ForumsNews and FeedbackGame Suggestion Engine?

13 5198
016Bramble
016Bramble
408 posts
Nomad

I think it would be a good idea if, in AG3, there was a feature underneath the game that says "People who favored/gave this game a higher rating also favored/gave a higher rating to..." thus leading you to new games that are not on the home page, but are still fun to play.

• 13 Replies
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

Yeah i like this, kind of a "If you liked this, you'll love this.." game suggestion?

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

How would that work? Personally, I don't want to be recommended games that other people like/favored/rated highly. I'd rather be recommended games that are similar to the game that I'm playing.

Screenshot from a game on AG3:
http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n537/MatrixJJC/Armor%20Games/AG3FlashGame.png

Those games underneath that game are somewhat similar to the game I was playing, so it could be that they are recommending games that are similar.

016Bramble
016Bramble
408 posts
Nomad

I'd rather be recommended games that are similar to the game that I'm playing.

Yes, but you have to get where I'm coming from. An older player, such as yourself, would know about a lot more games than a newer player. What I was going for was something similar to that, but with less common games. Who hasn't played The World's Hardest Game? Or any of the Bubble Tanks games?

Those similar games may be similar to the game you're currently playing, but with this idea, you could find different games as well... or, of course the same ones.
valboss84
valboss84
1,529 posts
Farmer

Sure. I want that recommended games would be, first, games from the same series (for example, you play Bubble tanks 2 and all the bubble tanks are recommended) and, then, the games similar (near gameplay or goal of the game).

016Bramble
016Bramble
408 posts
Nomad

valboss84, I think you're missing the point. The idea is to get different games that you'll also enjoy... does that make sense to anyone?

indie55
indie55
610 posts
Nomad

thus leading you to new games that are not on the home page, but are still fun to play.

Why do the games have to not be on the home page?
016Bramble
016Bramble
408 posts
Nomad

They don't have to. However, what's the point of showing you the games that are on the homepage that you've probably already played?

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

We're looking at a few ways of adding a "You May Also Like" (YMAL) area on AG3, and may introduce some of it on AG2 as well.

016Bramble
016Bramble
408 posts
Nomad

I like the new thing that was just recently put under the games. I just hope it still looks like the picture that GhostOfMatrix put up there on AG3. I like the suggester, just not the new color around the game. I bet it's because I'm used to the old one. Anyway, I still am glad that this was added!

pft
pft
576 posts
Grand Duke

yeah i am glad that new ymal is out. it shows me new games that i mostly like and have not discovered.

thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad
thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

!!!! Oops! I didn't really want to make the whole thing a link! Now it's all blue!! Sorry!! I'm not a mod!!

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Theboss, the YMAL area on AG2 has a much more limited data source to look at. We just wanted to test the concept.

On AG3, we're looking at better &quotredictive" algorithms to actually find related games, or games other people played after playing the current game, that sort of thing.

Showing 1-13 of 13