ForumsSupport ForumSpam for referrals?

31 5325
crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,611 posts
Jester

I see alot of people spam for referrals and it just annoys me and I want help to stop them from making spam accounts for AP Example jokerxx=87 referrals kingofgames =68 refferals(in two days) jackice=171 referrals) do you think they make fair accounts or spam accounts?

• 31 Replies
ubertuna
ubertuna
2,120 posts
Shepherd

Ok Moe, it just seemed as if he was being overly worried. KoG should have no reason to be worried unless he has done something wrong.

DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,058 posts
Blacksmith

There are easier, more legit ways to get AP... such as Merits! People should be more concerned with making legitimate, helpful posts to get these points than trying to make up friends to get AP ^.^ Or bribing real friends to join. There is no point in bringing in a bunch of people who make an account just to make you have a few more points...

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

crazynator i don't make referrals for ap i just make them for fun i don't care about ap,if i wanted i can make 200 referrals in 10 minutes because there is a way to do them fast but why don't i do them,because i don't care for ap i just make them for fun.if i wanted ap just for my self i wouldn't teach to anybody how to do them even if i teached somebody to do them but let's not make names.thats all.

Are you saying that you make extra accounts for fun? Please, try to post more clearly, so that I can understand what you are going at here.

but i made my referrals over icq so probably it will be so that it show us that i faked them but i used icq and icq is a completly other system and works different then msn

They will be able to tell if you faked them or not. If you did, then that is trouble. If you didn't, then you have nothing to worry about. But it won't look like you faked them if you didn't. So if you are telling the truth and did not cheat, then no worries.

There are easier, more legit ways to get AP... such as Merits! People should be more concerned with making legitimate, helpful posts to get these points than trying to make up friends to get AP ^.^ Or bribing real friends to join. There is no point in bringing in a bunch of people who make an account just to make you have a few more points...

Agreed!
XCoheedX
XCoheedX
922 posts
Scribe

Haha well what if there are still referalls, but no ap for them? It will help the site, but you don't get points for them! I still thought it is a good idea...

SkullZero1
SkullZero1
511 posts
Nomad

Haha well what if there are still referalls, but no ap for them? It will help the site, but you don't get points for them! I still thought it is a good idea...

But people need motivation to refer someone, but not so much motivation to fake it... what a dilemma...
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Well, it is pretty obvious when someone fakes it... they always get caught. We just have to look into it.

DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,058 posts
Blacksmith

Wouldn't the motivation for the referral to be to help out AG and have your own friends around? I can understand from AG's point of view why there is a reward for referrals, but maybe it should not be so high. Still, I think that the time people take to make fake accounts could go into making useful posts, but I suppose that is too 'hard' for some of our spamming friends around here.

armorgold
armorgold
273 posts
Nomad

ya jackice has alot of rerrals!

StarScreamer
StarScreamer
608 posts
Shepherd

well king of games you got over 400 points in afew days. enought to pass coheed. so i just think that referrals r a joke. if i want to get ten points i could just go to ppls profiles and say wuz up abunch. merits r more worth it and referalls r too confusing and dumb in my opinion.

kongking948
kongking948
41 posts
Nomad

I bet some people do, but i bet most people do it because they actually wanna help the site.

Victrixs
Victrixs
94 posts
Nomad

How did she do that? I just go to my old website and refferal users there.

Mike_Yu
Mike_Yu
50 posts
Nomad

How do you get referrals ?

Bratt02
Bratt02
402 posts
Shepherd

People with many Referrals... People who are gone for a day busy making one and people who is greedy for points! I hate it! Well, who knows whether some are fake and some are real? Sometimes, I want to check my friend's...Friends list to see if it's true! Yet, a bit impossible, eh? Anyway, I only referred to one person because she was interested 'cause I keep bragging to her that 'I'm a Lord already' stuff like that! But, she didn't continue 'cause it was a bit boring... Sigh. Anyway, I hate to see my friends spam for points... It's sad to see them like that...

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Spamming for Referals? What is AG coming to?
I have tried spreading the word about AG around on other game sites...but it seems that they don't want me to advertised on Miniclip.
The only two merits I have are:

1. My cousin...he was bored. He never comes on anymore.
2. My friend...he has dial-up so can't come on anymore.

Just looking through the register bit I noticed that there wasn't a security bit. You know...where you have to enter the code...
People could macro the site...and get their computer continuously making accounts.

XxPens87xX
XxPens87xX
79 posts
Nomad

dont you mean two referals?

Showing 16-30 of 31