ForumsForum GamesThey're Coming (Mythical Animal/Element RPG)

189 22504
macintot
macintot
69 posts
Nomad

A war is brewing.
They were supposedly banished a thousand years ago, but now they're back.
They're coming.
They are bent on revenge. They will let nothing stand in their way.
They're coming.
They have unlocked the power of the elements, a secret known only by the greatest wizards of our world.
They're coming.
The humans are already gone. Now it's our turn.
They're coming.
You are about to be thrown into the biggest war in history. We all are.
They're Here!

In a nutshell, a thousand years ago some mythical beings broke their world's most sacred laws. They were banished to a dimensional prison.
During that time they mastered the power of the elements-flame, aqua, miner, lunar, solar, freeze, and nature- which were previously known only by the most powerful mages. They've escaped, and are bent on revenge. The humans have already been wiped out, and every living thing left is about to be thrown into this war.

CHARACTER SHEET
Name:
Appearance:
Health:__% (Don't let this reach zero!)
Energy:__% (Determined by hunger. Don't let it reach zero!)
FactionEveryone starts at neutral. Eventually you may choose to join the Deathmongers (the ones that were banished), the Pheonixracers (the ones that are trying to re-banish the Deathmongers), or make your own side in the war.)
ElementYou don't start with an element, but once you join the Deathmongers or the Pheonixracers, or somehow unlock the powers themselves, then you may choose one element and one element only.)

• 189 Replies
snowguy13
snowguy13
2,159 posts
Nomad

Name: Stratocumulus
Species: Cloud man
Appearance: Thin body, made of wispy cloud tufts. Roughly 6'3", and moves around by hovering slightly above ground level.
Health: 80%
Energy: 100%
Faction: Pheonixracers
Element: Water

Gold:0
Items:None

I gather an orb of water, then launch it at Keket!

macintot
macintot
69 posts
Nomad

Wood - Squire

Flag

Name:Asreth
Species:Woodland Elf
Appearance:5'2"A woodland elf with a dark brown shirt and pants
Health:100%
Energy:100%
Faction:neutral
Element:none
Items:dagger

The cyclops nods as you leave. Things are pretty much uneventful until you reach a really scary part of the woods. The trees are gnarled, dead, and twisted. Even the shadows are creepy. After a while you see a dead dear with a spear in it's side. You see a snare directly between you and the deer, as though someone wanted to trap you.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Name:blue wings
Species: unknown
Appearance:short, thin, black hair, black eyes, one black wing, one white wing
Energy:95%
Element:None
Items:Amulet
(accompanied by a skelepard pup)

You go back outside the village, where the centaur was. It's still there.

"Looking for work, I presume?" the centaur asks, raising an eyebrow. Well, I'm sure I can find some for you to do." He pauses for a moment, thinking, before he speaks again. "Have you ever heard of a kitsune? You know those foxes with a bunch of tails? The arctic variety live up here. Their fur is top-notch, but they're nearly impossible to find. I've heard there's a whole litter that was just born a week ago about a mile west of here. If you could bring back some skins and maybe even a live pup or two I'd be sure to give you a decent amount of gold and some medical supplies- you're going to need them. You'll also need this." The centaur hands you a short spear. "Just like any other animal, they're pretty protective of their young. Also if you see a human walking around, it'd be one of them. After all, the humans are extinct."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Name: quakey tombstone
Species: stone/sand golem
Appearance: medium height, spikes on his back and arms, sand instead of feet, arms made out stone and sand
Health: 100%
Faction: neutral
Element: None
Gold:500
Items:Scimitar

You beat the guy to a pulp, blocking almost every attack. One particularly deadly attack did get past your defenses though. He swung his tail at your legs spiking you in the thigh. One of his longer spikes, a good two feet long, broke off his tail and clattered to the ground. Eventually you beat him and he falls to the ground, defeated.

