ForumsForum GamesRealm of Shadows

656 72329
snowguy13
snowguy13
2,159 posts
Nomad

Story
You are suddenly awoken by a thorough chill that pulses through your body. Half-awake, you get out of bed and begin getting dressed. You finish, but then notice something strange: the sun isn't up, yet there is an eerie light filling your room.
You explore the rest of your house and find that you are alone. No family. You step outside. Shadowy mists are flowing everywhere, and disgruntling whispers can be heard from... somewhere. A pang of fear pierces your chest when you look around and see nothing. All that is visible in any direction more than 50 feet outside of your house is a roiling blackness.

About
This is a role-playing game set in a mysterious shadowy realm.
Up to 7 people may join by filling out the form below:
Form
Name:
[You have 15 points to use on the below stats.]
[This is related to the damage you will deal.]
Defense: [This is related to your resistance to taking damage.]
Agility: [This determines who moves first, second, etc.]
Luck: [This determines you chance to do extra damage, and the amount of extra damage done.]
Ability name: [You get to be creative! I will check this.]
Ability description: [You get to decide! I will check this, too.]

Gameplay
Up to 7 players will be accepted. Players will engage it battles with enemies that I determine. Players will request their actions to me during a battle, and I will do appropriate calculations. Players start at level 1, and will receive experience (XP) to level up for doing damage to enemies, defeating an enemy, and winning a battle (though there may be more).
Outside of battle, I will provide some guidance, but overall the players will request what to do. There are innumerable actions players can choose. When one player suggests an action, I will either post it for players to agree with or shoot down, and if a player consensus has already been reached, I will tell what happens as a result of the players' actions. If the players wish to separate and explore separately, that is fine, they need only request it. However, the hordes of enemies players encounter will NOT be weakened for a solo player.

Any other information needed? Just ask!

• 656 Replies
p1a2r3i4s5
p1a2r3i4s5
2,752 posts
Nomad

Name: Tegael
XP: 0
To next level: 10 XP
Level: 1
Health: 20/20
Offense: 6
Defense: 2
Agility: 4
Luck: 3
Ability name: Eagle Eye [Has improved eyesight and can determine enemies' weaknesses easily.]

I ask them "What's going on? What do you want from me?".

amorboy
amorboy
1,255 posts
Shepherd

Name: Sensei Bassami [Assassins leader]
XP: 8.6
To next level: 1.4 XP
Offense: 5
Defense: 5
Luck: 1
Ability: Ninja sensei [Has the powers of a ninja, but is faster, stronger, and possesses more weapons.]

i guess we should find a way to understand what is happening and thanks for helping me trying to turn my sword to light

snowguy13
snowguy13
2,159 posts
Nomad

Name: James Kratos
Defense: 4
Luck: 2
Ability: Melee Master [Is very skilled with melee and brawl weapons.]

Lusim pauses, gathering his thoughts, then says, "We have found from previous onslaughts that the shadows know our movements. It is as if they can sense the fear of the villagers when we have them moved. Fear acts like a beacon to the forces of the darkness. It draws them from great distances... To move now, we would only cause more hardship to ourselves. Yes, our best option is to stay put and set up defenses here."
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Assassins

Ability: Ninja sensei [Has the powers of a ninja, but is faster, stronger, and possesses more weapons.]

Name: Blue Wings [Assassins member]
XP: 12.1
To next level: 12.9 XP
Level: 2
Health: 20/22
Offense: 2
Agility: 8
Luck: 5
Ability: Elemental
(6)Fire - May cause burn
(8)Ice - May freeze
(4)Thunder - Hits all enemies - May shock
(5)Poison - May poison
(20%)Light - Heal an ally - May give ally bonus health each turn

[First of all, I want you to note that if Blue Wings gives Sensei Bassami's weapons any elemental powers, they only last a single turn, whether used or not. Just some clarification. ]

Your previous problems all come back in a rush: the shadows closing in, cries in the distance. However, the shadow wall had only encroached farther during your fight with the Turbicus.
Name: Tegael
Luck: 3
Ability name: Eagle Eye [Has improved eyesight and can determine enemies' weaknesses easily.]

One of the shadow swordsmen steps forward. "You aren't in a position to be asking questions, now, are you?" A wicked expression crosses his face, and his partner laughs evilly.

Both begin walking toward you, weapons drawn and in hand.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

I say, "Alright then. What have we got for resources? Weapons? Supplies?"

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

Name: Mav
XP: 11
To next level: 14 XP
Health: 22/22
Defense: 6
Ability: Stoic [Feels nothing; no fear, no pain, no weakness.]

I do m8. Its fun, though I have a few ideas on a scrap of paper, and for my RPG, a outline that I'm following of the Factions Manuevers.

Not much to do really, so I'll guess I'll track the footsteps. Must have left a trace, right?

snowguy13
snowguy13
2,159 posts
Nomad

[b][VERY IMPORTANT: Everyone, the next time you post, I am going to do this: tell me the weapon(s) you are wielding, and a brief description of that (those) weapon(s). I am going to add a weapon section to your character description. You will be able to change your weapon at certain times (I will tell you), but for now, I need a decision.

For example, Mav's current weapon (his actions prompted me to make this edit) is a Big Club. If you see his section in my post (below \\/), you will see what the weapon section looks like.

His will look like this:
Weapon: Big Club (off +3, agi -1)

Your current weapon will NOT affect your level-up gains.

If you do not approve of this or have a question, please let me know, and I may rethink (if many players are not in support of this action).]

