ForumsNews and FeedbackNo more Armor Points.

229 69580
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Hi everyone, I have more news to share about points and ranking on AG3, and wanted to lump in ranking and leaderboard discussions here as well.

The previous topic was here:
http://armorgames.com/community/thread/6441505/ideas-and-discussions-about-migrating-armor-points-to-agv3

---

I hope you're sitting down ...

---

For the "TL;DR" people among you: everyone will essentially have their Armor Points reset to zero. AG3 will likely not migrate any points from AG2 with our current setup and direction.

Unless something drastic happens, or there's enough people who vocalize their unhappiness about this to Dan, this is how AG3 will start out.

After our meeting about Achievements yesterday, I was brought in the loop on how &quotoints" will work on AG3.

In a nutshell...

AG3 "Armor Points" as a sum total will calculate your "AG Score". We will still refer to them as &quotoints", but the site will show them as your "score".

AG3 points will be awarded primarily through the winning of game-related Achievements, and each achievement will have different amounts of points attached (easier achievements will give fewer points, for example).

The achievements we award for AG2 legacy features (previous rank, forum post count, etc) will not award AG3 points.

I do NOT believe we will award points for rating games, or if we do, it will be a minimal amount like the 2 points we give you now. If this is the case, we WILL migrate some points.

The examples Larry gave yesterday about Achievements showed some being worth as many as 15 or 30 points EACH.

---

I will re-open this topic when I have more information to answer questions.

• 229 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

@Valboss84:
It doesn't have to be exactly like a country. And click here. It says that an Emperor/Empress holds higher honor and rank than kings. I believe there were several kings on the Lord of the Ring movies, however, I don't know if there was an emperor. I haven't seen them all in a while, but I'm going to lean towards no on that one. But if there are many kings like there are now, then the rank king doesn't hold a real meaning upon them. Having the Emperor/Empress rank will only be for one person instead of many, so if it's in AG3 then there will be more ranks to get.

valboss84
valboss84
1,529 posts
Farmer

Oh, ok. So it will be a unique Emperor, maybe. So, for exmaple; if it existed on AG2, firetail-madness would be the Emperor.
So, why not specifical ranks for #2 and #3 (and more)?

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

So, why not specifical ranks for #2 and #3 (and more)?

Probably because they aren't number one. The goal from these ranks is to reach Emperor/Empress then the current Emperor/Empress will be bumped down to a king/queen. There were many kings/queens in the middle ages, so it would make sense.
valboss84
valboss84
1,529 posts
Farmer

I agree with that. Ok, it there is an Emperor, do you think it would be a good idea if he have specifical rights or he (or she) unlock specifical things as armatars or popularity amount or points?

016Bramble
016Bramble
408 posts
Nomad

I like the idea of the Emperor/Empress. Maybe we could give them more significance and make their name bigger or display their Armatar as well.

I also think there should be a feature that shows how many points behind this Emperor/Empress the player is below their number ranking. It could be like -x amount of points from top player.

016Bramble
016Bramble
408 posts
Nomad

I like the idea of the Emperor/Empress. Maybe we could give them more significance and make their name bigger or display their Armatar as well.

On the Homepage Leaderboard.
indie55
indie55
610 posts
Nomad

I think only one person should be able to hold that title rather than having anything who reaches that amount of armor points holding it.

This seems like an interesting idea.
Ok, it there is an Emperor, do you think it would be a good idea if he have specifical rights or he (or she) unlock specifical things as armatars or popularity amount or points?

It might add incentive for the 2nd and 3rd, etc to try and become first. I'm not sure what you mean by rights, but unlocking special emperor/empress armatars seems cool. I think just the armatars would be good.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Ok, it there is an Emperor, do you think it would be a good idea if he have specifical rights or he (or she) unlock specifical things as armatars or popularity amount or points?

I'd say special armatars for reaching the Emperor/Empress rank. Not sure what else you could give them.
I also think there should be a feature that shows how many points behind this Emperor/Empress the player is below their number ranking. It could be like -x amount of points from top player.

There's probably going to be a leaderboard that shows the top 100 or so people with the most armor points. So they can just do the match themselves.
It might add incentive for the 2nd and 3rd

I'm sure a lot of people want to become first on here. If you look at the leaderboard, many have tried until most of them gave up trying to get more armor points than firetail_madness. And it'll be harder to get armor points in AG3 from the information we have, so they'll have to work for it if they really want it.
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

I'm sure a lot of people want to become first on here. If you look at the leaderboard, many have tried until most of them gave up trying to get more armor points than firetail_madness. And it'll be harder to get armor points in AG3 from the information we have, so they'll have to work for it if they really want it.

The points gained in AG2 won't be migrated to AG3, so everyone will start fresh.
016Bramble
016Bramble
408 posts
Nomad

Maybe the Emperor/Empress could put some of their favorite games on the home page. Or, they could create their own achievements... maybe 5? You can keep them even if the Emperor/Empress is overthrown.

indie55
indie55
610 posts
Nomad

Maybe the Emperor/Empress could put some of their favorite games on the home page.

The home page would have to be redone with a spot.
Or, they could create their own achievements...

Maybe if they were good ones. Additionally it will be crazy in the beginning when everyone is trying to be emperor/empress.
You can keep them even if the Emperor/Empress is overthrown.

Additionally, it will be crazy in the beginning when everyone is trying to be emperor/empress.
valboss84
valboss84
1,529 posts
Farmer

Additionally, it will be crazy in the beginning when everyone is trying to be emperor/empress.

I agree. At beginning, everybody will want to get loads of points to become the Emperor.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Maybe the Emperor/Empress could put some of their favorite games on the home page. Or, they could create their own achievements... maybe 5?

I don't know how that would work out and I don't think that the person with the most points should be able to alter the site. I just think they should get some exclusive armatars that only the Emperor/Empress may use.
everybody will want to get loads of points to become the Emperor.

Possibly. However, considering that the points will be coming from achievements(gameplay), it'll take time to actually get that rank. Unless they are going to do something else.
valboss84
valboss84
1,529 posts
Farmer

However, considering that the points will be coming from achievements(gameplay), it'll take time to actually get that rank

Sure, but I think it isn't the only way to get points, no?
Moreover, I wonder if points for the rank you're on AG2 (for example 100 points for king rank) will have an influence on the total of the points.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

@Valboss84:
From cormyn's opening post:
AG3 points will be awarded primarily through the winning of game-related Achievements, and each achievement will have different amounts of points attached (easier achievements will give fewer points, for example).

And:
The achievements we award for AG2 legacy features (previous rank, forum post count, etc) will not award AG3 points.

So from that, armor points will be coming from game related things. Like how some other popular sites are.

Showing 16-30 of 229