ForumsNews and FeedbackAchievements Suggestion

484 140651
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Hey everyone,

Here's a sticky thread to put achievement-based ideas and discussion.

Our plan is to engage game developers to send us periodic information about your game play, such as how many castles you've toppled in Crush the Castle, or how many times your dinosaur jumped in Treadmillasaurus Rex, etc. and that these pieces of information would accumulate to award you 'achievements' on AG3.

We're actively designing and building the achievement system right now, so as we have information, we'll share it here, but we're welcome to listen to ideas and feedback along the way.

• 484 Replies
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I shared about 700 custom castles in the CTC2 and CTC2PE will this count as well?

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Oops I meant CTC2 and CTC2PP PE. Sorry.

TheChromeDrone
TheChromeDrone
1 posts
Peasant

Here's an idea:
Everytime you get an achievement, you'll get Armor Points depending on it's difficulty.

It would be great if you did this, but anyways Achievements are still cool.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

Here's an idea:
Everytime you get an achievement, you'll get Armor Points depending on it's difficulty.

It would be great if you did this, but anyways Achievements are still cool.

That's what achievements will do in AG3. You should read the stickies more carefully.
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Er, Patrick, don't commit us to things please. We've never stated that points would be awarded when achivements were given and that the quantity of points would reflect the difficulty of the achievement...

Phyco
Phyco
41 posts
Nomad

Ask the game designers to put in at least 5 achievements per game.
completing these achievements will get u rewards (No Da) 1 per achievement.
3 rewards will be for the game itself.
2 rewards will relate to your profile.
EG: 1 will unlock that games armatar album.
1 will put a special badge next to your account image saying u have completed the game or unlocked the achievement. ( these badges can be removed so you can only display the ones you are really poud of)

dillsoccer
dillsoccer
147 posts
Nomad

i think the achievements should be like Kongregate.The way you can earn achievements by completing tasks in a game

jmanpwnage1
jmanpwnage1
12 posts
Nomad

i think it would be cool if u get AP 4 beating games like Crush the Castle or Achievement Unlocked, etc. instead of just achievements 4 AP.

greentrev106
greentrev106
181 posts
Shepherd

I think there should be badges for games, like on miniclip.com. And you could earn armatars and armor points for certain achievments that are hard.

Blkasp
Blkasp
1,308 posts
Nomad

Achievements such as: 1000 Posts on forum or 1000 games rated or 1000 game comments, that stuff is more intresting to me, and possibly more towards the people who enjoy the forum side of AG, having debates, finding others opinions, etc.

I know I find the forums quite engaging and intresting to post in.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Ask the game designers to put in at least 5 achievements per game.

All we can do is make the tools available. It's ultimately up to the game developer to build them into the game. Adding them into a game will probably add a substantial influence whether the game is added to the site. But we cannot *force* developers to use it if they don't want to.

i think the achievements should be like Kongregate.The way you can earn achievements by completing tasks in a game

This is similar to what we're building. But it'll be much more involved than what Kong has.

it would be cool if u get AP 4 beating games like Crush the Castle or Achievement Unlocked, etc. instead of just achievements 4 AP.

We've never said you'd gain achievements on AG3 by gaining AP on AG3. We have said that you will get some special achievements based on your AG2 points, but once AG3 is up and running, your points will no longer influence your achievements.

there should be badges for games, like on miniclip.com. And you could earn armatars and armor points for certain achievments that are hard.

This is pretty close to what we've planned. You might unlock special armatars for beating a game, you'll most certainly gain achievements throughout the game (if the developer builds the game to do so). "Armor Points" will have much less influence and impact on your AG3 experience than they do here on AG2.

Achievements such as: 1000 Posts on forum or 1000 games rated or 1000 game comments, that stuff is more intresting to me

We haven't decided yet whether we'll continue to give achievements after AG3 launches for things like community involvement.
Holladay15
Holladay15
3,671 posts
Nomad

Ok, I sort of have a couple ideas of achievements but, first let me give out my idea of what achievements should be, in other words my opinion. I think that achievements should be worth AP points, perhaps a new armatar or reputation points that is if the AG3 will have reputation points because what is the point of an achievement if there is no rewards, am I right? But, yeah Phyco's idea of higher difficulty= higher reward makes sense perhaps something like this.

Rate 100 games, make 100 comments and make 100 forum post= 2 AP points

I say only two because it really is not that hard to make 100 of each of those things but, doesn't have to be two could be maximum 10 AP

Rate 500 games, make 500 comments and make 500 forum posts= 10 AP

Rate 1000 games, make 1000 comments and make 1000 forum posts= 20 AP

ect.

Now, making threads perhaps the thread creator gets a achievement for the thread reaching a certain amount of page for example

your thread made 10 page= 2 AP

it made 100= 20

ect.

Of course there is a limit like they don't keep receiving achievements for repeatedly getting to 1,500 and over it stop also, they won't get another same achievement for having 2 threads with 10 that would be foolish but, perhaps they might get an achievement for example,

you made 100 thread that has at least 10 pages = achievement

you made 10 threads with at least 100 pages = achievement

you made 5 threads with at least 1000 pages = achievement

things like that. Any thoughts?

Holladay15
Holladay15
3,671 posts
Nomad

oh, cormyn my apologies, a lot of the things I posted in my comment you answered a couple already. I did not realize there was a second page.

Rosemary16
Rosemary16
151 posts
Peasant

Ok, I sort of have a couple ideas of achievements but, first let me give out my idea of what achievements should be, in other words my opinion. I think that achievements should be worth AP points, perhaps a new armatar or reputation points that is if the AG3 will have reputation points because what is the point of an achievement if there is no rewards, am I right? But, yeah Phyco's idea of higher difficulty= higher reward makes sense perhaps something like this.
Rate 100 games, make 100 comments and make 100 forum post= 2 AP points
I say only two because it really is not that hard to make 100 of each of those things but, doesn't have to be two could be maximum 10 AP
Rate 500 games, make 500 comments and make 500 forum posts= 10 AP
Rate 1000 games, make 1000 comments and make 1000 forum posts= 20 AP
ect.
Now, making threads perhaps the thread creator gets a achievement for the thread reaching a certain amount of page for example
your thread made 10 page= 2 AP
it made 100= 20
ect.
Of course there is a limit like they don't keep receiving achievements for repeatedly getting to 1,500 and over it stop also, they won't get another same achievement for having 2 threads with 10 that would be foolish but, perhaps they might get an achievement for example,
you made 100 thread that has at least 10 pages = achievement
you made 10 threads with at least 100 pages = achievement
you made 5 threads with at least 1000 pages = achievement
things like that. Any thoughts?

Or you could just get points for creating important and not get points for spam to encourage AG3 users not to spam.
Rosemary16
Rosemary16
151 posts
Peasant

I mean important comments. I'm sorry for the double-post, but I cannot revise posts.

Showing 1-15 of 484