ForumsNews and FeedbackAchievements Suggestion

484 141469
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Hey everyone,

Here's a sticky thread to put achievement-based ideas and discussion.

Our plan is to engage game developers to send us periodic information about your game play, such as how many castles you've toppled in Crush the Castle, or how many times your dinosaur jumped in Treadmillasaurus Rex, etc. and that these pieces of information would accumulate to award you 'achievements' on AG3.

We're actively designing and building the achievement system right now, so as we have information, we'll share it here, but we're welcome to listen to ideas and feedback along the way.

• 484 Replies
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

are the game makers implementing this in there games?

If they decide to, yes. But it will depend upon the developer to put them into the game, not the Administration/AG.
itamar12
itamar12
6 posts
Nomad

i think, as a player that spend days and nights, by trying to submit the highest score and put my self as the 1st on the all time board,
as dissimilar from a player that just play the for the agp, that i should get a reword for the high achievement.
i sagest that every game that have a high score board, the top10 will reword by extra AGP and the top3 will reword by a cup icon in the profile board by the game logo.
the rewords should be: 1st place - gold cup + 500 AGP
2nd place - silver cup + 350 AGP
3rd place - bronze cup + 250 AGP
4th PLACE - 175 AGP
5th place - 150 AGP
6st place - 125 AGP
7th place - 100 AGP
8th place - 75 AGP
9th place - 50 AGP
10th place - 25 AGP
THE CUPS THAT YOU EARN WILL BE A PART OF YOUR PROFILE.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,349 posts
Bard

i sagest that every game that have a high score board

Not every game here is high score-friendly. And the games that are, with the exception of the older ones, already have a high score list built into the AG system.

the rewords should be: 1st place - gold cup + 500 AGP...

Again, this would not work. One user could beat his own first place score, for example, 10 times, which would give him 5000 points in addition to the 500 points he earned the first time he submitted a first place score.

This would apply to any scores achieved and beaten by the same players.
itamar12
itamar12
6 posts
Nomad

to beat your own 1st place you will need much more time to spend for a new game.
since it will be mark by your Favorited game at your profile it can't be mark again and you can't double your reword.

iSabby
iSabby
33 posts
Nomad

Acheivments would be wonderful to have. It would make people strive more to get that acheivement. Then you'd have something to be proud of. Like yes i got the acheivement on a game 50,000 score (:! Just something to show what games you've played and how well you have done on them your acheivements would show.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,349 posts
Bard

since it will be mark by your Favorited game at your profile it can't be mark again and you can't double your reword.

Even if leapfrogging your own first place score doesn't award you points more than once, you can still rack up 1800 points by intentionally placing 10th place, then 9th place, then 8th place and so on until you get first place. And then somebody goes and beats your first place score, and then you beat his score and you've got 500 more points.

And then, of course, you have the issue of hackers. Must I explain any further how easy it would be for them to abuse this system?
itamar12
itamar12
6 posts
Nomad

sorry, bat no player will play top10 game more than once, the time that you spend for that won't be worth more then playing few new.

you can't use the same game more than once, that mean you need 10 games at hg.

every &quotlayer in blood" is heading for 1st place, not less, not for agp.

IceDrakeknight
IceDrakeknight
348 posts
Farmer

I hate to break it up but its kinda similar to newgrounds how they built there achievement system, Like how the account works and game works including animation.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,349 posts
Bard

you can't use the same game more than once, that mean you need 10 games at hg.

every &quotlayer in blood" is heading for 1st place, not less, not for agp.

You're forgetting that most people aren't going to be able to get a first place score. If you're good enough to place into the top 10 out of thousands of users, and you place 9th or 10th, it isn't really fair that you can no longer get points for future scores if you end up placing higher than that at a certain point.

Of course, if points were awarded every time you placed higher on the high score list, the system would be very easy to abuse by leapfrogging your own scores to gain placement. So either way, awarding high scores for points would not work.

I hate to break it up but its kinda similar to newgrounds how they built there achievement system,

It's also set up exactly the same as the way Kongregate.

Who needs creativity when you can scrap something original to make an exact copy of something else?
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

It's also set up exactly the same as the way Kongregate.

Is there a problem with that? I don't understand how having something similar to other big flash gaming sites is an issue. I've seen many complaints about this and I just don't understand it. You're not being forced to do anything; they're simply rewarding people for being involved in games, but there's still reputation points to reward those involved in the forums and game comments. That way it's not like it is now where only one group gets something out of being active.
IceDrakeknight
IceDrakeknight
348 posts
Farmer

[quote]It's also set up exactly the same as the way Kongregate.

Who needs creativity when you can scrap something original to make an exact copy of something else?[/qoute]

more like refining if you ask me. Everybody knows that achievement is something common that is needed to be created since day one.

Boblord
Boblord
9 posts
Nomad

Yeah yeah yeah... like highscore achievment

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

like highscore achievment

No, game achievements similar to Kongregate. It's already been established that high score achievements can be abused.
hawkeye
hawkeye
243 posts
Nomad

<font face="edwardian Script ITC" Size="5">Please read:</font>

(if you are reading I thank you for taking the time to see what I suggest)
1- The Achievements must not include Armorpoints unless the game is beat (+1 AP) (Without AP would be nice too)
2- Not too many achievements
It would be really hard to add achievements because the only achievements that will appear are in the new games or modified games. So I think that to add that feature, Every game must be modified.
3- Achievements have their own page on the person's account to show.
4- Achievements should not be got by completing levels; They should be earned by special things like beating the game or doing an incredible stunt. (Should not be that hard though)

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my ideas and I hope you use them.

--Hawkeye

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

The Achievements must not include Armorpoints unless the game is beat (+1 AP)

I don't think you know how achievements are most likely going to work here. Go to Kongregate and play a few of their games that include badges. That's how armor points are going to function in AG3.
Not too many achievements

Defeats the point of having achievements if you don't make a lot of them and continue making more of them. This is how armor points are going to work, you're going to need something to keep people interested.
Showing 346-360 of 484