The one thing you don't know about us bandits is-" He starts to say, then changes his mind when he sees his tail spike on the ground at your feet. "Never mind. Boys, give him what he asked for and let's get out of here." They hand you scimitar and quite a bit of gold before vanishing among the dunes with their injured leader. Looking down you notice they forgot his tail spike.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Gold - Knight

Flag

Appearance: Thin body, made of wispy cloud tufts. Roughly 6'3", and moves around by hovering slightly above ground level.
Element: Aqua

The ball of water hits. Since you don't have power over snow and ice though (those belong to the freeze element) and the orb is relativley small. It's enough to make Keket soaked and rather cold, and maybe make her fur frosty once it freezes, but not much more than that.

endlessrampage73
endlessrampage73
2,539 posts
Nomad

Items:dagger

I go around the snare and take the deer back to the village.

macintot
macintot
69 posts
Nomad

Gold:75
Items:dagger, Panpipes

Something jumps at you as you go around the snare, but you duck under it and grab the deer. It got trapped by the snare, and you can hear it trying to get out, but you don't bother to look back as you flee. Running away from the beast made you hungry. When you get back the cyclops gives you some gold, a set of panpipes, and you're invited to dinner.

StormDragon
StormDragon
4,584 posts
Peasant

Name:Keket
Age:21(in dog years or 3 if you want to go by human years)
Speciesire wolf
Appearance:A black wolf with a blood red bone ridge along her back.
Health:91%
Faction:Pheonixrunner
Element:Lunar

Gold:100

I ignore my wet fur and attack.

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith

Appearance: medium height, spikes on his back and arms, sand instead of feet, arms made out stone and sand
Items:Scimitar

i pick up the tail spike and continue walking to the town.

snowguy13
snowguy13
2,159 posts
Nomad

I attempt to dodge Keket's attacks.

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith

if you dont post something in a week so we can continue playing i think this game is dead. if not pm me.

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

i give him the spear back.

"im sorry, this may sound selfish but could you please give me a different job?"

macintot
macintot
69 posts
Nomad

Ayj:Posted! A day early too! Yay!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Speciesire wolf

Strato evades the brunt of Keket's attack, but still get rather scratched up.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Name: xrizor
Species: Naga
Appearance: A huge black snake with a creepy face.
Faction: Neutral

You're close to the top of a volcano. Below you is a forest with a large city a ways away to the south. West of you you can barley make out a marsh-like area. Slightly to you west is a cave, and ahead of you is a path down the volcano. Behind you the lava is bubbling and simmering, with no visible way across.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Items:Scimitar, Bloody Spike

You make it the rest of the way without event. Posted on the wall of the city (the inside side of course) are wanted posters of various bandits, offering rewards for their capture. One has a picture of the guy you fought earlier. It says, "WANTEDissapearen' Joe.
Reward:500 gold for information on his whereabouts. 2000 gold for his capture. See sheriff."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The centaur nods, disappointed. "Yeah, they all say that. I'll tell you what. In the swamp to the west there's an exceedingly rare metal called Radiol. Sometimes it come to the surface, where it's easier to find. That stuff's worth a... small fortune if you know how to use it. I'll be sure to give you a fine reward if you get some for me. You'll need these." He hands you a pair of thick leather gloved and a burlap sack, just as thick. "Be careful of the radiol. It radiates."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Okay folks! Now for what's kept me for so long! I've been working on this map (Well, the descriptions more than the map) for a while, and just now finished. I'll be using the names on it for now on.)

http://www.iaza.com/work/110812C/iaza16554472789300.bmp

Region Descriptions (each region is separated by dashes Eg:---)

Dessarta:Originally called dessert island, it's basically just that: A hot, dry dessert with sand dunes as far as the eye can see. There's less than five oases on the whole island, but there's some really old ruins in the southwest corner of the island. Dessarta is also famous- or infamous I might say- for it's crime. The region's main urban area, Barcoba, is wrought with muggers, pickpockets, and other shady characters, while bandits await in the dessert looking to jump and unsuspecting traveler. This region is currently run by the Pheonixrunners, but they're too busy getting rid of the remaining Deathmonger troops to worry about the criminal problem.