One of the other attendees speaks up. "I represent the working engineers and mechanics. We have plentiful amounts of sand and stone to create substantial numbers of barriers; we also have the manpower to create trenches and war machines, should the situation become dire enough."

Another of the assembled speaks. "We have a sufficient number of soldiers to last a few months of battle only, assuming the shadow wielders come in much greater strength than they have in the past, as you have predicted, Lusim. We are trying to encourage the villagers to join the military effort, but many are just plain scared. I am also afraid that we are low upon weapons."
Offense: 6 (+3)
Agility: 4 (-1)

You quickly find a trail of broken twigs, and decide to follow. The feeling of being watched trails you...

snowguy13
snowguy13
2,159 posts
Nomad

Ugh... Boldness fail...

[VERY IMPORTANT: Everyone, the next time you post, I am going to do this: tell me the weapon(s) you are wielding, and a brief description of that (those) weapon(s). I am going to add a weapon section to your character description. You will be able to change your weapon at certain times (I will tell you), but for now, I need a decision.

For example, Mav's current weapon (his actions prompted me to make this edit) is a Big Club. If you see his section in my post (below \\\\/), you will see what the weapon section looks like.

His will look like this:

Your current weapon will NOT affect your level-up gains.

If you do not approve of this or have a question, please let me know, and I may rethink (if many players are not in support of this action).]

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

[Carrying a bowie knife sheathed at my left side (and a hidden one in my boot) and a scimitar sheathed at my right side]

I ask, "When can we expect the main attack?"

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

weapon: wooden staff (you choose)
(6)Fire - May cause burn
(8)Ice - May freeze
(5)Poison - May poison

"oh no... what are we going to do now? idk if we can really do something to decrease the shadows..."

amorboy
amorboy
1,255 posts
Shepherd

weapons: ninja stars.3 blades.smoke bombs.1 long katana.1short katana.throwing blades

well i guess i can change all of my weapons to light element weapon with the help of blue wing and blue wing could cast a big light bulb so the wall couldnt come closer and trap us and i think if there is a way we should run away

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

weapon: wooden staff (you choose)
(6)Fire - May cause burn
(8)Ice - May freeze
(5)Poison - May poison

"well... the shadows do react too my fire and light magics. maybe the light willl be able too sepeerate us fromo the shadows." i will cast light and try to find a way outt of there

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

Offense: 6 (+3)
Agility: 4 (-1)

Well... I'm walking softly, and carrying a big stick (XD). What could go wrong? Continue following the trail.

snowguy13
snowguy13
2,159 posts
Nomad

[IMPORTANT: Game update...

Weapons...

(a)Players will be allowed to carry three (3) weapons with them at any given time. Players requesting more will be asked to discard the appropriate number to leave them with only three weapons.

(b)In battle, switching weapons will take up one of the player's movement slots (players have have four (4) plus one (+1) every five (5) levels.

(c)Every 10XP, a player will gain 1WP (weapon point). These can be used toward upgrading weapons. It is for this reason that having multiple weapons is discouraged: upgrade points can only be used to upgrade once; having multiple weapons may result in one or more weapons being weak.

Things to note...

(a) Weapons powered up by abilities will have an asterisk (*) before them.

(b) The WP cost of a weapon upgrade will be displayed in parentheses after the weapon name.

As always...

If anything is unclear or jumbled, please, let me know!

Weapons: 0 WP
*Bowie Knife (1), lv1, 1 hand (agi +1, lck +1) [Equipped]
*Double Bowie Knife (2), lv1, 2 hand (off +1, agi +1, lck +2)
Scimitar (1), lv1, 1 hand (off +1, agi +1)

Lusim pauses, as if regretful to share his information. However, his hesitation soon passes and he says, "We are expecting the attack in the next 72 hours. Our time to prepare is ticking away as we speak, so I suggest we begin preparations now."
Assassins

[Too many weapons described. Please choose only three.]

Weapons: 1 WP
Wooden staff (2), lv1, 2 hand (special effect chance +4%) Equipped
(6)Fire - May cause burn
(8)Ice - May freeze
(5)Poison - May poison

[No weapons except staves can be given permanent elemental powers. Sorry, Sensei Bassami, but that's the decision I have made. Also, please choose only three weapons to have with you.]

Blue Wings shines his light, but the shadows violent assault it and put it out. The shadows close in, and you both black out...

You awaken in a strange land, but you are all disoriented and have trouble gaining your bearings...
Big Club (2), lv1, 2 hand (off +4, def +1, agi -1) Equipped

You follow the trail until you end up in a clearing. The feeling of impending doom reaches a staggering climax, but you do not falter and proceed chivalrously.
[Okay everyone, sorry if this is quite messy right now, I'm still figuring out organization. Any ideas are welcome! ]

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

Big Club (2), lv1, 2 hand (off +4, def +1, agi -1) Equipped

For organization, I just use a few lines to seperate Char sheets. Like this: _____. If two Char sheets are interacting, as in a group, I use a line like this: -----. ANd then I converse directly with the players in Italics, like I'm doing now. If you want to see it in action, check out Crash, my RPG.

As Reznov in WaW would put it:

Chernov: But Sergeant, how are we to move forward?

*tank crashes through wall*

Reznov: With brute force.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

*Bowie Knife (1), lv1, 1 hand (agi +1, lck +1) [Equipped]
*Double Bowie Knife (2), lv1, 2 hand (off +1, agi +1, lck +2)
Scimitar (1), lv1, 1 hand (off +1, agi +1)

I say, "Alright, let's get to it!"

Showing 166-180 of 656