ForumsWEPRHomosexuality

3228 434800
XeroGeez
XeroGeez
90 posts
Nomad

Apperently it's a big hot topic right now, so I want to know how gamers feel about it?

• 3,228 Replies
notataco
notataco
189 posts
Nomad

lol asherlee

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

I try to convert women all the time...muhaha.

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

It is always fun hangin out with one of my dearest lady friends who is bi-sexual. Watching the crowds go by...picking out the bests ladies, discussing. But then there are the moments where I have to deal with the occasional times when she spots a decent man and comments. At that point I try to find another lady to fix her attention on.

I will admit that I skipped past a majority of the post on this because I was expecting a bunch of southern bible thumpers recommend we burn are the not straights at the stake.

Now to my opinion! Yay! If I can try and figure out which point of this discussion to pin point...
To me, it seems more than anything that homosexuals are just the next group of people that are being targeted to hassle. Now that for the most part blacks, women and those of the Jewish faith are are in the clear homosexuals just slipped right in, no KY needed. (I blame my friend Zack the Queen for being somewhere in my thought process for that.) Homosexuals could be black, women or Jewish! Maybe all in on person! What more could a person full of hatrid and a membership to the NRA wish for?

Bloody_Wolf
Bloody_Wolf
103 posts
Peasant

Um, people of the Jewish faith are against homosexuality too, not just Christians. I'm a Christian, and a southerner too, and I'd like to join the NRA someday...but come on. "Bible-thumper" seems like a hurtful term to me. Besides, Christians are taught on a regular basis never to hate anyone. We can, however, strongly disagree with their behavior. Our job is to offer people an opportunity to change their behavior; we don't really pursue them about it either, so whether or not they do is up to them.

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

That is true, both Christians and Jews are against homosexuality. Yet I have seen and know people from both faith that are homosexuals. They still are religious.

When I use "bible-thumpers" I intend to conjur up images of the deep, deep south or any fanatic religious area. Stereo-typical? Mayhap. But so is the 'fact' that white men can not dance.

Christians may be taught that, but how does that explain the KKK performing hate crimes in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ? They are all devout Christians. They are also full of hatrid and have NRA cards in their wallets. Do they tend to try and put people back on the right path? Maybe, if you conisder leading them with a noose around their neck.

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

No offense to you. Forgot to add that part. Just that the general area of the south is..um...teeming with KKK members.

Oh, and for some reason hatred is not spelt with an 'i'. Now when did that happen...hmmm.

Bloody_Wolf
Bloody_Wolf
103 posts
Peasant

Hehe, yeah, the dumb old KKK. Even most Christians consider them fanatics. Their behavior is generally considered unChristianlike anyway. It's not their place to punish those people, so they're really stepping out of line.

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

Yes, but it does go to show you how just using religion in any argument like this is a double-edged sword. The fanatics are a small percentage but get all the media coverage. *cough*alqaeda*cough*

razaki
razaki
263 posts
Nomad

Well, the problem with that type of logic with Christianity is that it's very, very hard for a person to separate hating the sin and hating the sinner.

We naturally associate the two. Although at its heart, the belief may be correct, it opens itself up far too easily for things like the KKK, the Inquisition, or the Crusades.

To continue that point, the KKK and such are considered un-Christian NOW, in our current secularizing society. When they were in their heyday, or when the Inquisition was going on, they had support of a generous portion of the people.

I completely agree with you, Devoidless. Homosexuality is the next issue for hateful people to champion against. People always want to blame SOMETHING for what they view as society's woes. Unfortunately, it's now time for homosexuals to be front-and-center.

Paba16
Paba16
229 posts
Nomad

its chill aint no biggy in my opion girl on girl or guy on guy its their life style let it be

Bloody_Wolf
Bloody_Wolf
103 posts
Peasant

That is so true! XD All of it. May be why Christians and other groups get such a bad rap in popular culture.

Bloody_Wolf
Bloody_Wolf
103 posts
Peasant

Oh, that last post was meant for Devoidless. Sorry, I was kinda late. =P Also, The Inquisition was just plain wrong too. Never were Christians meant to hunt down the "sinners" and harass them like that. That goes against Christian doctrine. The trouble with groups like the Inquisition and the KKK is that they call themselves Christian but don't follow the rules. That's also where a bunch of the "hypocrite" labeling comes from.

razaki
razaki
263 posts
Nomad

Yeah, it was definitely wrong. There ARE verses that could suggest that something like the Inquisition would be correct - mostly found in the Old Testament - but no rational modern day Christian would say it's justifiable of course.

Same with the KKK.

Bloody_Wolf
Bloody_Wolf
103 posts
Peasant

Sorry, I've been reading the Bible since I was like 3 and I've never seen anything saying, "Go hunt down the sinners and make them confess!" I haven't read it in a couple weeks, though, and I'm planning to read the whole thing again this year. I'll look for those verses while I'm at it.

Well, at first I tried to tackle this issue from a biological standpoint, but the only other reason I have for being against the behavior is that Christian beliefs based on the Bible tell me it's wrong. That's about all I have to say on the topic, really. So I'll just go on believing that and let people consider it, but I won't bother them about it.

razaki
razaki
263 posts
Nomad

Well, the verses will not come out and say something like that so blatantly, of course. Read the Old Testament - verses about God commanding the Israelites to wipe out the Canaanites for what reasons? They worship a different god.

The New Testament preaches a different message, no doubt, but the Old has more than enough nastiness for both.

Showing 181-195 of 3228