Forums

ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

No more Armor Points.

Posted Jun 21, '11 at 6:18am

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,691 posts

Knight

- ideas about where you want us to show your AG Score (the total of your points)

Probably under username on our profiles. There's a lot of gray space there.

- ideas about where to show the leaderboard

I say on the homepage, just like how it is now. I don't see wheres else that you could put it where everyone would see it. Unless you create a page for the leaderboards that says "Leaderboards".

- how we could display the leaderboard

Hmm, interesting question. I'd say that you could display the top one hundred people with the most armor points, reputation, forum posts, comments, merits, game ratings, things of the such. It would have a section for each. Like: Armor Points | Reputation | Forum posts | etc..

- whether we should keep the current rank system (serf, knight, prince, king, etc) and WHY

I like this current rank system because this is the only site that I've seen this rank system on. And it matches the site, since it's supposed to have a medieval theme, this is the perfect ranking system. But maybe you could add more medieval rankings to so that there are more rankings on the site.

And what Gantic suggested sounds interesting.

- whether we need to come up with a new rank system, and what you think the ranks should be

I prefer this ranking system. However, I'd like more medieval rankings. If you want me to name them, then I'll have to do that later since I'm not familiar with them all.

how do we get points by playing?

Click.

Posted Jun 21, '11 at 5:55pm

cormyn

cormyn

2,863 posts

Knight

But maybe you could add more medieval rankings to so that there are more rankings on the site.

Again, give specifics.

Posted Jun 21, '11 at 6:05pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,691 posts

Knight

I suppose the ranks and titles from here.

The ones to the right under the crown sound like they would fit well with the current ranks. How many armor points to reach those ranks, I don't know.

Posted Jun 21, '11 at 7:44pm

cormyn

cormyn

2,863 posts

Knight

LOL, GoM, that'll certainly give us a hefty list to consider.

Here's a sub-link on that page which summarizes the titles, and even offers translations into other languages, which will come in handy down the road too.

Hmm, wonder if Dan would go for a "only one player can be Emperor/Empress" idea. If someone beats your points as Emperor, *they* gain the title and you get knocked back to King status.

Posted Jun 22, '11 at 6:13am

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,691 posts

Knight

I like it because it would add more ranks which will result in it being more difficult to get ranks. Well, if you guys raise how many armor points are required for each rank, that is. Also, I really like the names of the ranks and titles on that page which makes it more classy, I think.

About the Emperor/Empress idea, I rather like it. Since it'll match with the ranks on that page well and make the site look somewhat neater. I think only one person should be able to hold that title rather than having anything who reaches that amount of armor points holding it. Example: Firetail would be the Emperor right now, but if someone gained more armor points than him, then he would lose his Emperor rank.

Are the hats still going to be kept? If so, then I think there's going to have to be more room added to the profiles or a page on our profiles solely for the ranks. Like there's:
Achievements
Favorite Games & History.
Ranks and Titles(Or it could be just "Ranks".)

I don't know where the ranks would fit on the profiles how they look now. But if there is a page for all the ranks, then when you are a certain rank the title will be somewhere under your name or armatar, and you'll have the little hat/crown for that rank.

I've also been wondering if we'll be able to change our hats in AG3. If so, then I could guess that would be rather confusing since the hat wouldn't match their current rank on the site. Then again, I like the Iron Lord and Iron Prince hats, so I've always wanted to switch to them. However, it would be confusing to people if your hat doesn't match your rank. Well, if we aren't able to, then I guess I'll just leave it at that.

Posted Jun 22, '11 at 8:14am

valboss84

valboss84

1,479 posts

About the Emperor/Empress idea, I rather like it

Ok, but if we add the emperor rank, the King rank must be delete. I don't know a country where there are an emperor and kings.

About the new ranks possible, I retain the baron, the marquess and the count.

Posted Jun 22, '11 at 8:23am

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,691 posts

Knight

@Valboss84:
It doesn't have to be exactly like a country. And click here. It says that an Emperor/Empress holds higher honor and rank than kings. I believe there were several kings on the Lord of the Ring movies, however, I don't know if there was an emperor. I haven't seen them all in a while, but I'm going to lean towards no on that one. But if there are many kings like there are now, then the rank king doesn't hold a real meaning upon them. Having the Emperor/Empress rank will only be for one person instead of many, so if it's in AG3 then there will be more ranks to get.

Posted Jun 22, '11 at 8:28am

valboss84

valboss84

1,479 posts

Oh, ok. So it will be a unique Emperor, maybe. So, for exmaple; if it existed on AG2, firetail-madness would be the Emperor.
So, why not specifical ranks for #2 and #3 (and more)?

Posted Jun 22, '11 at 8:35am

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,691 posts

Knight

So, why not specifical ranks for #2 and #3 (and more)?

Probably because they aren't number one. The goal from these ranks is to reach Emperor/Empress then the current Emperor/Empress will be bumped down to a king/queen. There were many kings/queens in the middle ages, so it would make sense.

Posted Jun 22, '11 at 8:54am

valboss84

valboss84

1,479 posts

I agree with that. Ok, it there is an Emperor, do you think it would be a good idea if he have specifical rights or he (or she) unlock specifical things as armatars or popularity amount or points?

Reply to No more Armor Points.

You must be logged in to post a reply!