ForumsForum GamesThey're Coming (Mythical Animal/Element RPG)

189 22528
macintot
macintot
69 posts
Nomad

A war is brewing.
They were supposedly banished a thousand years ago, but now they're back.
They're coming.
They are bent on revenge. They will let nothing stand in their way.
They're coming.
They have unlocked the power of the elements, a secret known only by the greatest wizards of our world.
They're coming.
The humans are already gone. Now it's our turn.
They're coming.
You are about to be thrown into the biggest war in history. We all are.
They're Here!

In a nutshell, a thousand years ago some mythical beings broke their world's most sacred laws. They were banished to a dimensional prison.
During that time they mastered the power of the elements-flame, aqua, miner, lunar, solar, freeze, and nature- which were previously known only by the most powerful mages. They've escaped, and are bent on revenge. The humans have already been wiped out, and every living thing left is about to be thrown into this war.

CHARACTER SHEET
Name:
Appearance:
Health:__% (Don't let this reach zero!)
Energy:__% (Determined by hunger. Don't let it reach zero!)
FactionEveryone starts at neutral. Eventually you may choose to join the Deathmongers (the ones that were banished), the Pheonixracers (the ones that are trying to re-banish the Deathmongers), or make your own side in the war.)
ElementYou don't start with an element, but once you join the Deathmongers or the Pheonixracers, or somehow unlock the powers themselves, then you may choose one element and one element only.)

• 189 Replies
macintot
macintot
69 posts
Nomad

Name: quakey tombstone
Species: stone/sand golem
Appearance: medium height, spikes on his back and arms, sand instead of feet, arms made out stone and sand
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Faction: neutral
Element: None
Gold: 500
Items: Scimitar, Bloody Spike

snowguy13
snowguy13
2,159 posts
Nomad

Name: Stratocumulus
Species: Cloud man
Appearance: Thin body, made of wispy cloud tufts. Roughly 6'3", and moves around by hovering slightly above ground level.
Health: 80%
Faction: Pheonixracers
Element: Aqua
Gold:0
Items:None

I blast out fine particulates of water, hoping to make the local humidity rise to near insufferable conditions. If this manages to stall Keket, I attack. Otherwise, I warily watch and attempt to avoid attacks.

macintot
macintot
69 posts
Nomad

Name:Keket
Age:21(in dog years or 3 if you want to go by human years)
Speciesire wolf
Appearance:A black wolf with a blood red bone ridge along her back.
Health:91%
Energy:100%
Faction:Pheonixrunner
Element:Lunar
Gold:100

You sneak behind Strato and land a full-force attack.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Name:blue wings
Species: unknown
Appearance:short, thin, black hair, black eyes, one black wing, one white wing
Health:100%
Energy:95%
Faction:neutral
Element:None
Items:Amulet
(accompanied by a skelepard pup)

The centaur nods as you leave, not bothering to tell you you're going the wrong way- south instead of west. After a while you come across a... human?! It's playing with five small white foxes with nine tail each, which look like the arctic kistunes the centaur wanted you to get orriginally.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Name: xrizor
Species: Naga
Appearance: A huge black snake with a creepy face.
Faction: Neutral

The path down the mountain is long and uneventful. After traveling through Decido for about an hour you're stopped by some Deathmongers for no apparent reason whatsoever.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Name:Asreth
Species:Woodland Elf
Appearance:5'2"A woodland elf with a dark brown shirt and pants
Element:none
Gold:75
Items:dagger, Panpipes

The meal- a meaty stew made from the deer carcass- is delicious, and after eating several bowls of it you begin to get drowsy. Before you know it you're asleep. When you wake up you're in some sort of cell, guarded by the cyclops.

"Sorry, kid," he says sincerely. "They put me up to it. You better get your stuff together. You'll be needing it in a few minutes."

macintot
macintot
69 posts
Nomad

Appearance: Thin body, made of wispy cloud tufts. Roughly 6'3", and moves around by hovering slightly above ground level.

