like the Red Hot Chili Peppers and Pearl Jam. You could also try some older Smashing Pumpkins. If you don't mind older stuff try Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, and AC/DC. One more suggestion, if you like metal and don't mind if it's in another language, try Rammstein. They really don't scream and they're the band that got me into metal.

godofsalt
godofsalt
49 posts
Nomad

try group x - they are not much of a rock band but funny as hell

Captian_EO
Captian_EO
172 posts
Nomad

Try David Bowie, his style is called glitter rock.

MetallicAMan
MetallicAMan
34 posts
Nomad

Metallica

drakokirby
drakokirby
1,651 posts
Shepherd

Add a bit of Foo Fighters, Queen, and maybe Dragon Force.

bobism
bobism
20 posts
Nomad

Van Halen doesn't scream at all

Floormatthew
Floormatthew
24 posts
Nomad

godsmack is a bit loud
MSI dont scream but it weirds my friend out and might not count as rock but they are awesome

Ninjacube
Ninjacube
584 posts
Nomad

Try
Kansas, REO Speedwagon, David Bowie, or if your band is very vocally talented, Queen.

Kingjelly
Kingjelly
70 posts
Nomad

Everyone suggesting old bands has got it right. Listen to the old stuff, its the best. Personally i would suggest some 90's stuff, bands like Soundgarden and Alice in Chains
try listening to "Black hole sun" and "Spoonman" by soundgarden, and "Rooster" and "Man in the Box" by Alice in Chains. its good stuff

thaggard53
thaggard53
808 posts
Nomad

wow good suggestions, and kingofjelly, it's weird because spoonman and black hole sun are the only two soundgarden songs i know

Showing 1-15 of 22