ForumsNews and FeedbackAchievements Suggestion

484 141257
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Hey everyone,

Here's a sticky thread to put achievement-based ideas and discussion.

Our plan is to engage game developers to send us periodic information about your game play, such as how many castles you've toppled in Crush the Castle, or how many times your dinosaur jumped in Treadmillasaurus Rex, etc. and that these pieces of information would accumulate to award you 'achievements' on AG3.

We're actively designing and building the achievement system right now, so as we have information, we'll share it here, but we're welcome to listen to ideas and feedback along the way.

• 484 Replies
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

But I've read things about special achievements for moderators and a special achievement for firetail_madness... those aren't gettable by "normal" players, right?

Those are legacy achievements, and they will not award AP.
Jensiboy
Jensiboy
15 posts
Nomad

Alright, that explains it, thank you both.

_DarkNova_
_DarkNova_
1 posts
Nomad

does eberygame give u points?

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

does eberygame give u points?

No. Achievements will only be for games in which the developer chooses to include them.
jkl3848
jkl3848
242 posts
Peasant

Are they actually going to add achievements, or this just all talk?

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Are they actually going to add achievements, or this just all talk?

Read the last part of Cormyn's opening post.
Reaperspin
Reaperspin
5 posts
Farmer

All these ideas sounds good!

TheGr8est
TheGr8est
704 posts
Nomad

Armor Games is like, the most addicting game site on the web,
and with achievments, it would be OFF THE HOOK!!!

Its such a good idea!

Naoto1994
Naoto1994
19 posts
Nomad

I think that there should be community based achievements and in-game task achievements. Since both are key parts of AG, users that are active on either or both sides should be able to obtain their recognitions.

In addition to just achievements, perhaps some armatars that are only available through community based achievements and others for in-game achievements would be a nice plus. For the in-game task based achievements, I think that developers should be able to create avatars(which will have to go through inspection by the AG staff) and have them as rewards to those who obtain the achievements of their games.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

I think that there should be community based achievements and in-game task achievements. Since both are key parts of AG, users that are active on either or both sides should be able to obtain their recognitions.

In-game achievements are planned, but community involvement will be rewarded with Reputation instead of achievements.

In addition to just achievements, perhaps some armatars that are only available through community based achievements and others for in-game achievements would be a nice plus. For the in-game task based achievements, I think that developers should be able to create avatars(which will have to go through inspection by the AG staff) and have them as rewards to those who obtain the achievements of their games.

See above for community based achievements, but for in-game achievements, I think there will be game-based armatars which may or may not be unlocked through achievements.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,349 posts
Bard

No. Achievements will only be for games in which the developer chooses to include them.

What about games created a number of years ago in which the developer is no longer in contact with the community? Will there just not be achievements for those games, or will the decision fall upon the AG staff as to whether or not they choose to add achievements to a certain game?
killerplayah
killerplayah
7 posts
Nomad

i agree woth blkasp but you should also get achievements for playing the most games as i have been on AG for at least 3 years and as you can see my rank is low and i joined only a year from now as i wanted to play online games so it looks like to me that those who play games are lower ranks than those who spam the forums [i]

Migap011
Migap011
4 posts
Nomad

I think its cool to get Ap by done achievements from games!

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

i agree woth blkasp but you should also get achievements for playing the most games as i have been on AG for at least 3 years and as you can see my rank is low and i joined only a year from now as i wanted to play online games so it looks like to me that those who play games are lower ranks than those who spam the forums [i]

The purpose of achievements and reputation is so users can display their activity in both aspects of the site: gaming and forums.
thunderoxys
thunderoxys
6 posts
Nomad

are the game makers implementing this in there games?

Showing 331-345 of 484