ForumsGames[Main Thread] CoD? Put it here!

3990 804435
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Apparently the effort of cleaning up the forums has been biased, so the CoD group get their own thread for discussing as well.
Enjoy.

• 3,990 Replies
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

Still haven't gotten Ghosts and probably won't. Its stupid now. You die when people look at you and they keep adding random crap that doesn't make the slightest sense. Field orders are stupid as tea-bagging a corpse can magically gift you a nuke. Or, you can turn into Michal Myers (because that makes sense) with an axe. Or, the stupid wolf skin for the guard dog, which is its own problem entirely. Once again, this makes no sense. I watched the entire campaign and it was terrible. I haven't had an experience with Extinction yet, but I hear it is worse than zombies. It clearly looks that way. Have all of my nope, IW, I'll just stick with BO2 and MW2

Oh yeah, I went to go play CoD4 a few days ago because CoD4 is life. I don't know what happened, but it didn't work. No scratches, nothing like that. When I started the game a screen asking if I wanted to continue appeared with a yes and a no answer. Tried them both, both of them tell me to eject the disc and try again. Still doesn't work.
Part of me died that day.

Pedro97
Pedro97
1,870 posts
Jester

I agree with pickpocket. Ghosts is just stupid. I played it at a friend's house and I didn't have fun with it at all. And now that the Titan Fall release is close (only the beta is available in the moment), it's going to be a Ghosts killer. I don't say it's going to be a CoD killer because the community is too big. But Ghosts is so lame that depending on the time you play CoD, you'll find more people on Blops2 than in Ghosts (I didn't buy Ghosts but still play BO2).

Part of me died that day.

Part of me died when I watched Ghosts trailer a few months back. lol
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

And now my mw2 disc cracked. Another part of me died.
I love how all the youtubers are playing old CoDs because Ghosts is bad.

Pedro97
Pedro97
1,870 posts
Jester

And now my mw2 disc cracked. Another part of me died.

Ow. I feel sorry for you. If my MW2 disc cracked I would feel really bad. Just so much fun on that game. Good times.

I love how all the youtubers are playing old CoDs because Ghosts is bad.

I was happy about it. Then the Titan Fall hype came and they don't stop posting videos about it. I didn't like the game, it looks like Halo with giant robots. And I dislike both things. The infantry gameplay is not bad, but you die too god **** fast, just like in Ghosts -.-
Kreitmaker
Kreitmaker
290 posts
Jester

I think the campaign of COD Ghosts was just added to check something off a list. Too many developers and publishers do this these days, some do it in terms of multiplayer even.

Activision knows that people buy the COD games for their multiplayer (and co-op modes like Zombies or Extinction), but they just need a little more money from the people that don't have an internet connection. As a warning, don't buy the game just to play the singleplayer. Rent it, but don't buy it. It'll either disappoint you or anger you to no end.

Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

I am Liking Ghosts so far simply because the bots. I don't have internet so I just play Ghosts with my brother but he is always putting the dang bots on recruit which makes them way too easy. All you have to do is distance yourself from them and you kill them every time. I get the KEM strike almost every time but I don't even use it because it messes up the view on the screen too bad.

Adding bots was a good idea, it makes those lan parties extra fun

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

So, sledgehammer is working on the next CoD. I have mixed emotions about this, they worked on mw3 and I like to blame it's mess on them. But then again, a three year system would be good for the series. More time to work on games means better games.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,779 posts
Chamberlain

I like to blame it's mess on them.

Well I'd like to blame Activision for running off West and Zampella and half of Infinity Ward.

So this kinda got me excited, but then I remembered this and all of MW3. I would love for CoD to make a comeback, looking at some Ghosties maps makes me almost with I'd bought it, then I hear what everyone says about it, everyone being the CoD fans who still think, but I rather doubt it'll happen.

Since it probably then I'd very much like to see it die, Activision admitted that Ghosties didn't sell like BO2 did so that's a hopeful sign. Also, with the release of Titanfall that's sure to lure some fans away. CoD has been proven to sell regardless of quality over the last 3 years, so the only real hope for it to die is if there are enough AAA title's coming out that people don't have money or time/interest in CoD anymore so it just drowns by becoming less relevant because of more games to buy. I can only hope that all of these new games that everyone is so looking forward to will be a major punch in the face to Activision/the devs and they start coming up with new things and think more about their maps instead of putting things next to eachother and calling it a game/DLC.

~Manly
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

Since it probably then I'd very much like to see it die

This would make everything worse. If CoD died, Battlefield would stop making quality stuff and would turn into CoD, same stuff every year. What happened with Ghosts is good though, it shows that CoD is actually going to have to try and make a better game. I'm expecting an ok-ish game from Sledgehammer this year, and a good game from Treyarch next year. That Treyarch game will make it or break it. They will have had 2 years to prepare the game, so it better be good. If that game flops like Ghosts, CoD will be dead.
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,779 posts
Chamberlain

So here's the extent of Ghosts failure. For one thing IW had to put up their first free weekend on consoles in CoD history on the weekend right before Titanfall released, and not only that but they had to dramatically drop the price for a time by half was it? I know 2 people who's first CoD game for one was BO2 and the other was MW3 and they loved those games, now they're asking me how much I think Gamestop will trade in Ghosties for towards Titanfall. Ghosties is a miserable failure on PC, probably mostly due to the fact that they ignored the PC players, but if you don't believe me or want to see for yourself go to Steam and check the top 100 games and where Ghosties is compared to other CoD games.

I don't think that it'll be MW4 anymore, I found out that West and Zampella have the right to half production on anything that takes place in the Modern Warfare series so they either asked to see if they would cancel the game or they won't make it because they don't want to risk losing progress.

I don't quite agree with you though, if CoD were to die then other FPS games would finally have a chance to thrive.

~Manly

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

Losing a major game like CoD could create problems down the line. The community would be shocked, and battlefield would probably take its place as dominate shooter. Monopolies are bad. I hope ghosts was a wake up call for the future CoDs. It sends the messeges that they cannot just make crappy games and expect it to do great because it's CoD. I hope that the game get better in the future, because if they don't most of the community will consider CoD dead.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,779 posts
Chamberlain

I forgot to mention the fact that I played their free weekend on my X1, I played it enough so that I got at least one round on all three of the maps and then played a round of extinction. I expected so little and was still disappointed, the maps were beyond awful, as was the spawning, The guns, as usual of late, were not balanced at all. Extinction was just so incredibly bland and pretty boring, not worthwhile to me at all.

~Manly

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

^Don't spam

So now they are including the predator in the new Ghost dlc. Terrible idea. It's not even CoD anymore, its just random crap thrown together with guns. The Predator makes no sense whatsoever. Don't like the idea of field orders either. Sledgehammer and Treyarch better be amazing in the future to clean this up.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,779 posts
Chamberlain

This is true desperation. I mean, it's still $60 on Steam along with BO2 and BO1 is still $40.

~Manly

ScaryLlama
ScaryLlama
22 posts
Nomad

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare story trailer. Looks eh, but KEVIN SPACEY!!

Showing 3931-3945 of 3990