Because this game is not at all realistic, the water freezes by the time it's about as high as Keket's head. It does snow, though.

endlessrampage73
endlessrampage73
2,539 posts
Nomad

I ask who he is talking about.

macintot
macintot
69 posts
Nomad

"The other naitives. They're really hostile when it comes to strangers, you know."

endlessrampage73
endlessrampage73
2,539 posts
Nomad

I say:"Can you let me out of this cell? Since I got the deer for you I think you can trust me."

macintot
macintot
69 posts
Nomad

"Um, yeah. About that. The meat was laced with sleeping medicine. Another thing they put me up to. As for getting you out of the cage, I can't I don't have the key. And even if I did they'd kill me if I let you go."

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

ill just keep going. if they come to me ill just pet them

StormDragon
StormDragon
4,584 posts
Peasant

Speciesire wolf

I smile and admit my defeat.

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith

Appearance: medium height, spikes on his back and arms, sand instead of feet, arms made out stone and sand
Gold: 1000

i agree to help. he is a harassment for every traveler.

ooc: is there a way to buy skills or upgrades? if yes, where?

endlessrampage73
endlessrampage73
2,539 posts
Nomad

"Oh well. How long will I be in here?"

macintot
macintot
69 posts
Nomad

The foxes come up to you, curious. They seem to like you and your companion, romping around with the baby skelepard in the snow when they aren't trying to get you to pet them. The human transforms into an adult version of the kistunes and sits down some ways away, watching to make sure you don't harm her cubs.
Speciesire wolf

As you finish your fight the leader of the camp comes over to you.

"I've got a job for you two," He says. "There's a small band of about ten or so Deathmongers a mile north of here. You two are to go and stamp them out. This is a hit-and-run type of mission, so it's okay if you don't kill them all, as long as you deal them a significant blow. Kill their soldiers, confiscate supplies, stuff like that. Understood?"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Gold: 1000

"Great. Meet me at the gates." When you rejoin him by the wanted posters a few minutes later, he's armed with a single handed battle axe and light leather armor. There are five other dwarves with him, similarly equipped.

"Lead the way," He says.

(This RPG doesn't rely on stats, so there isn't a shop or anything for them. Provided you have the gold you can buy weapons and armor, though.)

"Not too long, unfortunately. Make sure you've got your pipes and your dagger. You'll be needing them." A few minutes later a tikbalang comes and unlocks your cell. It grabs you roughly and leads you outside. You're in a large Colosseum-like arena with a cage covering the top. Looking behind you, you see the tikbalang leave the arena as fast as its insanely long legs can carry it, with a thick wooden door slamming behind it. Whatever's happening, it's apparent that the tribal creatures don't want to be anywhere near. You can see other natives watching behind the safety of the stone walls and the net. Someone shout some words you can't understand, and crowd starts cheering, getting louder until the noise is deafening.

A trapdoor opens up on the far side of the ring, revealing a large hole. You're met with a strong winds that seems to be coming from the inside of the hole. Suddenly a large majestic gryphon shoots out of the hole, the trapdoor quickly being shut. It soars up to the top of the cage and screeches. Even with the natives making the din they are, you can clearly hear it. It lands about a hundred yards in front of you, causing the earth at your feet to tremble.

Now that it's on the ground instead of two hundred feet in the air you can get a better look at it. It feather's are mostly black except for brown patches on it's forehead and the inside of it's wings. It's beak and talons are a dark orange and dangerously hooked. It feline half is white with gray spots like a leopard. Before it retracts them, you can see four razor-sharp black claws on each foot. He's a good twenty feet tall and thirty feet long and looks to be a creature more suited for the mountains than the jungle, hinting that they captured it and took it from it's home, probably as a cub/chick/whatever they call baby gryphons. Looking into it's almond shaped orange eyes you can tell it's frustrated about being stuck here and would really rather leave than tear you limb from limb. But still, it's not like you had much choice. It's a good thing you have your things.

endlessrampage73
endlessrampage73
2,539 posts
Nomad

I try to play some happy music with my panpipes to make the gryphon not try to kill me. I try to stay far away from it so it doesn't feel threatened.

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

ill play with them as much as i can and eventually leave after also petting their mother

Showing 151-165 of 189