ForumsWEPRHomosexuality

3228 433267
XeroGeez
XeroGeez
90 posts
Nomad

Apperently it's a big hot topic right now, so I want to know how gamers feel about it?

• 3,228 Replies
mathew1122
mathew1122
166 posts
Nomad

Wow everyone is attracted here because this topic is so interesting

Eshploded
Eshploded
469 posts
Nomad

*cough* Well, yeah. People have many views on this topic because its been laying around in our mind for long enough that we could fluently create diverse statements that would actually continue this topic for this amount of time.

razaki
razaki
263 posts
Nomad

Haha, exactly. It's an influential and interesting topic, for sure.

I agree...sexuality is very flexible and can change based on person, time, place, or circumstance.

As for the uber-ripped people...eww. Guys and girls both are nasty like that. Just sick.

PaladinDragonKnight
PaladinDragonKnight
21 posts
Nomad

I think it's gross, but it's a personal opinion. It's like, if you want to do it, go ahead, as long as you don't make anyone else want to do it that doesn't want to. It's like a lifestyle, like smoking or running in the morning. Just because they do it doesn't mean they're bad people, just that they've chosen something that is unhealthy or weird (especially the runners).

razaki
razaki
263 posts
Nomad

Well, I think there is a fundamental problem in comparing smoking and homosexuality.

I also saw a very interesting quote the other day by someone that I really can't remember, but it went something like this: "I love how straight people get to have lives, but homosexuals have 'lifestyles'."

How does being homosexual, though, paladin, make anyone else want to? It's a personal choice, like you said. It's not like they're beating you over the head saying "BE GAY!"

PaladinDragonKnight
PaladinDragonKnight
21 posts
Nomad

I'm just saying, I met a homosexual person who tried to make everyone else like them.
I'm sorry that I compared smoking and homo. It was the first thing that came to my mind. It's just a personal decicion, if someone wants to be different, let them!

Bloody_Wolf
Bloody_Wolf
103 posts
Peasant

Well, Razaki, I know people aren't forced to be homosexual, but the media is really flaunting homosexuality in the open and pushing to make it an accepted part of society. Maybe they think by exposing us to it on a daily basis will make people THINK it's a normal thing. It's not. I'd say, even being a bit generous with the figure, that maybe one in every thousand people is either homosexual or bisexual.

Now, I'm going to skip the moral argument here and go straight to biology. Biologically, homosexuality makes no sense, so why practice it? It's certainly not beneficial to the human race. A homosexual couple, male or female, can't reproduce and gift humanity with a new life. If everyone were homosexual, humans would soon die out. Besides, if either God or evolution had meant us to be homosexual, wouldn't there be only one gender, not two? Male and female are meant to work together. Homosexuality, and just general promiscuity, is also a good way to spread disease. A large portion of the homosexual community is complaining of suffering from AIDS. Hmm, I wonder how they all got it?!?

Needless to say, I'm not going to go out and stop people from being homosexual, but I do think the behavior is quite bizarre, disgusting, immoral, and completely illogical as well.

razaki
razaki
263 posts
Nomad

Well, Paladin, I'm sure that there ARE those people out there, but is it not worth drawing attention to the thousands of anti-gay protests and organizations across the nation/world? The attempts to place an amendment to prevent
homosexuals from gaining simple marriage rights? Aren't those people trying to force people to be straight?

Why don't we just let people make up their own minds, jeez?

Bloody, again, we're missing a fundamental point of this discussion...just because you think something isn't normal doesn't mean it shouldn't be socially acceptable. The media's coverage is due to social enlightenment and relative tolerance, not some covert attempt to convert people to homosexuality. That's silly.

I would prefer someone with experience in evolutionary biology to take over at this point, but I'll give it a shot...

Bloody, we do plenty of things that don't make beneficial sense. Evolution marches on with the intent to make us more readily equipped to pass on our genes; it does not FORCE us too. Do you believe that someone who takes a vow of celibacy or, for one reason or another, never gets married or has sex is doing something illogical and immoral? No. Only homosexuals are wrong due to your prejudice, not due to logic.

Also, your statement that if god/evolution wanted us to be homosexual, we'd only have one gender is simply a logical fallacy in every sense of the word. No one is saying that everyone should be gay; I'm saying that they should have that option. Evolution didn't design us to drive cars, either. Heck, it didn't do too great of a job of figuring out how to make us have kids. It's not something that you should put all kinds of logic on.

What of the species in the animal kingdom that practice homosexual behaviors? That mate with animals of the same sex?

Homosexuality, itself, does not spread disease. Until recently - and it's still not enough - homosexuals were forced to hide from prejudice in society from people who thought that they were evil. Unsafe practices cause disease.

There is no doubt that certain STD's are more prevalent in the homosexual...it's a topic that should, and will be studied and analyzed. It's a topic that demands better education, better policies, better knowledge, but NOT more stereotypical attitudes like yours.

I may have missed something there, I dunno...watching Obama make a speech while typing, haha.

PaladinDragonKnight
PaladinDragonKnight
21 posts
Nomad

TMNTWIGY, did you just go through a lot of the lists?
Anyways, razaki, that was what I was trying to say, but with less words.

Everyone should be able to make up their OWN mind and choose what they want. The whole reason there's even wars is because there's people trying to make others believe the same as them without letting them decide.

...and some kinds of animals ARE homosexual (in a way) because they can switch sex while mating.

razaki
razaki
263 posts
Nomad

Well, Paladin, you implied that homosexuality was unhealthy or weird...the opposite of my post.

Yes, there are those types of animals, but I'm talking about animals that display blatant homosexuality - and not just sexually. Look it up if you care to...if I remember correctly, there are something like 1500 species that are known to exhibit homosexual tendencies.

TMNTWIGY
TMNTWIGY
79 posts
Nomad

I really dont care because it dose not effect any of us dose it??????????!!!!!!

Mach1ne
Mach1ne
22 posts
Nomad

well i live in massachusetts... lol
but i live on cape next to ptown so yea... gays are everywhere here

jwalshjr
jwalshjr
536 posts
Peasant

i have no problem with homosexuality, you have a right to be like that if you want, just don't flaunt it and try too make sure everyone knows it, just act normal, but yes you can choose too be that way, its your own free will

Bloody_Wolf
Bloody_Wolf
103 posts
Peasant

I didn't expect such a strong reaction to my previous post... Anyway Razaki, I know there have been protests against it, but there has been plenty of pro-homosexual protesting as well. I've heard of them getting pretty violent at times too. At least it's an even-sided thing. They get their expression too, so at least their voice isn't suppressed or anything. Many times, though, I see that anyone strongly against homosexuality is labeled as a bigot, or even just a big meanie. Oh, and as for marriage rights, you certainly don't need the consent of any government to make a marriage vow to someone. You just don't get benefits that way. Anyway my opinion is the same as many other people. Homosexuality is wrong, but it's their business, not mine, so I leave 'em alone. I just try to express my reasoning for being against it wherever possible. ... Obama speech? Yep, I can see how that would be distracting. He's kinda loud. =P

Eshploded
Eshploded
469 posts
Nomad

If you really don't care, tmntwigy, then you should probably stop posting on this topic, its just taking up space.

Also, Razaki is right, there are rational reasons why people are homosexual that could be because of psychological and biological factors so don't say it isn't rational.

Showing 151-165 of 3228