(active) Characters currently in Dessarta:Quackey Tombstone
--------------------------------------------------------------

Jougle:Originally called the Southern Jungle, Jougle is the the second largest region in the known world. It is also has the most resources and as such is greatly coveted by both sides. It's a lush tropical rain forest complete with vines, quicksand, and of course angry natives. Troops from both sides are concentrated mainly here in order to take control of Jougle. At the moment, fighting is a stalemate and the native tribes are in charge.

(active) Characters currently in Jougle:Asreth, Viet Anh
-------------------------------------------------------------
Cliire:Originally called the western cliffs, Cliire is a mountainous region. The peaks of even the shortest mountains reach over the clouds. As the original name suggests the summits of most of the mountains are cliffs. The forests on the mountains are chock full of dangerous beasts, the most well-known being the skelepards. Fighting is not currently going on in this region, but there is a mysterious dark force currently there. A few Pheonixrunners are suspicious that the original deathmongers came from there.

(active) Characters currently in Cliire:None
---------------------------------------------------------------
Icar:This region was orriginally called the northern forest, but I sort of got the name mixed up and began calling it the northern wastelands, the frozen wastelands, and just the northlands. This was the first region created. It a vast region of snow-covered forests, though at the the northernmost parts the region is mostly a giant glacier. The deathmongers are currently in control of this area, and they've destroyed almost every city.

(active) Characters currently in Icar: Keket, Stratocumulus, Blue Wings
------------------------------------------------------------------
Plarat:The largest region in the known world, Plarat is made up mostly of plains and meadows. Besides Jougle it produces the most food of any region, and as such is also highly sought after. The pheonixrunners are currently in control of Plarat, but are having trouble keeping the upper hand due to it's vast size.

(active) Characters currently in Plarat:None
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Decido:A decidious forest famous for it's nut crop. Most of the trees are oak, though apricot, pecan and chestnut trees are also common. There are several lakes and streams that serve as the main water source in this region, and in lakes near Moltor you can often find black stone floating on the surface. The Deathmongers are currently in control of this area.

(active) Characters currently in Decido:None
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Moltor:Though Moltor isn't really a specific region, it stands out from the other places in the world enough to be noted. Moltor Is a large active volcano that regularly erupts. The mountain is uninhabitable for most creatures, considering the fact the the volcano is void of any plant life. No fighting is going on in Moltor currently.

(active) Characters currently in Moltor:Xrizor
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Borog:Borog is an unforgiving swamp, complete with shoulder-deep mud and disease-carrying mosquitoes. There is no fighting going on in this area. (Writters block. I'll think of something eventually.)

(active) Characters currently in Borog:None

StormDragon
StormDragon
4,584 posts
Peasant

Speciesire wolf

I use my lunar abilities and try to preform a sneak attack.

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

"ok ill do my best"

endlessrampage73
endlessrampage73
2,539 posts
Nomad

Gold:75
Items:dagger, Panpipes

I accept his invitation.

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith

Gold: 500
Items: Scimitar, Bloody Spike

i go to the sheriff, telling him that i fought and won against dissapearen' joe. to proof that i fought him i show the sheriff the bloody spike from joe. i tell the sherrif where i have joe last seen.

macintot
macintot
69 posts
Nomad

Gold: 500
Items: Scimitar, Bloody Spike

The sheriff, a particularly stocky dwarf with wild black hair, raises an eyebrow as he listens to you're story. He doesn't seem to believe you until you show him the spike. With a nod he gives you your gold.

"I wouldn't normally say this to anyone but a dwarf, but would you come with us to help apprehend Joe? We could really use your help, consideren' you beat him in a fight." The dwarf says, stroking his goatee.

Showing 136-150 of 189