ForumsSupport ForumGames suggestion on AG2: useful or useless?

10 2976
valboss84
valboss84
1,529 posts
Farmer

I think everybody have noticed the new update on AG2: when you play a game, others in the same genre are suggested.
But it is very useful?

Personnaly, I say no, because the games showed have sometimes no relationship. For example, if you play "Flight", it can show you Adventure games (Sonny, Cursed Treasure) and it's very different.
Moreover, only the most popular game (with an average of 9/10 at least) are proposed and the less known games aren't available.

So, I hope that in AG3, the game suggeestion will be more precise.

BTW, don't talk about what you hope for AG3. Just give your opinion about AG2 games suggestions.

• 10 Replies
bramiboy
bramiboy
122 posts
Nomad

I agree with you, you get always the same games;
- exit path
- crush the castle
- sonny
- etc.
Games that have a high rating but have no relationship with the game that you're playing.

I suggest that you get only games from the same section;
As you play a sport game, that you than only get (high rated) SPORT games, not Crush the Castle or something.

BTW, I hope that AG3 get... just kidding

thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

Yeah, I noticed that. I was thinking that the game suggestions would be by their tags, and similar games would be ones with close to the same tags and maybe close to the same rating. (and possibly same section) Maybe not all three because that might be hard to find any.

But it doesn't seem like that. I wonder what factors go into getting the similar games, though?

And this isn't a hope but AG3 beta DOES have the similar game thing, but it seems like it's the same thing. It ONLY gives you high rated games. all the similar games I saw were like in the top ten rated in the "all" section of the games on AG3. It's annoying. I want to find new games that might be fun, not games I already know about because they're the top ten! I hope it gets better.

thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

(sorry for the DP)

Also, the game suggestions and khaki area around the game don't even show up some of the time!

(cormyn)

Clear your cache and cookies, log in again, and you'll have a 1-in-5 chance of getting the khaki area around the games. If it happens again, repeat the process.
bramiboy
bramiboy
122 posts
Nomad

If I looking for a good game that I never played before I do this:

I go to a game I like, then search for some positif comment and go to the favorite games of the user that wrote the positif comment.

So could you find new cool games without the suggested games.

valboss84
valboss84
1,529 posts
Farmer

Yeah that's a good trick to find close games. But a good game suggestion would be very simplier than doing that.

016Bramble
016Bramble
408 posts
Nomad

At first, I thought it could be good, but I've realized It's not at all what I was going for here.

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

Yeah, it just shows me the most popular games like Warfare, Sonny, Exit Path, and Crush the Castle. I was playing Skinny, and the games aren't even related. So having more accurate 'random games' (is that paradoxical?) in AG3 would be better. Or atleast have them from the same genres.

psnz
psnz
130 posts
Peasant

I've found the suggestions a bit repetitive and less than helpful.

But having said that, I still think it's a good idea, and something that could be improved upon. After all, if the likes of Amazon can use this idea to sell me stuff, then why not here?

What I'd like to see is the suggestions be in the same genre, be fairly high rating and be games that I haven't commented on or rated. Obviously in some instances, there wouldn't be any suggestions, but in other cases that met this criteria, it would be useful. Maybe something better left for AG3 perhaps?

thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

Theboss, the YMAL area on AG2 has a much more limited data source to look at. We just wanted to test the concept.

On AG3, we're looking at better &quotredictive" algorithms to actually find related games, or games other people played after playing the current game, that sort of thing.
(cormyn)

So that explains it. The thing on AG2 is just to test the concept! The AG3 one will be a lot better!
valboss84
valboss84
1,529 posts
Farmer

I hope thaboss. I think they've done this quickly to test the game suggestion, and they'll take their time to make a nice suggester on AG3.

Showing 1-10 of 10