ForumsArt, Music, and WritingHey Creative People!

28 9200
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Welcome to Art, Music and Writing. It's the chillest place on Armor Games for artists, musicians, and writers. Kick back and share your work.

We respect intellectual property. PLAGIARISM WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. Even if it's not or can't be copyrighted, it is still possible to plagiarize. Credit anything you did not create to the person(s) who created it within reason. Attempting to pass off someone else's work as your own will result in a ban.

ART, MUSiC and WRiTiNG RULES and GUiDELiNES
1.) Plagiarism will not be tolerated. We cannot stress this enough. Attribute anything that you took from somewhere else and there should be no problem within reason. Report plagiarism to a moderator.
2.) Discussion about books, art, music, etc. by other people, i.e. professionals and other people you don't know, goes in Popular Media.
3.) Obscene material is not allowed. Sex scenes, excessive violence, excessive language, gore, and content otherwise better suited for mature audiences are not allowed.
4.) Please be aware of how much data you are posting. Posting several megabytes worth of media in one post will take longer to load. Not everyone has a high bandwidth.
5.) Be polite when giving feedback to another user's work. Criticism should be constructive. If you are going to be don't like something, don't be a jerk about it.
6.) Please check out the BBCode Guide on how to embed images, use bold and italics, as well as other things.

ART GUiDLiNES
1.) Do not claim someone else's artwork as your own. That is plagiarism.
2.) Embed images using the BBCode image tags. The tag must be in lowercase The URL must be the image URL, not the page or frame the image is shown. Right-click and View Image to get to the image URL.
3.) Images have a maximum width of 670 pixels before a scrollbar will appear. If the image is wider, please use a smaller image and/or link to the image instead of posting it on the forums.
4.) Please use a smaller image and/or link to the original image if the image is more than 10% larger than either 1000 px high or 1MB.
5.) Credit and/or source brushes, renders, textures, characters, etc. that you did not make. If you referenced at someone else's work to make your own, please include a source and/or credit the original artist.

WRiTiNG GUiDELiNES
1.) Do not claim someone else's poem, story, or other piece of writing as your own. That is plagiarism.
2.) Please post link to a story or other written work if it is long. Anything greater than 10% more than 5000 words is pushing it.
3.) Credit and/or source characters, objects, settings, etc. that you did not create. Ask for permission before using another user's image, character, etc. in your work.
4.) The forums will only accept ASCII printable characters. Other characters will result in unwanted symbols. If your piece of writing was written in Word or similar word processor, make sure all quotation marks (and apostrophes) are straight quotes ("" '' and curly quotes.

MUSiC and ViDEO GUiDELiNES
1.) Do not claim someone else's song, lyrics, film, music, or video as your own. That is plagiarism.
2.) You cannot embed any sort of music or video file on Armor Games. You will need to upload the file and post a link to it if you want to share it.

Please read the following posts for information on plagiarism, infringement, and constructive criticism. Any questions and comments can be posted on this thread.

• 28 Replies
iMogwai
iMogwai
2,030 posts
Peasant

But, some disgusting picture then?

Personally, I think you should avoid those if possible. If it is very, very relevant to the discussion, and you think it has to be shown to the others, I'd suggest linking to it rather than putting it directly in the forum, and making sure you let people know what to expect before they click it.
JohnGarell
JohnGarell
1,752 posts
Peasant

Personally, I think you should avoid those if possible. If it is very, very relevant to the discussion, and you think it has to be shown to the others, I'd suggest linking to it rather than putting it directly in the forum, and making sure you let people know what to expect before they click it.

Well... The guys here aren't avoiding them. The meaning of the thread is to make most disgusting picture.
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

So you've seen it going on in this forum?

Every now and then we permanently ban a user for doing this, yes. The charges are proven with exact matches not referenced by the perpetrator, which are invariably followed by a confession, and usually attempts to deflect blame.
wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

Hmm, looks like I dropped a word. It was supposed to say explicit gore. Blood pattering to the floor is explicit gore.

*chews lip*

I'd make a case on why that shouldn't be unacceptable, but I can't guarentee that the argument itself would be wholly acceptable due to questioning authority...
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Thread will be updated to correct a few errors, missing words, and add some resources.

We're working on fleshing out what PG-13 means, since it apparently has never been done wrt AG. We aren't wholly Draconian. There are no clear lines in the middle gray area but at some indeterminate point the line can be crossed.

Just to clarify some confusion: Blood itself is not disallowed. It should be clearer when this is updated.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Eeeeyup.

That is to say, I had to wait until my workload got a little lighter. We've got something in the works, and we'll let you know about developments.

I'd make a case on why that shouldn't be unacceptable, but I can't guarentee that the argument itself would be wholly acceptable due to questioning authority...

Questioning authority isn't a problem at all, so long as it isn't borne from resentment, contempt or cynicism. On an issue like this, questioning is probably the best way to a satisfactory solution.
ug5151
ug5151
587 posts
Nomad

Thread will be updated to correct a few errors, missing words, and add some resources.
We're working on fleshing out what PG-13 means, since it apparently has never been done wrt AG. We aren't wholly Draconian. There are no clear lines in the middle gray area but at some indeterminate point the line can be crossed.
Just to clarify some confusion: Blood itself is not disallowed. It should be clearer when this is updated.

Its been a month since you've said this, and you haven't fixed it yet. oh and fix the lowercased i's. that got annoying
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

oh and fix the lowercased i's. that got annoying

I actually think it's cool. I made this post on page 1:

I also noticed that the i's in the otherwise all caps headings are lowercase. I think that's cool.
SierraCastaway
SierraCastaway
130 posts
Nomad

Who would even try to steal someone else's work?

016Bramble
016Bramble
408 posts
Nomad

Tons of people do every day. It's not illegal to steal it if it isn't *legally* theirs. For example, if you wrote a song for fun and did nothing with it, i could take it and get it copyrighted. But, if you copyrighted it and I used it in a short film, for instance, and submitted it to a contest, that would be illegal. I'd be using your music without your permission so that I'd have a better film.

Or, I could use your writing for a report without citing the work, for example.

zakyman
zakyman
1,631 posts
Peasant

Hmmmmmmmm. I am debating on whether or not to post the first page of a novel I wrote for Language Arts class.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Or, I could use your writing for a report without citing the work, for example.

Except that isn't how copyright works.
To paraphrase wikipedia, the moment an idea is in writing, the rights to that written form of the idea is legally the owner's. Which means if I write something and does nothing with it, it is still my writing, and you would get in trouble using it without my permission.

Hmmmmmmmm. I am debating on whether or not to post the first page of a novel I wrote for Language Arts class.

In that case, please do not do that in this thread.
Senben9
Senben9
22 posts
Nomad

Thanks that's extremely helpful.

Showing 16-28 of 28